[2.0] SAM's 48K RoA/Split Arrow + Puncture/Evasion + Herald of Ash

but jst a piece of advice, i think u can refund the chaos resistance skill point, 2 points there and put them to the hp instead since the chaos resist isnt much and waste 2 points there i think not quite worth it and increase the radius of aura, respec some there then u can get the 24% more hp. Just a suggestion though. ^^
"
Risoka wrote:
After reading many ranger builds, I have to say your build is the top 3 best build available now after patch especially in terms of price-performance ratio. It inspires my build too. Thanks. Keep up the good work. Cheers. ^^

You're too kind! I see you're level 93 as well. The grind really got to me ): I want to do maps but I just can't get them to drop often enough to sustain map runs. ):
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
Risoka wrote:
After reading many ranger builds, I have to say your build is the top 3 best build available now after patch especially in terms of price-performance ratio. It inspires my build too. Thanks. Keep up the good work. Cheers. ^^

You're too kind! I see you're level 93 as well. The grind really got to me ): I want to do maps but I just can't get them to drop often enough to sustain map runs. ):

You are being helpful to answer people's questions here. Ya hard to lvl after lvl 90. i spent little money on leveling though coz i hav no rush so i jst wait and join whenever there are free maps or cheaper maps. and i only start to lvl when i got 50% xp from lower lvl maps so wont feel tat much pain if die LOL. In this way, I enjoy farming more and before I notice, i already reach 50%, then start doing 78 maps till lvl. so sometimes u can find me in 69 maps but now 93 is enough for me coz I feel lazy to lvl up again. LOL thanks. ^^
"
Risoka wrote:
refund the chaos resistance skill point, 2 points there and put them to the hp instead since the chaos resist isnt much and waste 2 points there i think not quite worth it and increase the radius of aura, respec some there then u can get the 24% more hp. Just a suggestion though. ^^

People say the same thing to me and I just wanted to say that it's really a matter of personal preference. HP might work better for you, but for others, if you have enough HP, 8% really isn't as big a deal as utility (and it's really only 6% because of the travel point).
Hi can you comment on my gear? I'm a new player trying to build a decent ranger but i'm having problems. I have only played marauder so gearing is not that hard for me but I have no idea what should I focus on my ranger (evasion,es,global critical chance, multiplier). I only rely on Poexyz to find decent but cheap gears but yet my character feels weak and I know there's an awful lot wrong with my setup especially that I'm still low level. Thanks!

Spoiler
What's your level?

- The boots are not appropriate. Get some rare boots with life and resists, or blood dance.
- This bow has low damage. Try an upgrade here as well. Doomfletch is surprisingly good for its level requirement. It can do about twice the damage of death's harp if you have enough flat physical damage on gear (you have very few for the moment).
- You really lack life on your gear. Too many uniques ;).
- Quiver is good, it has all damage mods. You could keep it for a long time.
- Carnage Heart is not really the right amulet in a crit build. You ideally want some crit multiplier here. And losing life in an evasion build really hurts your survivability. It can be good in early leveling though.
- 4L your gloves and color in GGGR. Use either added fire or life leech in the added slot.
- PPAD might be better than Conc Effect for the moment, as you will have bigger AOE. And level your Conc Eff. btw ;)
- Link your aura to reduce mana, it will help your mana pool.
- Get some mana leech if you don't have mind drinker. But mana pots are also fine during leveling.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jun 29, 2014, 7:36:02 AM
Hi right now i'm level 35 at A3N. Still have a long way to go before I could use blood dance and since my character is too squishy atm I'm finding my character hard to play anymore so thanks for the advice!

So here's my to do list:
- Find boots w/ life+resists and maybe w/ mvt speed, upgrade bow, get life, add some sockets, replace carnage heart and conc gem atm, link hatred to reduced mana and lastly have mana leech/

Just have a few questions:
- I read on a marauder ground slam build that using life leech is best when your dps is about 1000 above, does that apply to being a ranger? I currently have 806 tooltip dps on my roa with FA,conc and LGOH. So at this point is it okay for me to use LL?
- Should I choose a chest armour with decent evasion rating with + max life and res over foxshade which adds damage and tons of evasion?
- And what's PPAD, physical projectile damage?
- What's more important, global crit chance or multiplier?
Last edited by Keiff on Jun 29, 2014, 8:34:31 AM
- Foxshade is good for you level, but you will definitely need an evasion chest with res and life later (for A3 cruel I'd say).
- LgoH is a must with split arrow and lightning arrow, not so sure with rain of arrow, especially when linked with conc effect which reduces the area. LL is probably better in this case.
- PPAD: yes, that's it.
- Crit chance comes first. You'll get multiplier from gear later. And don't focus on crit too early. It's not a concern before lvl 55-60.

Globally, your stuff is good for a lvl 35. You shouldn't have much problem.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
just a little variation:

using alpha's howl and taking Charisma (@lvl 92, changing little damage node and chaos res...) plus a lvl 20 reduced mana i'll be able to take another 60% aura (i'm thinking about haste....)

do you think it's a viable build?

Last edited by aldamaro on Jun 30, 2014, 9:41:03 AM
"
aldamaro wrote:
just a little variation:

using alpha's howl and taking Charisma (@lvl 92, changing little damage node and chaos res...) plus a lvl 20 reduced mana i'll be able to take another 60% aura (i'm thinking about haste....)

do you think it's a viable build?

Going the Alpha route is also a possible alternative for this build. You don't lose much in terms of Life and DPS, and you gain 1 extra Aura. Haste adds too little damage for what it costs to run it, and you're not actually doing more damage per hit.

Attacking faster also means using more Mana/Life depending on what your resource is, so better make sure you can sustain the skill upkeep :)
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info