Another alpha preview

I know there are some of you who waiting for every scrap of information. Before I get to alpha, I read all alpha testers forum previews twice.
So i'm writing own alpha preview for people like me.

I get to alpha about two weeks ago. I was very supised by very oldschool feeling that POE has. Path of Exile was little different than I imagine, but I wasn't dissapointed. Dark mood, brutal feel, and lots of new solutions in gameplay and design, best games created 15-20 years ago was full of it. Many of us wondering if it was olny twisted childhood memory. POE proves that is not true, that is possible creating games with fresh ideas, addicting gameplay, and grim mood in XXI century.

I played many closed betas recently, but none was even close finished as POE alpha. All game need is minor fixes, some tweeks, and more content, because gameplay was mastered long before first people got into alpha.
When you first time run game you need some time to learn new systems, and gain new gameplay habbits, after that time you can't stop play.
I play about two weeks by now, and I play in every single moment of my free time. Even lack of quest in act II doesn't bother. You will love Act I mood. You will seek cold dungeons in Act II to take rest after hot jungle. Itemization is great. Items are precious not olny because have powerfull mods, but sometimes because has socket config that you need to use uor favorite skills. You know that next level will be harder than level before, and you need better equipment to survive, and that is the essence of good h'n's game. Diablo has it, POE have it too, but there was good h'n's games in history that forget about it and was too easy. If you are playing in hardcore league, you going up in ladder even when you not playing, beacause people die in hardcore all the time.

Action RPG will never be the same, after you play POE.
I'm not waitng for Diablo III so desperately any more, of course I will buy it when come out, but POE is real, and has brilliant gameplay.

https://www.artstation.com/pstaszkiewicz
What do you rate the alpha version from 1-10?
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org
Thanks for the read PeterKane. I think everyone who has posted a preview has stated that the gameplay is addicting! I cant wait to join you guys.

RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
Thanks for the read PeterKane. I think everyone who has posted a preview has stated that the gameplay is addicting! I cant wait to join you guys.

Same here 100%
Second in Command of PoE Clan - The Exiled
www.theexiledclan.org
"
Shark wrote:

If I had to review the game now as if it were a final product I would give it somewhere around a 6. The lack of significant portions of content and polish in some areas are the biggest problems.
Forum Sheriff
"
Shark wrote:

It is hard to judge, because there lot to do, but I would say that game already more playable than Titan Quest and Torchlight. Better balance, great mood, if game gets good story, and litle more polished some elements it has chance be better than Diablo II. All they need is to find a way to put in game stories like this: http://www.pathofexile.com/monsters/merveil
https://www.artstation.com/pstaszkiewicz
Thanks for the review! Can't wait to play it...
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
Shark wrote:

If I had to review the game now as if it were a final product I would give it somewhere around a 6. The lack of significant portions of content and polish in some areas are the biggest problems.

A 6 is pretty good for a game in alpha, obviously content will be added and the game will be more polished before it enters beta.
RIP Bolto
Thank you for your review!
Happy Days Abound.
Very nice review - getting my hopes up!!!

Thanks
WOOOOO_NESS_OF_DOOM!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info