So the new patch notes are out

And nothing for pvp. The block issue is "fixed" by making saffell's and aegis legacy items (not going to change anything since we all have them anyway so all it really does is prevent new players from getting into pvp). Other than that nothing at all to improve pvp.

Oh wait we did get a new capture the flag uhm I mean free for all pvp..

This was the patch we was told to wait for since pvp tournaments and balance wasn't done in time for release. Yay
looks like es/spell dmg got buff which is good

ggg didn't mention about rf haha rf still top for pvp cheers!
i foresee a mass quit
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
I have to say thia is the worst way to adress the issue with Aegis Aurora. I really hoped for some reduced Block items/passives/Support or whatever. It seems like they are purposely breaking pvp balance even further, trying to scare new people away from it. Such a disappointment..
Last edited by Xorim on Mar 4, 2014, 6:34:56 AM
There is only ONE big dissapointment, NO PVP TOURNAMENTS!
=Licht ist Leben=
"
Hruthgard wrote:

While I agree with this, it should not come as that big of a surprise... I mean, you can´t make tourneys when the balance is fucked up the way it is, both in Open and LLD.

In regards to LLD: No changes to traps, no changes to punture, no changes to curse-effectivenesxs on players, no changes to perma-flicker-enabling-guardian-gloves, no changes to block, no changes to block-penetration, no changes to the oneshot-fest it currently is...

Oh yes, one thing has changed: second one of my borderline unviable builds has been destroyed in succession. First the wander thanks to the nerf to Ele-Hit, now the Spectral Throw char with the dmg-nerf.

Meanwhile Heavy Strikers can smack all they want with 150% dmg-effectiveness... what a bunch of fucking bullfuck!

Guess either I am out of LLD or I will have no fun at smacking noobs with my sword-ranger...
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"
Xorim wrote:
I have to say thia is the worst way to adress the issue with Aegis Aurora. I really hoped for some reduced Block items/passives/Support or whatever. It seems like they are purposely breaking pvp balance even further, trying to scare new people away from it. Such a disappointment..

It was pretty easy to tell how they would change Aegis Aurora, judging by the numerical changes made on uniques at release. I predicted several days before the patch notes that they would nerf Aegis Aurora from 4% to 2% (yes, I got the numbers right too). Honestly it's not that hard to adapt to the meta; plus, we have no idea what the uniques will be. You can't rule out reduced block items just yet.
"
Azdrubel wrote:
"
Hruthgard wrote:

While I agree with this, it should not come as that big of a surprise... I mean, you can´t make tourneys when the balance is fucked up the way it is, both in Open and LLD.

I don't think that's a reason not to have tournaments. So far there has been 0 incentive to explore what's strong in PVP and I wouldn't say (at least for LLD) that people have it all figured out. Tournaments would be a great way to help actually realize the balance of PVP, and (ideally) would do so by drawing a lot of new people in.
"
"
Xorim wrote:

It was pretty easy to tell how they would change Aegis Aurora, judging by the numerical changes made on uniques at release. I predicted several days before the patch notes that they would nerf Aegis Aurora from 4% to 2% (yes, I got the numbers right too). Honestly it's not that hard to adapt to the meta; plus, we have no idea what the uniques will be. You can't rule out reduced block items just yet.

Every one will keep their old 4% aegis auroras so everything will stay the same (no new meta to adapt to). The only thing that changed was that new players will have a harder time getting into pvp.
"
Xorim wrote:

Yeah I wish there would be passives in the game that reduces enemy block. Oh Wait! There is :D

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/With_Sword_Reduce_Enemy_Block

Next time, do your homework. Good day.

BringYourFriends

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info