Quality on Vaal gems?

Any idea how to get quality on these gems? All vaal gems shown so far are corrupted so I guess you cant use gcp's but anyone know if you can use the lvl 20gem+1gcp recipe or if you use a vaal orb on a normal gem and it turns into a vaal gems it keeps quality?

Or maybe you can only get them by drops in corrupted zones and since they dont exist in maps you cant get them there.

It is possible somehow since a quality vaal gem has been shown.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Mar 4, 2014, 7:44:28 AM
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2016, 2:30:59 PM
I think they were just showing off corruption effects.

Corruption and Vaal gems are 2 different things. I think you can modify a Vaal gem before corrupting it.
"
Rafein wrote:
I think they were just showing off corruption effects.

Corruption and Vaal gems are 2 different things. I think you can modify a Vaal gem before corrupting it.

All 5 lvl 1 vaal gems they did show here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/807869 as well as all other gems they have shown are all corrupted and also the lvl 1 vaal fire ball that drops from a chest in the gametrailer video is.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qmk3fm/path-of-exile-sacrifice-of-the-vaal-walkthrough (02:55)

Also they havent shown any corrupted effects on vaal skills that normal gems can get.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Mar 4, 2014, 10:24:53 AM
I used a vaal gem on my levelled (L10) spectral throw and it turned it into a vaal spectral throw with the same level. Unfortunately it wasnt quality before converting so i cant confirm that will persist, but i think it will.
If you corrupt a regular gem, there's a chance it will turn into it's Vaal equivalent and retain it's original level and quality.
In Ambush, you should also be able to get one from a Gemcutter's box with quality and "has a vaal gem" affixes.
"
kallixti wrote:
In Ambush, you should also be able to get one from a Gemcutter's box with quality and "has a vaal gem" affixes.

^ like this

IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Its so stupid no one even answered the question
"
Bahamgod wrote:
Its so stupid no one even answered the question

Shagbeard is a "no one"?

EDIT: Lol, didn't notice the time..:) Jokes on me.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 20, 2016, 1:12:26 PM
I built a Cyclone gem to 20/20 & then corrupted it hoping to get 21/20 but it became a Vaal Cyclone with 20/20.

Not sure if that's what you meant.

Spoiler

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info