Do you people read ebooks?

BTW ebooks changed my reading pattern.

I download all ebooks I want from the net illegaly and when I finish a certain book and I like it I get a paper version, a fancy one if possible. This enables me to buy and own only stuff I really like.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"

I download all ebooks I want from the net illegaly and when I finish a certain book and I like it I get a paper version, a fancy one if possible. This enables me to buy and own only stuff I really like.

Why not get into your local library/bookstore and test-read it there? :P
Sometimes they even have nice reading lounges.

I could never imagine reading a complete book without liking it and hence buying it anyway.
Cogito ergo scum.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4665 - German Corner (Join /global 4745)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508810/ - Forum Ignore Addon by ignarsoll
Last edited by Nightmare90 on February 12, 2014 2:13 PM
"

You should not pirate ebooks or other digital content. Im glad you actually buy the ones you like though.
Intellect is not a cure. Justice is dead. Fear, recrimination, innocence, sympathy, guilt, waste, failure, grief, were things, emotions, that no one really felt anymore.
Reflection is useless, the world is senseless. Evil is its only permanence.
"

I could never imagine reading a complete book without liking it and hence buying it anyway.

Not only are the books I like not available - even if, then they are translated to my native language and I read only in english these days. Also - if I dislike an ebook I don't finish it, I delete it, plain and simple. Going to the city, test read something in a bookstore is too much hassle and time consuming at a certain point in life although I did use to do that when I was twenty something.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

"
"

Not only are the books I like not available - even if, then they are translated to my native language and I read only in english these days. Also - if I dislike an ebook I don't finish it, I delete it, plain and simple. Going to the city, test read something in a bookstore is too much hassle and time consuming at a certain point in life although I did use to do that when I was twenty something.

I see. I'm in my "go to the bookstore and take a look around"-time, I think.

I also prefer to read literature in the original language, except it is something different than English, German or really basic Chinese. Then I will read the English version, normally. Luckily I am living in a pretty big city and it is normal for bookstores around here to have a selection of foreign language literature.

If I wouldn't have that choice, I'd probably use amazon to get new books
and send them back in the first couple of days if they suck major ass. :P

That all said, I dislike eBooks. I need my paper,
else I am too easily distracted by the electronic device I'd use.
Cogito ergo scum.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4665 - German Corner (Join /global 4745)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508810/ - Forum Ignore Addon by ignarsoll
Last edited by Nightmare90 on February 12, 2014 3:31 PM
"

Personal preferences I guess. I found that I started to read a lot more once I switched to ebooks. You never know when an hour of idling kicks in, be that at work, waiting for shit to be done in the DMV or whatever - I never carry a book on me, thingy I use for reading ebooks is always there.
It also seems to me that people disliking reading on tablets or any form of LCD really do fancy kindle, it looks like a framed paper page and does nothing else to distract you.

"
"

[...]
It also seems to me that people disliking reading on tablets or any form of LCD really do fancy kindle, it looks like a framed paper page and does nothing else to distract you.

Yeah, thought about getting a Kindle because of that.

Probably stay to books to have a nice show off in my living room. :P
Cogito ergo scum.

"

Probably stay to books to have a nice show off in my living room. :P

Precisely. No need to hide the meh-books anymore. Buy only hardcover elitist swag for our proud display once it passes the final ebook-test.

"
Elynole wrote:
I'll read a fictional novel as an e-Book, with my Kindle Fire. Though, most of my reading time falls into the non-fiction or technical manual category - in which I still prefer paper so I can write notes, highlight, bookmark, etc.

I too use a Kindle Fire (because I can have an app on it to also read Adobe stuff).
RNGesus knows the drop. RNGesus is the drop. RNGesus is the key and guardian of the drop.
Past, present, future, all are one in RNGesus. He knows where GGG broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info