PVP still broken.

patch didnt do anything to fix the balance issues pve and pvp. was worried this month would be gaming overload with this update (which really has no new content.. just "corrupted areas" which we find by farming the same old low level areas??) dark souls 2, south park stick of truth and titanfall..

happy to say I can take one game off that list.

edit: dont whine about the double post, clicked submit and it errored the first time.
Last edited by Drahken on Mar 5, 2014, 5:35:31 PM
"
Drahken wrote:
patch didnt do anything to fix the balance issues pve and pvp. was worried this month would be gaming overload with this update (which really has no new content.. just "corrupted areas" which we find by farming the same old low level areas??) dark souls 2, south park stick of truth and titanfall..

edit: dont whine about the double post, clicked submit and it errored the first time.

PvP will never be balanced in games like this.

Max block just about negates everything from every build except Righteous Fire.

Righteous Fire just about destroys any build that can't one shot it.

Summoners can't ever PvP because they have no self survivability. It's all in their minions, and unless they are invulnerable so long as they have minions, they can't PvP without dying 100% of the time.

Want balance? Go to a non-ARPG.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:

Summoners can't ever PvP because they have no self survivability. It's all in their minions, and unless they are invulnerable so long as they have minions, they can't PvP without dying 100% of the time.

get a clue. ARPG will never be the most balanced PVP games.. its always been like that. but even by your own admission a few quick tweaks would remove the glaring pvp issues that negate all but 2-3 builds.

If you had any experience in ARPGS you would know they all have had balance issues, but nothing as bad as this game.
Last edited by Drahken on Mar 5, 2014, 5:42:04 PM
"
Drahken wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:

get a clue. ARPG will never be the most balanced PVP games.. its always been like that. but even by your own admission a few quick tweaks would remove the glaring pvp issues that negate all but 2-3 builds.

If you had any experience in ARPGS you would know they all have had balance issues, but nothing as bad as this game.

LOL. You're the one who needs to get a clue, as it's you who obviously hasn't played any and/or doesn't understand how they cannot be balanced.

If you want to begin balancing PvP where block is concerned, you need to either add in block penetration, remove block, or have block only mitigate damage instead of ignoring it.

Edit: It's also not limited to just a "few" builds. Either you do enough damage to one shot someone and it comes down to attack speed, or you end up dying just about all of the time.
Last edited by Natharias on Mar 5, 2014, 5:48:59 PM
PvP was balanced in D2

and no, hammerdins weren't broken if you had actually played competitive pvp.
Really it doesn't come down to whether PvP is or can be balanced. It doesn't come down to whether you think it was balanced in Diablo 2. What matters is that people liked it in Diablo 2 (and other games) and want it in this game. Why does that have to be taken issue with every time PvP comes up? It's whinging on whinging. So meta.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Kid you have no where near the PvP experience that I have and its never been this broke in a ARPG. All they have to do is apply changes that are PVP only.
there is block penetration

just sayin.. and..pvp cannot be balanced
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I fired up PoE, hit Act I for about 10 minutes, then logged out. Too boring.

So what's with this cut-throat stuff? I'm a little confused, is Invasion league essentially cut-throat? If so I might give that a whirl. Man I'm bummed out that this game is so boring to me now!
Sarn arena was fun for about 30 mins.
then it just became the same thing over and over again.
A VERY LAZY update just so they can say they did something for pvp.

All the pvp veterans are just smashing on noobs. Same old song
Only thing new is that decent lvl 30-40 gear is gonna be worth something now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info