Phase Acrobatics-- Worth it?

Can I get some input on whether you fine ladies and gentlemen think investing 5 additional skill points to get phase acrobatics would be a sound investment?

Playing a LA crit ranger with the following tree (so far)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4EfgW1BfkILgzyDkgRlhXwGY4Z1xn-GwEhdiP2JP0wfDH6Nj051DpYPs9KfVFHVvpaSGHiZ6Bv8nC7cNV0QXb3d9d_K4cZh3aIa5UFmyabjZ2joJ-jiqTCpcun1K_rvebAUcqp037UI9aK3vbjhOdU53To1u2D7g7veu_w-WP8q_zF_sg=

Obviously I'll pick up the nearby crit/life/damage nodes, but that's where I am so far.

Wearing (or soon to be wearing) the following relevant gear:

Spoiler

Haven't decided on which bow yet

Thoughts? I'll be running a high level grace aura, main attacks will be frenzy and LA with various associated supporting stuff and things.
Stormcalling 24/7.
Last edited by Casual_Boops on Feb 13, 2014, 10:19:08 PM
If your kiting skills is not so good, PA would be valuable vs hard spell bosses like temple/shrine/crematorium/torture chamber etc.

The first bow with lightning damage is way better for LA.
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Last edited by biralo on Feb 13, 2014, 10:21:58 PM
"
biralo wrote:
If your kiting skills is not so good, PA would be valuable vs hard spell bosses like temple/shrine/crematorium/torture chamber etc.

The first bow with lightning damage is way better for LA.

As for the bow: noted.

As for the kiting-- I can kite like a pro (thank you, quicksilver flasks..) but I also have point blank.. So I'm not going to be face-tanking anybody but I'm also not shooting off screen.

:popcorn:

EDIT: and while I've got you here-- you think that chest piece is worth throwing another Exalted orb at to possibly roll another mod?
Stormcalling 24/7.
Last edited by Casual_Boops on Feb 13, 2014, 10:27:15 PM
generally, no, i would rather put those nodes into life.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
if you have Acrobatics (Where all drawbacks are) there is literally no reason to not take additional 10% dodge and spell dodge.

if you dont have acrobatics.. and you are going full EV well, you take Acrobatics as it has no drawbacks for you

it works, granite up for tough spots but it works
Drop that small "Bow damage and speed" node and get that Assassination node in shadow =)
Last edited by shadowscout on Feb 14, 2014, 2:14:37 AM
"
Can I get some input on whether you fine ladies and gentlemen think investing 5 additional skill points to get phase acrobatics would be a sound investment.

Yes, because you get an additional normal dodge of 10% from 4 of those nodes. If they were 4x6% spell dodge nodes I would not take them.

Spending 5 nodes on life (as Nephalim suggests) may be worth it too, but only when you have a large base amount already (often obtained through a 1000 life legacy armor).
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Dodge is worth it because it gets calculated separately from evasion.

Moreover, in the endgame you'll find lots of sources of crazy spell damage, so spell dodge is always great. Think of it this way: it's like having 60% block with Stone of lahzwar. 100% worth it imo, if you want to go full acrobatics.
Last edited by havz0r on Feb 14, 2014, 6:21:23 AM
If you get max spell block and Phase Acrobatics, you will only be hit by spells 17.5% of the time!
"
If you get max spell block and Phase Acrobatics, you will only be hit by spells 17.5% of the time!

And taking resists into account, you'll only receive 4.4% of the total spell damage fired at you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info