What blue items are worth eternal-regaling?

"
torturo wrote:
I will have to disappoint you, but you are teaching him wrong.

If you need just an average item, you don't go the alt/regal way. You chaos it, or blind exalt items with potential, if rich enough, praying to win the lottery. It's the cheap and unreliable way.

If we speak about alt/regaling, it's completely the opposite. It's hell of expensive, with certain results. You may not need mirror worthy item with max top tier rolls, there could be a compromise, as it all depend on your personal wealth, but at least you need a solid starting point. In this case it's the % physical.

He has to roll tyrannical first.

Not really teaching him the wrong the way at all. Chaosing is not the way to go as it's just as much as crap shoot with alt/regaling in the long run. It just looks better because now you're talking rare items with more than two affixes on them, but you'll waste so many Chaos to even hit something remotely decent. Alt/Regal is by far the safest way to go because you start off with some of the cheapest, easiest to get orbs in the game, although Regals are certainly not frequent droppers, but not on the level of exalts/eternals for sure. Then again, they're also cheaper to trade for compared to those two as well. Chaos orbs are much better spent either on map-rolling or used as a purchasing currency (ironically, but not surprising) since people will want Chaos for either maps or to give to someone who wants to spam them away on trying to craft and getting garbage 99% of the time.

And as far as 'average item'...that's down to personal preference but I wouldn't call an item already hitting two top-tier rolls and even if only getting tier 2 or 3 on the combined physical rolls to be 'average'. Approaching, getting to, or even going over 200% even by a little is by no means 'average' in my eyes...that's more grounds for around 150% IPD, but I understand that opinions on this will vary. While I do agree that OPTIMALLY the physical damage roll is the best to start off with, it's not the be-all-end-all and in this case I don't believe it is either. At the very least this item has enough potential to be worth putting some investment into, and if nothing comes from it, then since the base is more than high enough for the better stats, scour and try again.

"
Nephalim wrote:
Eternals were the best way to kill crafting and monopolize on rabid rmt'ers.

Sad, but very true.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Feb 17, 2014, 5:57:59 PM
"
Tanakeah wrote:

Your words sound ridiculous . It's probably an attempt to defend your personal statement, but it still doesn't make you right.

When a crafter is on it's way to blow at least 20-30ex minimum (more likely much more to obtain something decent/semi-decent) in the alt/regal/et/ex process, you advise him to be cheap on alterations and to avoid the max roll of the most important mode, according to weapons ? Do you even realize what you are talking about ?

Yes, alt/regal is that expensive. And if the crafter is not ready for that, he should not go the alt/regal way. Better throw a couple of chaoses then.

When you alt/regal and intend to blow a lot of currency, you may compromise with flat phys values, but never with % phys increase, it's the multiplier.

Besides that, crafting a weapon without % phys is completely wrong and a waste of currency. His bow, in it's current state, is not the right crafting base.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Feb 18, 2014, 5:18:03 AM
Worth regaling for sure. But not with eternal...
IGN: ManModeMara (gmt +3)
"
torturo wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:

Your words sound ridiculous . It's probably an attempt to defend your personal statement, but it still doesn't make you right.

When a crafter is on it's way to blow at least 20-30ex minimum (more likely much more to obtain something decent/semi-decent) in the alt/regal/et/ex process, you advise him to be cheap on alterations and to avoid the max roll of the most important mode, according to weapons ? Do you even realize what you are talking about ?

Yes, alt/regal is that expensive. And if the crafter is not ready for that, he should not go the alt/regal way. Better throw a couple of chaoses then.

When you alt/regal and intend to blow a lot of currency, you may compromise with flat phys values, but never with % phys increase, it's the multiplier.

Besides that, crafting a weapon without % phys is completely wrong and a waste of currency. His bow, in it's current state, is not the right crafting base.

I think you mean most important 'mod' but get what ya meant. ;) My words are not ridiculous at all, but I'm not arguing whether I am 'right' or not, that isn't the point. The point is and has always been from what I'm saying is that to not avoid the max roll, but to not waste currency attempting to only get that and nothing else, especially once he's already got two top-mods already. I did say that OPTIMALLY it is good to try for Tyrannical first, but you don't have to craft 'optimally' if you're looking for an upgrade unless you already have something that is loaded with very high values. I'm willing to bet the OP doesn't have a weapon that is like that, hence why he was asking if what he got was worth regaling - which it is - and even sinking some currency into it beyond that.

I know how important the Physical% rolls are, but they are also worthless without the flat physical damage to multiply by, which is the other half of the equation and he got the highest tier roll of that, and that's not common either. Yes, I know Tyrannical is rare, but that doesn't mean it's the only acceptable value...it isn't. That's the point I've been saying ever since I got into this thread...Tyrannical may be the be-all-end-all when it comes to flat Physical%, but it's not necessary. Let me be VERY CLEAR HERE in case you misconstrue it again...I AM NOT saying he should avoid the Tyrannical roll all, but he should most certainly not be afraid to accept slightly lesser rolls and be plenty satisfied with the crafting. Again, I could be wrong here, but I'm willing to bet that even with a tier or two less than perfect on both the Physical% and Physical%/Accuracy hybrid rolls he would still come out far ahead that whatever weapon he currently has and that would be a successful crafting attempt.

With that said, if he's looking for perfection...well...that's already been done with axn's bow, but I'm also willing to bet that he doesn't have enough currency to afford both the mirror itself and the fee that goes along with it. Again, that's the point I'm making...he doesn't NEED to strive for perfection and to throw away this bow base is a foolish decision just because it hasn't hit the mythical Tyrannical roll.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info