*Still Unresolved* Issue With Molten Shell (Possibly Other Buffs) Priorities

If I cast a lower-level Molten shell while I have a higher level activated then the higher-level gets removed and the lower level gets cast. Is this intended?

I.E.:
I want to use to cast on damage taken one lower-level and one higher level. Both have Molten shell's (higher and lower level accordingly) linked to them, on seperate pieces if armor if that helps.

I'm hoping that the lower level is cast constantly unless the higher is currently activated.

I. Assumed that the higher level(power) would always override the lower, but In this case the buff that stays is the last buff that was cast, whether it was weaker then the current buff or not.

The issue could be how you prioritize the buffs, if it is by duration, then lower molten shell will always win because it gets cast with a new 10 seconds, while the higher level is down to 5 seconds for example. Is there any plan to fix this? Or is it working as intended? Because others I have asked In-game were surprised to find out it didn't work the way I explained, and all suggested I post on here.

Keep me posted! :)

Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Last edited by levy42088 on Feb 4, 2014, 2:44:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
levy42088 wrote:
If I cast a lower-level Molten shell while I have a higher level activated then the higher-level gets removed and the lower level gets cast. Is this intended?
Yes. You can't ever have multiple molten shells at the same time, so casting any molten shell has to clear any existing ones.
Thanks for the quick response, but I don't think you grasped my question.

I only want a MaX of 1 being active at a time. But I was hoping the the game wouldn't let a lower level molten shell knock off the higher level, cause thats just silly.

It should just not cast.. or say "a more powerful spell is already active"

I should not be able to use a weaker spell to knock off a stronger one.

Lets say were talking about curses, I have a level 1 warlords mark and a level 14 warlords mark. If I cast the level 14 warlords mark on a group of enemies, then cast the level 1, The level 14 should still be active because it is a stronger spell and the level 1 just shouldn't be casted. Maybe by a messege like i said "A more powerful spell is already active".

It works this way with auras, so why not with timed buffs. Obviously If 2 People had Grace aura active, one is a level 1 and one a level 20, the player with the level 1 aura will gain the level 20's effects, NOT retain the level 1.
Standard League
Last edited by levy42088 on Feb 4, 2014, 9:30:50 AM
bumping this, does my question make sense now mark?
Standard League
noone? :(
Standard League
It's fine.
Works the way it should. If you don't want the lower level Molten Shell to cancel your existing higher level one, don't cast a lower level Molten Shell while the higher one is active.
Specifically, even if this were implemented, it is very unlikely that it would prevent the problem you are having. Willing to bet your issue is that you are hard-casting a good Molten Shell and then having CWDT cast a low level one. Seeing as the fresh Molten Shell has a different set of supports than the existing spell, I'd want it to cast in all cases, even if it is "weaker" there may be something in its supports that is the real reason I'm casting it.
Or maybe it has higher quality.
Or maybe I just want to refresh the duration on the armor buff and don't care that I'm trying to go from my L19 MS to my L18.
"
Avvatar wrote:
It's fine.
Works the way it should. If you don't want the lower level Molten Shell to cancel your existing higher level one, don't cast a lower level Molten Shell while the higher one is active.
Pretty much this. Casting a molten shell is indicating that you want that shell on you. There are plenty of cases where this is desirable even with a lower level skill - depending on the enemies you're fighting, you might prefer it go off more often, or use one with different supports. It would not be reasonable to remove the ability to actually cast the one you want, when you want it, so that people can use triggers without concern for when they'll go off.
Spells happening when you might not want them to is an inherent drawback of trigger gems, and needs to be planned around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info