[1.1.0] TankyTotems - Dual Searing Bond Templar

"
netmos wrote:
Hey guys, i have a question about this build:

From how i understand part of the strenght of SB is EE because SB does not trigger it, so you can just use any other dmg type to "permanently" give the monster hit -50% fire resist.
Does this still work with Ancestral bond? Because the skills you hit the Monsters with desl no damage?

Also OP is using shock nova with traps and stuff, do these really shockstack (even with 0 dmg) or is that just to trigger EE?

thats why traps. you can't deal any damage yourself, but traps can deal damage.

because the shock nova: afaik op triggers elemental equilibrium with ice nova first, to make the mobs weak for shock nova traps.
"
Ice Nova (level 1)

may i ask why only level 1? i cant see a reason for that (a)
"
Ketamiinii wrote:
"
Ice Nova (level 1)

It's just for breaking stuff for loot I'm assuming, and to set off EE. Keep it low level for lowest mana cost.
Last edited by Freezer64 on Mar 29, 2014, 2:32:50 AM
"
Freezer64 wrote:
"
Ketamiinii wrote:
"
Ice Nova (level 1)

It's just for breaking stuff for loot I'm assuming, and to set off EE. Keep it low level for lowest mana cost.

Actually it's for triggering elemental equilibrium. He says to leave it at level one to reduce mana costs I expect, since damage isn't important. If you want to level it up to add a bit of damage that is not a problem, but it's a relatively minor boost. If you want a spell to break stuff you would be better served with one not linked to trap, even though it wouldn't do damage, it still works to break boxes and whatnot.
I made this char pretty much based off this guide and I must say I am loving it so far.

In 3 days, I have leveled to 62..Act 3 Merciless. This is the fastest I have leveled a char so far. Once I got Searing Bond at level 24 I shot to like level 50+ in a few hours. The best thing about this character is the amount of stats, skills and attributes to worry about. All my resistances have been maxed the whole time and keep adding up. Depending on gear, most are over (100%-130%) and my chaos is 8%, will be 16% next level. My MF is 133% base and 183% with IR gem. I have been using just a +3 sceptre I alted. I really have a lot of room in terms of picking up new pieces of gear as I can take the resist hits and pick up something else like health/armor/mana reg/IR as needed. My resists are still flutuating as I pick up new gear, but never below max 75%. I think now at 62 going forward I will concentrate on life, armor and mana regen because they have all been negelected, but I have not had any problems so far with it so yea. More health and armor is always welcome no matter what. My mana regen is lacking but I'll fix it. I'll prolly pick up some more mana too because I can't keep running Arctic Armor often, but I keep at is a backup. And once I level my Lightning Warp/Faster Casting/Reduced Dur link I can move around with it better. I might also do a CWDT with a Molten Shell and Enduring Cry. I'll prolly focus on a new sceptre or two(?) with damage/fire dmg. I like my shield right now, so we'll see as I level up. I haven't picked up a Searing Touch yet but I am looking to and I don't know how I'll use it yet. I might just off hand it and switch back and forth.

As far as the MF goes, it kicks ass. This character is great at farming with over 180% on Searing Bond and with 5k dps on it at 62, I can solo clear maps quick quick quick. In 3 days, I have collected over 10 uniques probably worth over 2-3exalted. I fill my pack up with yellow rares 2-3x a level. Just so many magic/rares constantly. It's great, starting to gear my other characters up with it and just make currency.

All in all, a very CHEAP char to build. Easy, fast leveling. GREAT farming for magic items/uniques/currency. HIGH dps on Searing Bond.. dual totem burning damage is awesome. Not a lot of stats and skills to worry about on gear, leveling wise. Lots of flexibility with gear.. mainly worry about resists, health, armor, mana/mana reg and MF. So EASY. Definetly keeping this char for future farming. Prolly best farmer in the game I'd think.
Holy crap, I stopped paying attention to the guide for a while and I have 19 pages of comments now.

Glad a lot of people seem to enjoy the build and find it great to magic find.

I'll try and address some people's questions soon
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
I have a question - how do you farm the wicked one in temple map?
I literally cant damage her at all =/ Even with multiple topaz flasks i cant get in range and place a totem
PS. Other 71 maps are extremely easy though :)
Last edited by tntultra on Apr 4, 2014, 9:47:25 AM
enfeeble curse instead any other curse is helpfull, i guess.

this boss is a pita, i skip it. also with a 85 marauder.
hi, just a question, why you don't get faith and steel? it is just 3 points away
So a little update on my progression.
Lvl 81 atm, have around 30% phys dmg reduction running grace, 3.3k hp, 1.2k mana, around 180/100/100 resists, 235/20 iir/iiq with 7.2k dps lvl 18 searing bond and +2 firegem sceptre.

Gear

As you see gear is complete crap, iir/life oriented.
Flasks

Recently bought 10 white 71 maps and farmed all the way up to lvl 77 easy maps (shipyard, precinct, all 75s, 74 - gorge, underground river, 73s except dark forest, 72s except torture chamber and jungle valley, 71s except temple) - all around 100%+ quantity including temp chains, enfeeble, curse immune, -maxres, -elemres, double uniques and so on. Elem reflect is the best mod, because mobs doesnt reflect dots like searing bond. Fracture is the scary one, especially against exploding mobs. I almost never use enfeeble, also i dont warp around with AA on, just running :)
Planning to farm Maze and Residence as far as i got plenty of them. Also want to try Torture chamber, i think it might be easier then temple in general.
Also got many other 77 and lower maps. But a general conclusion so far - mobs in 76+ really hit like a truck, so sometimes they accidently one-shot me.
Also farmed 67 maelstrom of chaos unique - it was like a joke.
I cant farm temple, and i dont farm maps with devourers or "inhabited by animals" because i hate them ;p I found arctic armor really decent in demon mod against miscreations they deal literally zero damage.
Actually map drops were crappy so far, only dropped map-only spellblock shield. Also i havent dropped any exalted+ orbs since the start and chaos/regals/divines are extremely rare also.

Best farm place with best drops up to lvl 80 are catacombs (also fine after 80) + its vaal zone with silly skele unique inside.
Piety is a joke and i run nearly full-clear lunaris lvl3 + boss in 5-6 mins or so.
As a test tried Dominus which i couldnt kill on lvl 75 and killed him with ease - just activate arctic armor on phase 3 to mitigate summon damage + i lvled up vaal summon skeletons and activate it also (just fo fun :)). Dominus is pretty much as fast as piety.
Speaking about vaal skeletons - they might've been pretty decent against flicker uniques like kraityn in Gorge, but i havent tried it yet.

About exiles - the worst ones are fire bitch and newly updated storm one, which uses vaal summon. That was a complete surprise the first time i tried to kill her in 1.1.2.

Hope it helped smb, cya :)

PS. Yesterday bought this for 2c, seems like bargain 4 me
. Also linked chance to ignite in spare slot to ice nova, weird but it works!
Also switched to crypt armor

and now have slots for almost every aura.
Also i can now use warp + fast cast + reduced duration.
Actually im very interested which one is best in high quality maps - that iir boots or iiq boots and why.
And finally, i chanced this :p
!11
Last edited by tntultra on Apr 11, 2014, 11:47:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info