What blue items are worth eternal-regaling?

got this one which looks nice to me, is it worth it to eternal regal it or just regal and pray for good phys roll/attack speed?
Never work around a weapon with missing % damage increase.

It's a rule.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
the guy above is right, you have to hit tyrannical first
You don't "have to hit tyrannical", but you do want to get % Increased Physical Damage of an acceptably high level (if you are doing Physical Damage, of course). You don't have to hit the max tier/roll, but you do want to get as high as you can without breaking your orb reserves.

To answer the topic question: Unless you are hell bent on crafting up "BiS" rares then, IMO, there is never a need to Eternal a quality blue of decent ilvl before you Regal it. Then again, I am one of those players that is perfectly happy with gear that is "good enough", so my "tastes" are bit less expensive than some other players.

This one is.
Refer to
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54167
There you will find what can roll in an item, the magnitude you need in order to be in the highest tier and the minimum item level required to do so.

Rule of thumb: magic items with 2 mods which will be useful to your build and that are at highest tiers are worth a regal.

Before crafting, decide what are the two or three most important mods you need in the item and try to reach those at highest tiers.

Guys are right, for weapons, damage comes first. Tyrannical is rare as hell so be patient.

Edit: the link was wrong, now it refers to the right place.
"Hey man, nice shot"
Brisa guild leader,
"All challenges" seeker.
Last edited by guipumi on Feb 17, 2014, 2:57:35 PM
There's this common misconception flying around about crafting, though I can understand why it is so prominent in guides and things like that. It's because crafting from scratch can cost you so much currency and totally screw you over in the end if you don't have enough resources to back it up. From that perspective it quickly spirals into 'if you're not shooting for "perfect rolls" then you're wasting your time', which again, I can see the justification for it. However, with that said, people saying that you NEED to get Tyrannical first - rarity of the roll excluded - have been too far deluded into this mindset to realize that you DO NOT NEED Tyrannical on a crafting item. It's certainly NICE TO HAVE, but if you're looking to try and craft something for yourself, then you need to look at how much of an upgrade you want.

In the case of your Harbinger Bow, at the minimum it appears to be at least ilvl 77 since you rolled the two-handed 'Flaring' prefix for the damage range, which can only roll on an item ilvl 77 or higher. You rolled that - which is subsequently the highest flat physical damage tier roll you can get - as well as the top tier critical strike chance affix, so you already have 2 top-tier rolls. With that said, you're now wanting to look for both the Physical% Damage roll as well as the hybrid Physical%/Accuracy roll, and those only require ilvl 73 to roll, so you're fine there. I believe those are Tyrannical and Emperor's, but here's the kicker...you DON'T NEED THOSE, unless what you're trying to upgrade from is already something incredibly good.

I don't know what weapon you're wanting to go up from, or if you're making this bow for another character, but if you still have it, then go ahead and throw a Regal Orb at it. If by some crazy chance you have some Eternal Orbs lying around or can get a hold of them, then this bow is certainly worth trying if you're seriously committed. Rolling for both Tyrannical and Emperor's specifically is little more than a waste of currency IMHO, and getting both of them...well...at that point you might as well just buy the already crafted Harbinger Bow that axn has up in his shop thread. Strive for them for sure, but if you get the damage% mods a tier or two below Tyrannical and Emperor's, you're still going to have a VERY potent weapon at your disposal in terms of just raw damage.
I will have to disappoint you, but you are teaching him wrong.

If you need just an average item, you don't go the alt/regal way. You chaos it, or blind exalt items with potential, if rich enough, praying to win the lottery. It's the cheap and unreliable way.

If we speak about alt/regaling, it's completely the opposite. It's hell of expensive, with certain results. You may not need mirror worthy item with max top tier rolls, there could be a compromise, as it all depend on your personal wealth, but at least you need a solid starting point. In this case it's the % physical.

He has to roll tyrannical first.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
In crafting, the cheapest rolls to obtain are the first 3, since you are spending only alterations and regals. On SC 300/13:1 are usual rates for alterations/regal to exalteds.
However, an eternal is about 3 exalteds each. So, if you are in a budget, you gotta be certain to get the hardest mods at the highest tiers first as if you let to get tyrannical later, you might end up spending a fortune in eternals and not getting it. Tyrannical is way to hard a prefix to get and hence it is usually desirable to get it first than when in the eternal step. As the base is slow, the dmg will come from there, critic and IAS rolls.
If you get something one step bellow, it can still roll a decent/powerful weapon, but in that case it is advisable to control the number of eternals you gonna put on it.

If you intend to craft something very very similar to AXN's, don't! It is much cheaper and safer to just mirror AXN's than trying to make one.

"Hey man, nice shot"
Brisa guild leader,
"All challenges" seeker.
"
guipumi wrote:
In crafting, the cheapest rolls to obtain are the first 3, since you are spending only alterations and regals. On SC 300/13:1 are usual rates for alterations/regal to exalteds.
However, an eternal is about 3 exalteds each. So, if you are in a budget, you gotta be certain to get the hardest mods at the highest tiers first as if you let to get tyrannical later, you might end up spending a fortune in eternals and not getting it. Tyrannical is way to hard a prefix to get and hence it is usually desirable to get it first than when in the eternal step. As the base is slow, the dmg will come from there, critic and IAS rolls.
If you get something one step bellow, it can still roll a decent/powerful weapon, but in that case it is advisable to control the number of eternals you gonna put on it.

If you intend to craft something very very similar to AXN's, don't! It is much cheaper and safer to just mirror AXN's than trying to make one.

Eternals were the best way to kill crafting and monopolize on rabid rmt'ers.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info