[ ****** MASSIVE DUAL-WIELDING BUFF!!!!!! ****** ] Mirror Service: #1 1H Axe (Copies: 19)

^
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Ha! Runs a lotto gets it himself! LOOKS LIKE WE NEED CSI MIAMI ON THE CASE!

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe
Did the crit mod came with augmentation?
"
Blastrophe wrote:
Ha! Runs a lotto gets it himself! LOOKS LIKE WE NEED CSI MIAMI ON THE CASE!

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Lol, I didn't get "it" if "it" refers to what the lotto was being run for which was tier 1 phys/acc. And no, crit came 5th.

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
^

^

^

So why have you kept the crit mod?
I crit my pants
IGN: @nelson_mandildo, @balki_bartokomous, @thailadyboy
Some of my crafted items http://i.imgur.com/ALWOzHk.jpg
"
tinko92 wrote:
So why have you kept the crit mod?

A lot of reasons. One is the same reason that people run crit swords. It's not like there are great sword crit nodes. End-game, crit is generally (can't speak about pvp) better than RT for those that optimize their gear appropriately. Sword is slightly better in this regard, because it's higher attack speed, but it's not too far off siege axe AS, and of course there are advantages to going a little slower with higher base damage (sustainably running blood rage, needing less mana leech, block penetration (?), etc.)

Another reason is that the only decent alternative would have been chaos resistance (or some other resistance), which would really be useful only for PVP imo. In terms of damage (the only thing that standard folk care about :)), this Axe is the best for RT builds as well unless you rly wanted some resists, so going crit was better in terms of wider audience appeal. It's the best DPS axe for both RT and crit builds. On a similar note note, it's more appealing to mirror, because it gives the person who mirrors an option to go RT or crit, and thus flexibility in changing their mind after they have mirrored the axe.

Last reason was that I knew I would have to blow a stupidly large amount of currency on the hybrid mod, and I got crit before I rolled any sort of resistance, and T1 chaos resist is rather hard to roll. So it was a better decision for me monetarily as I don't have infinite currency.

That was my thought process and conclusion after discussing with some others. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by KiPad on Feb 12, 2014, 4:44:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info