[HC] 2.0 MartinCreek's Immortal Ranger Build (8 March patch update)

I will get to it right now :)
http://twitch.tv/MartinCreek
Ok, noob question. What is Immortal Speed?

IGN: Obi_Shoots_Arrows
pretty much what i did with my hc bowranger.Might i sug one thing tho? to the left of the tree next to heart of the glad "30life 20 str" you pick up armour mastery with 2 str nodes to get there,you really should think about getting those 2 enemy critical strike multiplier reduction for 30% less dmg from crits as it=less spike dmg and thus more control and time to get out of a tight spot
I will look into it, thanks :)
http://twitch.tv/MartinCreek
Excellent build and entertaining stream please keep updating this thread. xD
very nice build thx for your help Martin, im trying it on hardcore right now, oh i have a question, what about bandits quests ?
Couple of doubts.

Why don't you take the 3 WED nodes above Point Blank?

Why Lava Lash? Just to boost Anger and whatever mods you have on your gear? Is it really worth it?

Why Blood Drinker? 2% physical on an elemental build doesn't sound too hot. Unless you're always going to go for very high phys bows and forget about the +ele mods on 'em? (In that case, WED nodes are not working hard enough and your physical damage isn't getting multiplied by any nodes either.)

Are the armor nodes getting calculated after Iron Reflex' conversion? (I'm assuming yes but can't be too sure!)

Lastly and more importantly, why Frenzy as your single target? Frenzy without a single max charge node seems like meh. What about Ele Hit instead?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by dndallasta on Feb 2, 2013, 3:05:07 PM
"
dndallasta wrote:
Couple of doubts.

Why don't you take the 3 WED nodes above Point Blank?

Why Lava Lash? Just to boost Anger and whatever mods you have on your gear? Is it really worth it?

Why Blood Drinker? 2% physical on an elemental build doesn't sound too hot. Unless you're always going to go for very high phys bows and forget about the +ele mods on 'em? (In that case, WED nodes are not working hard enough and your physical damage isn't getting multiplied by any nodes either.)

Are the armor nodes getting calculated after Iron Reflex' conversion? (I'm assuming yes but can't be too sure!)

Lastly and more importantly, why Frenzy as your single target? Frenzy without a single max charge node seems like meh. What about Ele Hit instead?

Thanks in advance!

He's quite spread out due to taking nodes far past the Templar tree and as such needs to weigh his options. In this instance, Lava Lash is a +30% boost to an element for just one point.

Armor nodes are getting calculated post-IR. As for Elemental Hit; its actually quite rare and hard to obtain one, especially one with >+17% Quality. Frenzy is the easier alternative, but Martin may have his own reasons.
And and and and Blood Drinker? Well, I guess it's the same logic as Lava Lash.

Just wondering if those two points as a blanket +20% to WED wouldn't be better.

As for Ele Hit, quality gives +crit chance last I checked so it'd be useless with RT, no? Unless they changed it on the OB or something.

Thanks for answering!
Hey everyone,

I'll post my contribution here,

This is my take on the HC BM Ranger and what i'm playing atm. BM ranger is a lot of fun.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAecCcQSzBS0ILg6tFCAUTRjbGS4Zjho4GlUdFCFgI_Yn1SftKS4ppTJ-Mok1hjWSNug6UjqzPfxAoEOcRmlKfU3jTshQR1BQVElW-lcNV-JYY1ivWfNaSFuvXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegZ71uqnKpdO108XfleA1673y4fNmE74d2jM-PRpAKkFWbjZuhnaqeuZ7NogCnMKeEqW6sWayqtfK5zbndwBrEFcRYxPbG2NDQ0iHTftSP2WHdDd-_51LsOO2D7g7ub-8O7_DwH_Iv8932SPrS_MX-jw==

It give you enough damage (always think to upgrade your bow !) to roll on normal and cruel, and enough survivabilty to facetank almsot everything.

So for the variations between my build and Martin's one :

I didn't pick Blood Drinker as i think the gain is less valuable than other Life-regen node, you will have this life-regen perpetually you won't have the Life Leech perpetually, Life Leech don't help on LA, Don't help while you are moving.

Didn't took Lava Lash either, in my opinion this point is pointless, the only things it will boost will be Anger, fire damage on your stuff (if you have some) and 1 arrow on 3 on Elemental Strike, so it means either you need to get a very specific full fire damage gear, or be very lucky on the proc of Elemental Strike for this point to be worth.

I took 2 more Life regen node, 2 %Hp more, and the double 15% crit reduction (as someone mentionned it will smoother the damage you receive)

For my playstyle :

I use LA + LMP + Weapon Elemental + Chain + Faster Attack OR Life on hit (probably bother later on with a lucky 6L)

I also like to use Poison Arrow+Weapon elemental wich have a huge dps, i usually shoot a poison arrow, then start spamming my LA.

For the Mono i use Bear Trap, and Frenzy+Faster Attack, and poison arrow.

Poison arrow is an amazing spell it's a great spell when you have to kite around something and you can't stop there spamming frenzy or LA.

As aura i play with Grace mainly for now, i will probably pick Anger & Wrath later on with more gear.

My support gem aren't complete yet as i miss gear and some level. if people are interested i'll edit this post with more info on that later on.

If you have any question feel free to send me a PM or come ask them live on my Stream @ Twitch.tv/Morggause.

Cheers
Last edited by Morggause on Feb 2, 2013, 11:31:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info