Desecrate

Gem is good, though tooltip reflects NOTHING. Neither corpse levels, nor chaos dps! This MUST be fixed asap.

BTW. What exactly is corpse level vs gem level progression? How high exactly lvl of corpses can be above lvl of the area?
Last edited by Lichalfred on Feb 9, 2014, 4:14:34 PM
It would help a lot to know the level of the corpses compared to the level of the area it is being used in.

Currently the only possible method to know just about what level the corpses from Desecrate are is by the use of Detonate Dead. See how much damage you deal to the enemies in each zone to roughly determine what level they are.
This skill bound with CWDT and devouring totem works extremely well.

Love this interaction for nemesis, as I can go afk in small groups of mobs and regen easily, and leech back health and mana for my MoM when I am face tanking big groups with my coc set up.
i wonder if a maxed out desecrete (empower and +1 to gem item with a lvl 20 deserrate gives lvl 76, or it should as mark said that it could create corpses up to lvl 76) will give lvl 76 corpses even in lunaris or whatever. (would the specter scale up to lvl 76 areas or would remain at lvl 6x?)
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
Nope, area level still prevents it from making too high lvl corpses.
Nice to be back Exiles.

I'm here to mention a new Build that I have finally found a great name for.

I call this build: The "Valley of Death"

Cyclone/Other AoE skill + CoC/CoMK + Desecrate + detonate dead with the combination of Oro's Sacrifice and Avatar of Fire.

Now I've heard alot about AoF and I'm guessing not a lot of people understand how it works so the only post I understood about it was the one that explained how it does "convert" the types of damages such as physical and other elemental ones into JUST FIRE damage making you deal massive amounts of fire dps.

With Oro's Sacrifice this should be fine and Detonate dead already does Physical & Fire damage as an AoE top that with burning and the Chaos damage of DoT and you've got yourself one dangerously painful build.

--- Only issues ---

Mostly Six link only means it's very expensive.

Lacks the ROOM in sockets for support gems.

Even though this build would have some issues, I believe that there should be a way to incorporate both detonate dead & Desecrate together without having the issues of running out of sockets, but if we could try using maybe an "Casting Aura" instead of "cast on Gems" we could negate this issue of having to socket cast on gems and just put the aura in a separate armor piece.

(---IF anyone else knows a better way of how to make the Valley of Death build REAL please let me know because having 4 sockets JUST to be able to detonate while killing and use desecrate is very abysmal when all ANYONE can have is 6 Links.---)

Any Thoughts?

___Extra Info___

*Create "Cast On" Aura's that are similar to Cast on Gems.

*This build helps decrease De-sync by using this as an alternative to Discharge.

*Avatar of Fire could be rebuilt to change the Chaos damage from Desecrate, when cast from other skills along with detonate dead, to make the Chaos damage as FIRE damage over time.
(ONLY OPTIONAL NO REAL NEED, but fun none the less.)

*Cast on Aura's should help increase a small percentage of mana/health along with a moderate percentage range of how the gems are casted and which skill gems would be casted.

*Could use a Cast on Aura to cast only the spells such as dexterity ones like Detonate Dead & Desecrate when you Crit or Kill and enemy FROM your chest armor.

*Each Cast on Aura would be specifically designed to cast only those types of gems/skills within a certain armor piece and given moderate attributes to help with balance.

For Example: A dexterity spell based aura could be placed in a helmet with only one or more sockets so you can still use support gems, along with that the dexterity cast on aura will only cast dexterity (green) Spells that are on your armor.

The Strength cast on aura would only be able to use strength based skills to be cast on kill From your skills that are socketed in your weapon/s.

And you already know where I'd be going with this for the (Blue) Intellect one.

------Please note everything here is NOT perfect at all and should be speculated on with much more knowledge from everyone with help to fixing or adding in better ways to reduce how many sockets larger gem based builds need.----------

Well no replies so far proves that either no one cares about the intriguing build

OR

That no one has ever tried to CAST ON CRIT / Cast on KILL the skills both Detonate Dead & Desecrate.

It's fun I'm NOT kidding! Helps kill unique mobs like NO OTHER.

All this needs to be is a build now, but I'm guessing there's no one around that seems to like it or care about it enough.
That, or you waited for a whopping thirty minutes and expected a meaningful response.
"
SiRnonymous wrote:
Well no replies so far proves that either no one cares about the intriguing build

OR

That no one has ever tried to CAST ON CRIT / Cast on KILL the skills both Detonate Dead & Desecrate.

It's fun I'm NOT kidding! Helps kill unique mobs like NO OTHER.

All this needs to be is a build now, but I'm guessing there's no one around that seems to like it or care about it enough.
i believe its hard to be impressed when (with enough) people think of this stuff the moment related items/skills get released from patch notes. the only thing i see different is the use of oro's. cast on crit has been used for a lot of multi-casting builds. i prefer oro's increased burning chance as that's what makes it unique to me to use for casting builds to use less sockets. making detonate dead ignite is a way to "one shot" kill mobs with only medium assistance instead of heavy investment.

desecrate enables deonate dead to be used without setup, which alone is what makes builds now.
@SirNonimus

I'd like the build were it not for thinking other AOE spells linked to CoC/CoMK more useful.

CoMK + Detonate Dead linked together seems redundant because there's already a corpse so why create a few more when DD only happens once per kill?

CoC + DD + Desecrate: I'd rather use CoC + EK + EK because you know, both EKs do direct damage.

You see, I'd rather make a dedicated Detonate Dead build using Desecrate than to experiment with another build that requires a lot of things combined i.e high crit, 6L etc.

Avatar of Fire: Since Detonate Dead does mostly fire damage this passive is unnecessary for the skill.
Last edited by NorbTheOne on Feb 11, 2014, 2:04:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info