Post closed

Post closed
Last edited by Kikoyou on Mar 31, 2014, 12:08:44 PM
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
I might as well give some feedback, since I'm probably one of the few people who's actually made a build similar to what you're aiming for.

(I don't use bino's - too expensive - I use bino's cheap claw cousin, Mortem Morsu. The chaos damage conversion and constant poisoning makes taking the chaos passives for Viper Strike, my DoT of choice, even more worthwhile).

Here's just some bullet-point feedback:

-Your build stretches quite far, it's got a lot of transition nodes (basic int/dex/str nodes). I use transition-node counting as my basic theory test for whether or not a build will work; you're generally safe into the mid-high 20's. Your build has around 40 transition nodes.

- You've got very little ES besides the nodes around CI. Ghost Reaver can work wonders, but I feel like you're going to be incredibly delicate, especially considering the fact that you can't leech from DoT damage, your primary source of damage.

- To piggy back on that; you could make the build considerably more durable by completely getting rid of Zealot's Oath (tons of points investment for very little return), and instead investing in Mind Over Matter + the Mana Flows and Mana Geyser notable passives. Spending about 6-8 points to effectively add 30% to your HP is a much better return than stretching the 17 points for Zealot's Oath + some token ES nodes.

(Basically, CI with this build is kind of a bad idea)

(Sub note: Although Bino's regen effect could be enough to protect you during the ordinary course of events, you'd get screwed over at boss fights, since there would be less deaths to protect you. Possibly PvP as well).

-There's no reason to tie blood rage to your flicker strike, you'd be better off manually casting it and properly supporting the flicker strike so that it deals more damage/crits more.

I'd highly recommend picking up a pair of Mortem Morsu's if you're serious about making this sort of build - it's a cheap unique at 1-2c. You'll be able to test the playstyle and see how viable it is in a general sense much quicker than if you saved 80ex, bought dual Bino's, and leveled a character to 65. You obviously won't be able to invest in the dagger passives with them, but you'll get a much better sense as to whether or not the build does stretch too much, whether or not it does need more ES (if you stick with CI), etc.

Also; whirling blades, a poisoner's best friend. Get in, poison everything, get out and watch the mobs melt. Also gives you nice obvious spots to cast vulnerability, and is a decent general mobility skill.

Firstofall, thank you for answering. I really appreciate what you've wrote.

I definetely need around 160 skill points ^^

It was all about the Bino's
I took Zealot's Oath in order to use Bino's passive, life regeneration on kill. Ofc, VS bosses, wont work that well...

Str transition nodes were made so i can wear the Death Oath.

I don't think mind over matter might be a good choice. I want this build to be as logic as i can. With puncture, i dont need to spam ability. Just hitting till i see my targets gets ignited (crit). I don't need mana ! Would have been a great choice if i were using artic armor.

Puncture is all about the physical damage dealt during the initial hit. My point is to hit really hard, without attack speed, during this first hit. I'm still deliberating about using Abyssus, in order to increase the base damage.
I don't think my life leech will be delicate, considering a base 10%+ life leech due to death oath + blood rage.

But your right saying that i'll get a defensive lack, that's why i intend to get the armor/ES nodes at the left.

I'm currently building a new cher in order to test this threw.

And i don't really care about buying 2 Bino's. If i could, i would :p I really love this dagger ! I think there's really sth to do with, using it's full potential
There is a first try of the same build, without Death oath, blood rage, CI and Zealot's oath

Hp based, in order to use the Bino's regen, without ES

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABvrz0xkUKNdYxnqZXTeP-jzWStfJuqkrIqW54Db6KAdykGRv6Jd-E2W5pvqfSTcAP7-NjcDSTtkFOKimlW6_Q7vejYnkV9gAGGNutSlKvzSbdDfzFVvruDhrbTGAEsZVmJP3nVNUAA4cbrRXwBfmjipsm6NYi6p2WK28YvbJE3vbndGHih9umf-1BFr_z6nBSwFHjhA5IEZado_yrVuoFfX_GwcWIQpAbcFaaE9vU6f65fOywjAtHBsLstMWX0Fb1uT7bbn3j7Bi00XaCyAw=
Last edited by Kikoyou on Feb 22, 2014, 1:22:16 PM
When i started this game, I meet a really friendly player who helps me with advices and stuff.

His name is Serlev, and he's the Steel Cannon build maker.
That's one of the most powerfull build in POE. I checked, and he has got 35+ transition nodes.
"
Kikoyou wrote:
When i started this game, I meet a really friendly player who helps me with advices and stuff.

His name is Serlev, and he's the Steel Cannon build maker.
That's one of the most powerfull build in POE. I checked, and he has got 35+ transition nodes.
Took a look at the steel cannon build - interesting stuff. You're right that it is a strong build with a lot of transition nodes, although the way it's structured seems to allow for more incremental building, and his use of transition nodes is fairly effective, as he often picks up at lest 1-3 nodes for every few nodes spent. The transition node thing is by no means a hard rule, it's just a general warning sign I use.

(As a sub note, it uses Soul Taker, in my opinion the most singularly OP item in the game - it's a really easy unique to make a really strong build with it, because it eliminates mana cost as a build concern. Bino's doesn't have that luxury).

The HP based build looks a bit more efficient, however I'd still be concerned about durability. You've only got 62% increased max health, which is low even for a soft-core character, especially considering that you have no hard negation that's musually used on characters with lower health (MoM, arctic armour, even the acrobatics passives...). My viper strike character currently regens about 10% of life per second (in addition to MoM and both acrobatics passives, a fully leveld arctic armour, and the Imortal Flesh belt), and while it's excellent defense against common monsters, you do need a bit more health to cushion larger blows from enemies like Kole, Dominus, etc.

In my opinion, the extremely high number of points you invest in dagger and crit nodes weakens the build's durability considerably, and you can't kill things if you're dead. You might want to consider using snakebite + blood dance, since those will combine to let you take full advantage of Bino's poison ability nearly 100% of the time, as well as provide substantial extra regen (3%-7%). While it won't showcase puncture nearly as much, it would make the build considerably more durable, and compact. Scion's also in a unique position to counteract Snakebite's reduced frenzy charge duration, with access to both increased duration and increased buff duration nodes.

(Knockback or chance to flee could replace the critical support gem to let you take advantage of Puncture's 500% increased damage while moving modifier. It could ultimately deal more damage then relying on crit nodes, since with crits on this build you're getting a 300-ish% increased damage modifier only part of the time.)

Also: I didn't realize you were going for Death's Oath, I must have just glossed over that. If you'd still like to go for a CI death's oath build w/ crits, you should consider going for the disemboweling cluster of nodes near Templar, as they are (strangely) some of the best/most efficient 1h crit nodes on the tree. Unfortunately, one significant downside to Death's Oath is that you can't use an ES chest, which also leads to durability issues. One way to work around this is by using an ES shield with some passives that boost the ES you get from it, although that's not really an option for this build (although hey, it might be with the right tree).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info