Phase Acrobatics-- Worth it?

"
havz0r wrote:
"
If you get max spell block and Phase Acrobatics, you will only be hit by spells 17.5% of the time!

And taking resists into account, you'll only receive 4.4% of the total spell damage fired at you :)

Which is still 4,400 damage if the spells fired at you deal 100k damage, which usually comes from Vaal Laser, Dominus' Touch of RIP, Map Piety's instagib version of Storm Call, or Shock and Horror.

Or PVP dueling Cast on Crit Dischargers/EK Spammers.
"
Sachiru wrote:
"
havz0r wrote:
"
If you get max spell block and Phase Acrobatics, you will only be hit by spells 17.5% of the time!

And taking resists into account, you'll only receive 4.4% of the total spell damage fired at you :)

Which is still 4,400 damage if the spells fired at you deal 100k damage, which usually comes from Vaal Laser, Dominus' Touch of RIP, Map Piety's instagib version of Storm Call, or Shock and Horror.

Or PVP dueling Cast on Crit Dischargers/EK Spammers.

Because hiting you once and then discharging with one powercharge deals so much damage, UHMM NO it doesnt, can you not spout bullshit?
"
NagiSoi wrote:

Because hiting you once and then discharging with one powercharge deals so much damage, UHMM NO it doesnt, can you not spout bullshit?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Elixir
It's only worth it if you don't intend to invest much currency/points into defensive points/gear and prefer to just stack up on HP nodes and gear up on gear with high +life without high defensive stats.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Feb 15, 2014, 12:14:39 PM
"
Sachiru wrote:

100K damage from Vaal/Dominus/Piety? LOL.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 15, 2014, 2:12:43 PM
i do not under stand. there are no 4 "extra" points. those points alone are worth grabbing. those points help more than anything else you couldinvest in, then phase is just another point after that. all these are required for a truly good evasion build in my opinion. so yes. its worth it and good luck with the build.
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
Fantastic, looks like I'll take the points. I really appreciate the input folks!
Stormcalling 24/7.
I've got a HC 85 LA ranger with acro/phase acro & 3700 health, 8k frenzy, lioneseye, thurderfist, etc...

While the evasion is nice, it simply doesn't protect reliably. I risk death even in 66 maps if the wrong mob combos spawns - just today a leaping chimera frog pack spawned with extra damage and 4 jumped me at once taking me down to 20% or so.

When undying evangelists spawn in a map, it pretty much feels like I should just abandon it.

I have no doubt that running IR with grace/determ would be better than Acro, and the results from the week league infographic confirm it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info