Friday Sept 16 NZT Site/Beta Outage - Now with Incident report

I'm glad we could crash the servers for you now, instead of later on down the road, when it really would have hurt business. Know what I mean? Like you said thats what beta testing is for. ;)

It did open my eyes to a glaring problem though. PoE needs a good fan site. I looked forever to find news about why the servers were down, and I came up completely empty handed, not just on the servers, but on any current PoE news. Twitter is good, but we need some community fan sites...
Dedicated CBT for PoE. (I genuinely care about the success of GGG and PoE.)
I also thought this. Though, I feel like the website and the game should be on different systems so we can still use the site when the game goes down, and can find out why. I realize it might not be possible at this point, want to minimize expenditures at this point, but it could really help (instead of everyone freaking out).

What could be done is just have the characters refer tot hat specific server, and when the servers go down, the character and item linking will not be available on the site.
Just got access, downloading currently.
I'd like to say it's really encouraging to see how dedicated you guys are to making a great game. Not only in the game itself but also in infrastructure as well.
Keep up the good work friends!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info