Sacrifice of the Vaal is now Live! Compete in our Launch Competition!

sweet! 8D
Would have liked to see more focus on making viable end-game builds from lower level uniques or interesting combinations of skills - without having to focus on tankiness.

I feel like there is some synergy lacking that would make the game a lot more enjoyable in both leveling and farming later on. ATM there is a huge dependence on gaining a lot of wealth to hit 'end-game' and not die due to lack of tankiness - not everyone wants to play hardcore style and farming docks/piety/etc is boring, so many builds are left totally unviable. I've found that a "good build" is extremely restrictive despite the awesome variety in the passive tree and skill gems.

Anyways I look forward to trying out the new patch, and hope you guys have more in store for people who want to love PoE with some unique builds.
Last edited by yeknoms on Mar 5, 2014, 5:12:41 PM
Patching my client now, good job and hopefully I will get time to play soon.
Played invasion till Climb where I ripped.

The game seems unfun, I spent 10 minutes killing an unique necro on climb. New content is great, but balance is really poorly done.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Grats GGG!
Thanks GGG!
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
nice, good thing there's a lot of changes which kinda forces the hand of GGG to reset skills. though would be better to grant 100% respec every major update.

also excited to get those new cyclone and fireball skill gems...

hope im wrong coz i wonder how restrictive the changes are going to bode for solo players as it seems to me that some of the changes are geared more towards team play.

so, more legacy items goes into regular dumping leagues? poor newbies, apparently less and less incentive to start playing.

and still no enhancement to in-game trade :(

well, at least, the game setting matches the trade format, both are archaic... so spam away!

oh well, i will find out over the weekend if this patch will make me open up my wallet to GGG.

this message is a repost...
Last edited by patataz on Mar 5, 2014, 5:18:17 PM
Great stuff.

Esp for this solo/poor player who gets to endgame just fine
Leagues are the best part, and Vaal content is bonus.
/Cheers
SSF since ~OB
"
DnAngel wrote:
I'm not gonna play thank you anyway.

-Most of the balance changes in the wrong direction (block was the problem, not those uniques);
-I do not like the new skill tree;
-Cheap fix to eternal and mirror with the new vaal orbs;
-No gameplay improvements (desync and animations, fluidity...);

I like the new vaal orbs, but that's not enough GGG. People expect more.

Have fun guys who still enjoy the game, good luck to everyone!

Kinda feel the same way.
"
I'm not gonna play thank you anyway.

-Most of the balance changes in the wrong direction (block was the problem, not those uniques);
-I do not like the new skill tree;
-Cheap fix to eternal and mirror with the new vaal orbs;
-No gameplay improvements (desync and animations, fluidity...);

I like the new vaal orbs, but that's not enough GGG. People expect more.

Have fun guys who still enjoy the game, good luck to everyone!

1) My suspicion is they will directly address block later. A block penetration gem/monster mod was mentioned in the hegemony PvP interview, maybe they'll test that internally.

2) Changing the meta is good for the game. I concede the bottom left corner of the tree looks goofy.

3) I hope Vaal Orbs weren't meant to remedy mirrors/eternals. They have intrinsic merits of their own. Notably, a soft form of item sink. That will keep the economy stable and loot rewarding for longer. Admittedly it probably isn't enough for the permanent leagues. What do you want done to Eternals? Divide them into two orbs, one for physical properties (sockets, links, colors) and one for magic properties?

4) This is incremental and I highly doubt GGG would purposefully deprioritize any of that.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Mar 5, 2014, 5:23:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info