[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

"
Helokity wrote:
First of all - thanks for a great guide. Way too many of these guide-writers should learn how to do that, honestly. This is a brilliant example of work fine done.
Just one question. Why there's never mentioned Fire Penetration skill gem? Looks like it could help with fire res mobs, doesn't it? Flammability -49%, FP -35% - and there's no fireproof monsters. As a side plus - you don't need to cast that.

Fire pen support gem doesn't work with Searing Bond. Fire pen doesn't affect degens which SB is.
Some other people explain it better in the comments on the first few pages of the guide.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:

Fire pen support gem doesn't work with Searing Bond. Fire pen doesn't affect degens which SB is.
Some other people explain it better in the comments on the first few pages of the guide.

Yup, checked that, there's no penetration sign on totemic icon when gem installed. Kinda weird. I didn't read older entries, they're usually out of date, but fire penetration is (more or less) explained at page 3. Thanks!
thanks for the help!
delete
Last edited by mannihello on Jun 3, 2014, 10:28:37 PM
bump
Good built overall.

One issue I'm having is with Iron reflexes. I went down to IR before I went Eldritch battery (still going up there at lvl 65) and I had to respec that one point out because it cut my survivability down by a lot. Without stun immunity from Unwavering, how do you get it to work?
High lvl Arctic Armor?
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
Good built overall.

One issue I'm having is with Iron reflexes. I went down to IR before I went Eldritch battery (still going up there at lvl 65) and I had to respec that one point out because it cut my survivability down by a lot. Without stun immunity from Unwavering, how do you get it to work?
High lvl Arctic Armor?
Well, I just got a ton of evasion on gear before I specd into it. With grace I have 6700 armor all the time. AA is awesome though too, and really helps out with some mob types. This build is actually one of the most tanky that I have played in my time in PoE. It's pretty easy to get lots of life and resists on gear because you don't need a whole lot else, and you end up with +22 to all resists from the tree (and 15 fire).
Is there an updated version of this build for 1.2?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info