0 FPS "freeze lags" for several seconds.

Hey, same problem here. But I just got a new graphics card so we'll see if it persists.

Specs (before):
i7 4770k Stock
MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660Ti
16GB Crucial Tactical 8/8/8/24 CAS
256GB Samsung 840 SSD (Game is installed on here)
ASUS 248QE 144hz monitor (doesn't work with in-game vsync, unfortunately...)

New card: EVGA 4GB GTX770
"
alewares wrote:
Hey, same problem here. But I just got a new graphics card so we'll see if it persists.

Specs (before):
i7 4770k Stock
MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660Ti

upgrade from 660ti to 770? :D man i would be really happy with a 660ti.

i was pretty convinced that the problem was related to hdds in general but since you ve got the game on a ssd this can't be the case. do you use windows8? if so, can you look in the taskmanager under the section performance if your ssd has spikes in activity when the fps drops occure?
"
"
alewares wrote:

Specs (before):
i7 4770k Stock
MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660Ti

upgrade from 660ti to 770? :D man i would be really happy with a 660ti.

i was pretty convinced that the problem was related to hdds in general but since you ve got the game on a ssd this can't be the case. do you use windows8? if so, can you look in the taskmanager under the section performance if your ssd has spikes in activity when the fps drops occure?

I use windows 7 x64 enterprise. This problem just happened again. I noticed the GPU dropped to 0% usage for the period but couldn't look at task manager fast enough. It is very rare so hard to pin down...

EDIT: Got the logs for another time it happened:

D:\ is the storage drive, C:\ is the SSD I am running it on.
GPU usage dropped to 0% again, along with memory controller load. Everything else stayed normal, including all the other GPU statistics and other programs, etc. At the blue line's start is where the freeze started.

I have a feeling this is not a HDD issue or GPU issue, namely because I have tried two different GPUs with multiple driver versions, and installing PoE on three different HDDs (Caviar Black, Barracuda, Samsung 840 SSD), and the issue has happened in every instance. The only factors to consider now (imo) are PSU, memory, and the game itself. I have tested both my PSU and Memtested my memory. Perhaps it isn't a straight-up fault in the game but rather compatibility from a recent patch affecting something in the GTX 6/7 line of cards?
Last edited by alewares on Feb 23, 2014, 12:40:52 AM
For me the 0 FPS drops started to happen after I updated to the 334.89 driver. Rolling back to the 331.58 driver fixed the problem for me.
I got no fps drops in Nemesis but in HC for example when rare mob spawns or Dominus dies, my fps spikes to 0.

I did NOT update my Geforce drivers yet.
Same thing is happening to me...
Same here, the game freeze for like 3-5secs then it resumed. If anyone have a solution for this please post. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info