[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

got same problem as soon as i window updated..

Just found a workaround until this script is fixed.

Edit the script and search for the following line:
ToolTip, %String%, X - 135, Y + 35

Place a semi-colon (;) at the start of this line to comment it then add the following line just below:

MsgBox %String%

Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the
thief, oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
ty for the tip :)
Still unable to get the Tooltip to properly display :(
"
RDM1221 wrote:
Still unable to get the Tooltip to properly display :(

I'm guessing you have the option to display at a fixed coordinate? If so, uncheck and it should work. I had the same issue. Not the best option IMO, but it works for now at least.
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
I had the same problem as above after my Windows update. However, A
after editing the script as someone wrote I could get it to show item info but the tooltip results is shown on desktop, not in poe as it was before. I can only fix it by changing to windowed mode in poe. Can I make it work in fullscreen somehow?
Have to wait for a fix I think. The above technically fixes it, but the functionality isn't nearly as nice as before.

Edit: change the line suggested above to: MsgBox, 4096,, %String% and that should make sure the box stays on top and not behind POE.
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
Last edited by Bahnzo on Jun 10, 2015, 6:01:44 PM
"
JackM wrote:
Just found a workaround until this script is fixed.

Edit the script and search for the following line:
ToolTip, %String%, X - 135, Y + 35

Place a semi-colon (;) at the start of this line to comment it then add the following line just below:

MsgBox %String%

Unfortunately this seems to only show the Ctrl+C data in a popup, and not the actual calculated DPS values and stuff.

Hopefully this can be fixed, game feels terrible without this script!
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Jun 10, 2015, 10:05:55 PM
"
sixtens wrote:

I can only fix it by changing to windowed mode in poe. Can I make it work in fullscreen somehow?

The original script only works in windowed mode (read Troubleshooting section in hazydoc original post) and my workaround does not change this.

"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Unfortunately this seems to only show the Ctrl+C data in a popup, and not the actual calculated DPS values and stuff.

Hopefully this can be fixed, game feels terrible without this script!

Unless you change something else in the original script, the message box shows exactly the same values than the tool tip (check the script settings by right-clickin on the AHK/Path of Exile Item Info 1.8.6 icon in Windows tray and select PoE Item Info Settings).
Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the
thief, oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
Last edited by JackM on Jun 11, 2015, 3:33:43 AM
"
JackM wrote:
Hi hazydoc,

Thanks for your very useful script.

However, I've found an issue with this script and one the latest Microsoft Windows 8.1 x64 update (KB3059317) from June 09 2015. This update when installed prevents your script's tooltip from being displayed correctly: either it does not appear or it just flashes briefly on the screen.

Maybe this issue is not with your script but with AutoHotkey (I'm using v. 1.1.22.02 U64).

Anyway, have you any idea to solve this problem?

Great work identifying the cause JackM.

The KB3059317 update is to address the following issue ( from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3059317 ):
"This security update resolves a vulnerability in Windows that could allow remote code execution if a user clicks a specially crafted link or a link to specially crafted content and then invokes F12 developer tools in Internet Explorer."

If you don't use IE or are not too concerned about the chance/risk of this vulnerability affecting you, removing the update from Windows resolves the issue. Edit: This update will come back if you automatically install all updates or don't tell Windows not to apply it.

If you are concerned, then I think you will have to wait for an update from AHK.
Last edited by Jalish on Jun 11, 2015, 7:12:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info