Something wrong with resist towards Voidbearer?

"
Tanakeah wrote:
While I will admit that one could potentially (and this is really stretching it) associate the blue 'flame' with cold damage, why did you not attempt to try other resists to make sure it wasn't something else like...fire damage? Also, if you check the microtransaction shop you'll notice there's an alternate effect for the skill 'Incinerate', which is normally a red flame skill that is obviously fire damage. This microtransaction turns it into a 'ghostly blue flame', which looks pretty much exactly like the voidbearer's breath.

Also, if it was even the remote chance of being a cold-based attack, why didn't you notice that you weren't being chilled/frozen when getting hit by the attack? After all, cold damaging attacks have that property to them and even with your limited play time you should have encountered MANY instances of such cold attacks and had time to notice the effects. When you didn't see yourself getting chilled/frozen you should've gotten the hint that the blue flame was indeed not cold damage, but fire damage.

And also...not to be snarky but you DO know that fire can be blue, yes? Ever seen a Bunsen Burner calibrated with the proper gas-to-air ratio and notice that the flame is a bright blue? In this case...sadly...you have no one to blame but yourself for making a very bad assumption and then coming here and sadly, making yourself look the fool. The desync is certainly an issue, but at this point...really...you made a boo-boo and simply accept that you made a mistake, learn from it, and move on.
A properly calibrated bunsen burner's flame should be nearly invisible :P

With just a little blue.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
While I will admit that one could potentially (and this is really stretching it) associate the blue 'flame' with cold damage, why did you not attempt to try other resists to make sure it wasn't something else like...fire damage? Also, if you check the microtransaction shop you'll notice there's an alternate effect for the skill 'Incinerate', which is normally a red flame skill that is obviously fire damage. This microtransaction turns it into a 'ghostly blue flame', which looks pretty much exactly like the voidbearer's breath.

Also, if it was even the remote chance of being a cold-based attack, why didn't you notice that you weren't being chilled/frozen when getting hit by the attack? After all, cold damaging attacks have that property to them and even with your limited play time you should have encountered MANY instances of such cold attacks and had time to notice the effects. When you didn't see yourself getting chilled/frozen you should've gotten the hint that the blue flame was indeed not cold damage, but fire damage.

And also...not to be snarky but you DO know that fire can be blue, yes? Ever seen a Bunsen Burner calibrated with the proper gas-to-air ratio and notice that the flame is a bright blue? In this case...sadly...you have no one to blame but yourself for making a very bad assumption and then coming here and sadly, making yourself look the fool. The desync is certainly an issue, but at this point...really...you made a boo-boo and simply accept that you made a mistake, learn from it, and move on.
A properly calibrated bunsen burner's flame should be nearly invisible :P

With just a little blue.

Oh piss off, Auto...you know what I was getting at. :p
I know very well. But thread was killed by your concise explanation anyway. And I just like poking fun :P

That and I work in a lab.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Aragon100 wrote:
Met some voidbearers at docks and also some yellow ones.

My 75% cold resistance do nothing towards them and as a melee charater i feel they are way worse then just about any orange boss.

Feels very unbalanced.

They should check if there is a bug that make my resist not working or lower the damage.

Add desync problem to the equation and i felt like smashing my keyboard very often.

Simply put, voidbearers do quite a but of damage so if you're in melee range, even with capped resists, you have to always be leeching/regening. Especially if they have the additional projectile mod.
"
Autocthon wrote:
I know very well. But thread was killed by your concise explanation anyway. And I just like poking fun :P

That and I work in a lab.

Yeah, I tend to kill off threads now and then...I can't help it. :p
I still don't get why so many people say voidbearers are OP, they are a joke. Those nasty little wenches who spam lightning in Ebony Barracks are more dangerous to melee characters as they start spamming you off screen.
"
sfbistimg wrote:
I still don't get why so many people say voidbearers are OP, they are a joke. Those nasty little wenches who spam lightning in Ebony Barracks are more dangerous to melee characters as they start spamming you off screen.

I agree, but those fire dogs are deceptively easy. If you accidentally run into blues or rares with additional projectiles and extra damage or something of the sort, you might have a little heart attack when you see your health dropping fast. This isn't always the case, but of course in the right conditions those dogs hurt like hell. If you're in a multiproj map, it's already a bad start.
I appreciate that there are times when Voidbearers can pose a real threat to my characters. It gets the blood moving, and the adrenaline pumping. The trick is to remember that they can't move while they are doing the breath attack except to pivot and that the attack has both a max duration and a cooldown.

If you can't confidently "alpha strike" them down then just slow it up a bit and beat them by abusing their mechanics.

If you can work Arctic Armor in with max fire resists, well, then you will wonder what these "voidbearers" are that people complain about.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Ever seen a Bunsen Burner calibrated with the proper gas-to-air ratio and notice that the flame is a bright blue?

That should be changed as well then. It's very unintuitive.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Ever seen a Bunsen Burner calibrated with the proper gas-to-air ratio and notice that the flame is a bright blue?

That should be changed as well then. It's very unintuitive.

We're talking changing physics and how nature works here. That's tough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info