Updated 4/23/2014: High DPS, High Resists, Attack Speed, Frequent Criticals, and good Survivability

"
Shinuri wrote:
Made a few modifications to the skill tree.

Will edit this post later with an explanation if someone else doesn't first.

Spoiler
New Build
- Change of initial tree

Updated Build
- Updated ranger starting nodes
- Removed Accuracy (Lioneye's OP?)
- Added %life & %evasion nodes

Not much different from what I would have done had I actually used all my Skill Points.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
"
I have 166% increase to my Life. The most I see people invest (on a Ranger) is about 240%, at least. 240% minus 166% is only 74% extra Life I don't have. Given that I do keep my distance quite well vs. enemies, and given that I do manage my flasks quite well, is me not having that extra 74% Life really going to matter so much?
Those 74% mean almost half more life in the end. That's a LOT.
Just to give you an idea, my ranger was one shotted recently with 232%/4500 life.

Also, you'd be better with 3x8 projectile damage instead of 3x8 weapon elemental damage with weapon. Projectile damage increase both physical and elemental damages on projectile attacks.

Regarding Shinuri's tree: imho, King of the Hill cluster is terrible. The only use I can barely see for it is in a puncture/crit build.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Apr 22, 2014, 1:23:19 AM
Hello,

I'm new into PoE and I started playing a ranger. I don't know about how the game completely works, but I tried to optimize Shinuri's Updated build.

* I swapped the 3x8 elemental damage into 3x8 projectile damage
* I took out the 3 attack speed nodes near the start and invested them into Harrier (is that the Scion tree?), which gives the same amount + extra movespeed and castspeed.
* I don't know how good that King of the Hill passive is, but so far the mobs died pretty fast, so I took the points out of there and put them into Master Fletcher and nearby passives. That way I gained the same amount of Physical Dmg with Bows, while also gaining 15% inc. Crit Strike Multiplier and 20% Accu with Bows.

Somewhere along the way I gained 3 free points to spend elsewhere. Since I lost 4% atk. speed from the KotH tree, I can put some into more atk.speed, but I decided to put one point into Accuracy next to the first available attack speed passive, then take away all the 4%life/6%evason points at the start, and I put these points into the Scion line, into the Sentinel passive and +8% life passives.

That way, I gained the same amount of bonuses plus 24% inc.armor, +10% all elemental resistances and some extra Dexterity.

Changes Summary: (hopefully I didn't miss anything)
-4% atk speed
-30% arrow speed
-knockback on crit
-24% elemental dmg

+10% allres
+24% armor
+24% projectile dmg
+15% crit dmg multiplier
+6% move speed
+40% accuracy rating
+ like 50 Dexterity?

Link:

How does this look?
Last edited by Realpsojed on Apr 21, 2014, 6:51:01 PM
For 3 three points you can also get Haste which is even better than Harrier for our purpose, and then you can get 3 gorgeous life nodes and Mental Acuity. These 5 nodes are really really good. Next there is the Assassination cluster: 100 crit chance, 20 crit mul, and the upper part of the tree: Bloodthirst, Mind Drinker if needed, the 3x8 life nodes, the Written in Blood life cluster. That's where most optimized builds go.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Believe in my heavy optimized split arrow/frenzy build:

http://www.poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1DPIOSA-rEZYV8BnVGf4a2xsBHNwhdiP2JDwk_SaVJ6kwfDH6Mww2PTZ7OdQ6WD7PSTtJUUp9UUdVS1b6WkhabV76X-Fh4mKsZ6BrJG1sbXtv8nb3d9R3138rf8aGzocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv4_6lQWV6ZuNnaOdqqCfoSKhpKJApcunNKdcp9Sqf6q4r-uxMLSjtUi7473mxKLKqc3q1CPVANaK1p3cFeHb44TnVOd07g7v8PBC8Xb0-PlW-WP8q_zF_rr-yP_e

You won't be disappointed. Invasion viable.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info