Points Sale News Update and Returning Daily Deals

"
cronus wrote:
"
IceDread wrote:
Implement an auction house and I'll invest in your game.

whats your suggestion to equalize the efforts of people actually playing the game and people just flipping items on the market? at the moment most traders gathered ingame currency in an amount which gives other players the impression, just playing the game doesn't lead to success.
please notice if you increase quality item drops you double increase the income of traders.

if you decrease item drops you lower the gaming experience of those people who hate trading and auctions and prefer to play self found. and there is a whole buch of people not willing to trade.

the easiest solution really is to make trading nearly as difficult as finding items ingame. but i'm interested if you come up with something better.

Get over yourself, there are several games that has trading where it works and those games has been on for a long time.

Alternatively it could be done like I've heard elder scrolls online are going to do it, you can as an individual trade with a guild that has set up a shop/ ah.

As it is now in poe, it's just spam spam spam and perhaps you like this but I can guarantee that most people does not enjoy that.
Last edited by IceDread on Feb 5, 2014, 6:09:25 AM
I am a bit confused with the whole "stacking" part.

Someone could buy the discounted points TODAY, and use them on some daily deal 6 months down the line, and the "stacking" still applies anyway - so not sure who any daily deals in the next days differ from a daily deal 6 months down the line?

Or am I missing something here?
"
MildlyClever wrote:
I am a bit confused with the whole "stacking" part.

Someone could buy the discounted points TODAY, and use them on some daily deal 6 months down the line, and the "stacking" still applies anyway - so not sure who any daily deals in the next days differ from a daily deal 6 months down the line?

Or am I missing something here?

The difference is just the discount available on a particular day.

With the discounted points, and a discounted item, people can get a "double" discount immediately. This is something they have been careful to never do in the past, as far as I know.
thanks GGG you are awesome.. you guys hear ours speculation =), and answer

Who is the character in the art on the Amazon page?
The Duelist.

long live to GGG
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Please tell me that the European amazons will have the 15% off too, for the rest of the week.
I always have points amass, through my supporter packs, but once I read that I can gift points to friends I really want to buy points there.
"
IceDread wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
"
IceDread wrote:

whats your suggestion to equalize the efforts of people actually playing the game and people just flipping items on the market? at the moment most traders gathered ingame currency in an amount which gives other players the impression, just playing the game doesn't lead to success.
please notice if you increase quality item drops you double increase the income of traders.

if you decrease item drops you lower the gaming experience of those people who hate trading and auctions and prefer to play self found. and there is a whole buch of people not willing to trade.

the easiest solution really is to make trading nearly as difficult as finding items ingame. but i'm interested if you come up with something better.

Get over yourself, there are several games that has trading where it works and those games has been on for a long time.

Alternatively it could be done like I've heard elder scrolls online are going to do it, you can as an individual trade with a guild that has set up a shop/ ah.

As it is now in poe, it's just spam spam spam and perhaps you like this but I can guarantee that most people does not enjoy that.

Yes Trade chat is way 2 full of spam, i agree on that.
But there are several ways of trading in PoE:

1: Whenerver I want to sell currency wich is mostly fused 4 ex. I check the notice board if there is anyone bying and offering a good deal (like 1 ex for 37).

2: If I can´t find anyehing I just keep farming and take a look later on, only then if there still isn´t any notice I go to trade chat and start moving up with my offer form 38+.
I ususally end up sellign for 40.

3: If I look for Items I go to poe.xyz and look there for a nice buyout deal and since its no urgent thing I can wait some time for them to write me back on my offer.
Effektively sides like poe.xyz and forums are the Ah of poe, esp the first one since you can search for item properties directly.

D3´s econy crashed only after the first month or so, hyperinflating and deflating at the same time (gold inflation, item inflation wich ie eff. a deflation).
Gold inflation was because of the huge mass of botters and item inflation was because of the shrinking playerbase, botters and dupes aswell.
Not onl that mut there was absolutely no use for the gold other than trading wich cause it to stockpile since there was no item sink either.
Poe does have a currency sink wich varries in its effektiveness but is much more effektive then D3´s, so adding an Ah might not prove fatal to the game like it was with D3.

Quite a few peop0le were dissapointed with D3 and moved to PoE, many if not most of them blame the Ah wich took all the grinding fun out of the game.
Fakt is: You don´t grind gear in D3, you grind gold leaving 90% if even the rare items on the ground since you allready know that the prob. of them being worth even just 1m gold is so low it does not even justify the time you need to pick it up or even go to town to scrap it.
Most experienced players I played with only picked up Gold/ Amulets / rings and uniques.
I never ever even found a single Item I used direcly for my main char even after hundrets of hours of endgame farming and I picked up all the trash rares on the ground.
Anyway to make it short: In D3 most of you gear came form the Ah, later on you craftet some aswell wich also took hundrets of millions (no exageration) and you got the gold form the Ah for that aswell.
I had horrible drop luck compared to most of my friends still most of my gold came from the Ah, rather then from farmin/selling to npc´s.
In PoE all my gear, exept for my chest comes wa found by myself and that does feel a hell lot more sattisfying, ofc I could play SF in D3 but ignoring an implemented feature where they sell weapons with 10x the dps of the best one I ever found for a couple thousand is also bullshit imo.
I like to trade for some items I haven´t had the luck of finding, its part of the game genre after all, BUT I HATE TO GO SHOPPING EVERY SINGLE SLOT! Wich si essentially how you gear up in D3.

Like it or not, many many people dissaprove of a Ah in PoE, and while they may be right doesn´t matter if its justified or not, the point is GGG would displease a very large portion of their playerbase by implementing one, thats it.
And thats why we will never get to see one.

On a nother node: I would like to see another ingame alternative to trade chat since it fell prey to endless spam...
Just got into the game last week, having a stash bundle sale would be awesome!
"
IceDread wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
"
IceDread wrote:

thanks for the hint with elder scrolls online, i'm very excited how their plan with guild stores will work out in the long run and how they want to fight rmt trading. but my inner voice tells me that restricting crafting and trading on guilds is enforcing rmt, except they kill any other form of item transfer.
but decentralized trading is a good idea that ggg is about to exactly implement with public stash tabs.
and i never said i like the current methods of trading and deal making. ggg shouldn't be reliant on external websites for people to find or sell their gear. there only should be some timeout before a deal can be finished.

"
poe_Chaika wrote:
Just got into the game last week, having a stash bundle sale would be awesome!

just like everybody else you have to wait some weeks until you can show your appreciation of ggg's great work by making a deal which gets you the most out of your pennies.
pun intended.
"
When can people from outside the United States buy points from Amazon?
We're filling out paperwork today to unlock other countries that Amazon supports. This includes a lot of Western Europe. Try again in a couple of days!

Can you extend the promotion? Do you plan to repeat it again soon?
No, sorry. It's for this week only. We're not able to repeat it again in the near future. We're trying to think up new and fun offers for later in the year. These will be the exception rather than the rule.

Can you at least extend it so we have a day or 2-3 to take advantage of it in Europe?
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info