Confessions of a noob

We were all noob at 1 stage, so what's the noob-est thing you've done (or did wrong) with your first character/build?

I built a dual-wielding axe duelist and thought it was best to get all the nodes around duelist starting area without aiming for any long distance keystones. I'm talking anything dual wield, single hand nodes - including all the dual wield block. Seriously couldn't kill anything past lvl 60.. Was really disheartening, but General were right; re-roll time.
RipEleHit
Last edited by farqueue on Feb 13, 2014, 12:06:51 AM
Don't know, I just download the game and now it's updating.

Will come back in a week or two.. I'll dominate this game
I sold expensive uniques for 1 chaos..like aegis aurara...this was a long before they were this expensive but still...the stats just didn't look so good and as a noob I was collecting everything cause I didn't know whats good-I needed the space LOL.

Also sold Wake of Destruction boots for 1 chaos...after which the guy said theyre worth an exalt and asked why I sold for only 1 chaos..I replied it seemed like bad boots (which I still think). After that I approach trading as if the persons always trying to screw me over LOL. (definite words of wisdom for any noob in this genre).

I remember trying to sell my Soultaker for 9 exalts when they first came out too.. luckily no one bought it, still have that baby.. dropped in docks too <3
"
farqueue wrote:
We were all noob at 1 stage, so what's the noob-est thing you've done

Spent 150+ hours farming for JabberJaws at a time when he didn't actually exist in the game, mainly due to just skimming over a thread and not reading it properly at the time. When it finally clicked, I saw the funny side of it and became a Diamond supporter. :)
In beta first week playing. Used Mirror on a ring i got from Solaris quest. i had2 crap tri res rings....... Lel
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
I threw lots of jewler orbs at my 1-hander believing it could have 4 sockets.. Not a mirror, but still a big chunk of my early "wealth" :)
IGN: discoCowboy
Used an exalt on lvling gear in Normal/Cruel (can't remember).
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Used 4-5 exalts on shit gear!
IGN:FinishMan, BrownHallo, Maman, SpeedyJoJo, StereoCld, WildRobe, Ladyto, SpeedyJoJo.
Used regal on lvl 1 ring.
Used tons of chromes and jewes and fuses on leveling gear.

But now that I see your stories mine doesn't seem that bad :)
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Using the only gcp I found for like the first 6~ months of playing on my whirling blades to see what it did.

On a dual claws shadow with pure damage.

At least I made it to cruel! Even if was only to fetid pool because all the leeching in the world can't save you from being stunlocked by rhoas to death 5 times in a row.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info