Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Energy shield witch

Hi, i am fire and shield focused witch, i am at level 60 in 3rd merciless act, and i found myself getting absolutly owned by mobs with flicker strike or puncure, i just die to them instatly becouse i cant kite them around or puncture will just own me totaly, as i said i have shield focused gear so like 0 armor, do u think this can work? btw i have chaos inoculation and around 2300 shield
2300 shield ci you will p much get pwned

to defend against puncture, I'd suggest reading enemies and learning which have puncture -- make sure you have staunching flasks, and try not to run around while bleeding.
also, ev + ondar's will thwart most missile based punctures.

flickers aren't common,but can be a pain in the balls, so I'd suggest using some minions, as well as a flame totem with kb and blind on it.

barracks will probably also wreck you, and titty bitches will most likely destroy you.
you need to run auras, and need armor and/or ev, or ev turned to armor.

Last edited by EomMage on Feb 5, 2014, 10:28:01 PM
well i have aura but only for energy shield, and idk where to get armor other then from gear, and i cant get it from gear becouse i need energy shield and i dont have enough strength so.. i realy dunno what to do, i saw some armor builds without energy shield, but then i have to reroll character, and i kinda like ES
es is fine -- you need to take aura nodes and use grace with a red mana gem.
this should let you run 2 auras + clarity.

with grace up, you can either roll ev, or go way down there and get IR to turn ev into armor.

post your skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3pyvfsIIQQZYFQq6zLJxJG6-3h2WcLR8CVa5Eq4-mbRktH0yzUDDbXuvkXyp8znRVNsU22CqNl4XsVdgkpwgVUJ2uGmzkIrUEXcZG1-0g4XOLjClPgpvUfOdqeuZ9UxJpFxxxeew4OthN2J48gW-MdsHzoqN_xsHFLL_sGIauFdfXhlZj thats my talent tree i know it may be shity, this is my first character ever in this game, i play it for like 5 days, so yeah ^^ so u think i should just reroll ? and if yes what build do u recommend
I think you just did what everybody does -- take all damage nodes.
you got, like, 20 points in templar getting 5% dam nodes, and no scheme on defense.
also, you gotta gear for ci, so you'd better research that.
link your gear.

I'm not claiming to be any kind of model build, but here's what I did on my fire witch for a point of comparison

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwdjDkgRLxFQEZYSaRSwFxwZhhmKGo8fAiLqJDwnqSqNLJwwfDbFNtg6MDvhPV9I50lRSbJRR1JTVa5VxlYtVytYrlptW1lh4mvbbRlwu3F5c1N_K3_Gh9uIa42_j0aS85eFl5WX9Jmam6GbtZ2un7Sio6cIpyunXKx_rJi297vWwfPDOsNtykrPZdDQ1orYJN724vfjhOaB53To1usU62PsGOxV9tr31_sJ

Last edited by EomMage on Feb 5, 2014, 11:41:04 PM
i know, bad items didnt dropped better, only staff seems great

edit : yeah and one question, u have almost no damage nodes, isnt your damage low vs some mobs with fire resist etc. { even if u have curse }
Last edited by Paxpsychosis on Feb 5, 2014, 11:55:18 PM
you can't survive with that gear -- especially as ci.
not enough es, and you have no answer for status effects like stun, shock, freeze, etc.

you need better gear, more skills, more supports, and more links.

tbh, I hadn't played in a few months and during that time they apparently wiped our trees and gave us full respecs, so I have been rebuilding this guy a little differently, and am almost finished regearing, but not quite.
I want to try working in the flaming skulls and I subbed out fireball for incinerate.
the first I even played him since respec was tonight, and that was just tooling around merc barracks a bit.
seemed pretty effective --- fire trap was evaporating mobs, and minions were decent.

I do use flammability, but I'm sure curse and fire res mobs will be a pain in my ass -- hopefully, I can maybe lean on minions for that.

edit: also, supports like faster casting don't stack, and as firestorm is a bunch of little hits you would be better off with ignite on fireball.
Last edited by EomMage on Feb 6, 2014, 12:21:08 AM
So... i guess this character is pretty weak, so i should start a new one and going more for something defensive like armor or evasion ? and some minions maybe? i was just going straight for fire damage, but piety killing me on one arc.. thats just bad.. but i fear if i sacrifice the damage skills i wont be able to kill anything then, or i was thinking about making summoner witch but i have no idea what to go for, and if minions alone can kill anything on merciless, im just total nub at this game.. :-D
2300 ES is NOTHING. With ES like that, you will die a lot.

1) You need better gear asap. 200ES chest, 100ES helm isnt gonna cut it, especially since you're using a staff and no shield (but it's a very nice staff).

2) Are your elemental resistances at 75%? If not = you will die a lot.

3) It's a good idea to have flasks with remove bleeding, burning and dispel shock mods. Also as CI, I'd get granite flasks.

4) You've taken more than enough damage nodes, now all future ones need to go into defenses.

Quick idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY-aBc1PAVBFQu9Y74eL3pyvfsIIQQZYFQq6zLJxJG6-3h2WcLR8CVa5Eq4-mbRktH0yzUDDbXuvkXyp8znRVNsU22CqNl4XsVdgkpwgVUJ2uGmzkIrUEXcZG1-0g4XOLjClPgpvUfOdqeuZ9UxJpFxxxeew4OthN2J48gW-MdsHzoqN_xsHFLL_sGIauFdfXhlZjhX0WQGaecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3EuJPr7ij66rqESDyOAW9XyTQKN2YspqbrN4MRlnC72RMvb_rSFy9k51XWgKSQ1sNt
Last edited by toyotatundra on Feb 6, 2014, 4:46:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info