Another suggestiong regarding the timer

In all honesty, the current timer seems to be working pretty well. I haven't done a statistical analysis with error bars for my 95% and etc, but I take a look at the timer whenever I sit down at my computer and it seems like somewhere between 1/3rd and 2/3rds of keys are going to people who have made forum posts.

Given the statement from Chris that GGG isn't going to cut people totally out of the loop for not using the forum I don't think we can expect a better ratio than that.

It's not giving out keys to inactive accounts because of an oversight or laziness or apathy or whatever on the part of GGG. It really is working as intended.

But even if it didn't actually improve my chances any, I would just feel better if it were back to a two-timer system, one timer giving out keys to just anybody at random, the other giving out keys to active forum accounts. With active being defined as having made a post in the last 7 or 14 (or whatever) days.

This would have two effects:
-If people are going to create dozens of accounts to up their chances, this will make them a)work for it b)easier to detect.
-We'd all be able to see it working. It would feel like our chances are better even if active-user timer was slow enough they didn't really improve.
but then Forum spam would increase to all new levels of troll squared to the 3rd degree.
"In the end everything you do, is just everything you've done."

Engaging Lurk Mode
Well, forum spam is already pretty heavy what with the whole "active accounts are more likely to win" thing and "active" not being clearly defined.

If it was explicit all you had to do was make 1 post every two weeks I think it'd be okay. Plus we've got "spam this thread to make sure you're active" threads up to contain that nonsense.
Well i thing the timer should be 10 minutes or less.

Most key winners probably will never play.

Or send keys with expire times, that will be good too.

Whos really intrested, dont miss.
Yeah they love to claim that Even when an account has the same last login date as join date with 0 posts this does not mean this person is inactive.... Really? then what the fuck does it mean... it means your inviting people who will never play so that you dont stress your server just tell us that don't lie... I think 0 posts and no log ins since you joined sorta qualifies you as inactive... and i've seen more accounts than i can count like this on the timer getting keys all day... So to all my fellow people who are jumping through hoops for a key fuck em lets just play something else... It's a big winter for gaming and i'm sorry but im not selling my soul for this when i have d2 installed on my computer right now...
Default ladder: Zosia
I saw yesterday and today, a person get a beta invite who only signed up within the last 5 days or so! That is very lucky is you ask me! Here's to still trying!
Patience is a virtue... and you guys are like seagulls squawking about a frenchfry
seriously?
"
Myzery wrote:
Patience is a virtue... and you guys are like seagulls squawking about a frenchfry

It's not about not being patient for me I'll be more than happy to wait till it comes out for real before I play it... So long as I haven't found 3 or 4 games by then that are just as good if not better lol. Either way my problem with this thing is the fact that they are giving keys to 900 inactive users instead of people that deserve them. People who were considered Vets should all have keys already but they don't and it's because of these inactive accounts.
Default ladder: Zosia
I agree with the first and second replies. I like the idea of keys having an expiration date. That would make them harder to sell if you're just farming keys. Real beta testers are the ones who, like me and many on these forums, only want one key to be able to play. My birthday is tomorrow and I'll start my thesis in about a month so I don't feel like waiting a long time to test this game.
I just want a beta key ><

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info