1.0.6b Patch Notes

"
s010910 wrote:
I honestly don't understand all the complaints.

Is it really that difficult to level a gem to get added bonus. As it stood, you got the same bonus from a level 20 gem as you did from a level 1 gem (as far as Corpse level is concerned).

Now, we get rewarded for leveling our gems, as the game should be.

And just as a side note, you can increase the level of the gem with Empower and this will increase the Corpse level.

this is bad, if you map with a Corpse Explosion build that is based around this skill.
i cant map anymore with this char (or anything else) after buying 20% trap 20% Corpse Explosion...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
"
SkyCore wrote:
But the issue isnt that levels increase the level corpses. Its that there is a 'maximum' level of the corpses. Hard capped at 68 once the desecrate reaches level 20.

You can create corpses up to a maximum of level 76 using desecrate.

Did you mean Descreate + Empower?

If so how about being more informative next time.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
I really hate the changes to Desecrate. Problem is... i leveled a desecrate to lvl 16 and bought a new one with quality for the cast speed. Then i stopped leveling the old one to use the quality one.

The corpse limit wasnt in the tool tip of the gem (and as i heard it still isn't) So i could not be a bug or some wrong code that didnt work properly. Disguising this as "now works as intended" is stupid. The gem generated corpses at the zone level and scaled chaos damage per lvl. Why in the earth would i think "wait.. maybe corpses should work differently. Maybe chaos damage should be fix and not scale... Maybe the skill would do something completly different like shooting a fireball or something"

I can only trust the tooltips in the description and testing the gem out itself.

So this means

A) The gem wasnt tested at all (figuring out the lvl of corpses should be easy for the test team) And even the skill the description is wrong/lacking.

B) Its a nerf and not a bug fix, but they dont have the courage to tell us.

Both things are bad!!!!

Even if it is a bug - this change should have been anounced 1 to 2 weeks before a patch so people have time to level the gem until the change is made.

What should i do this evening with my DD Templar i invested all my currency in the last days?
Farm lvl 10 zones to lvl desecrate?

How about i dont read every line of the patch note... run into a lvl 78 Map and die because my DD doesnt give me any life leef suddenly?

You cannot make such a drastic change without severly warning people and making sure you announce it EARLY.

Piiz

EDIT: WAY better way to progress the level of the corpses is:

Give it 5 Levels per Gem level.

so LVL 1 Desecrate: creates up to lvl 5 corpses (but still zone lvl)
LVl 2 Desecrate: creates up to lvl 10
LVL 20 up to lvl 100 corpses (game will get new acts and new lvl zones higher maps etc with time)

Way better and clearer design than basing it around an obscure value like the lvl requierement of the gem (instead of the gem lvl itself). After all..... its intended bug fix to give incentive to lvl up the gem and not a nerf.... ISN'T IT???
Last edited by Nykx on Feb 4, 2014, 12:34:31 PM
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
"
"
SkyCore wrote:
But the issue isnt that levels increase the level corpses. Its that there is a 'maximum' level of the corpses. Hard capped at 68 once the desecrate reaches level 20.

You can create corpses up to a maximum of level 76 using desecrate.

Did you mean Descreate + Empower?

If so how about being more informative next time.

Yeah, I don't get this rockstar attitude... Explain stuff already!

You see hundreds of ppl posting doubts, and a lucid and informative post is all we ask for, but all we get is this tiny sentence, clearly intended to perpetuate this discussion.
It used to feel so good to spend money on your game, since GGG employees were usually pretty aware that a good attitude and proximity to costumers is of utter importance.
We all have jobs and have to deal with pleasing costumers/patients (often ppl we don't like), it's part of being responsible and an adult.

You are not different!
Last edited by KlaatuZu on Feb 4, 2014, 1:01:29 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.6b
  • Fixed a bug where corpses created by Desecrate weren't limited by the level requirement of the gem.

Oh well it was nice for as long as it lasted.

It really needs to explain in the description, I just assumed it was working as intended. Doubt I'll be using it anymore.

Back to 5 mins before I start playing running around solaris...

Edit: If someone could clarify something that would be appreciated.

If I have a level 20 desecrate gem and a raise corpses in, for example Solaris a3m, will they match the level of mobs in the area (62) or the maximum possible from the gem (68 as someone said previously).

If it's the former then all the gem achieves for summoners is saving a few minutes of prep work before you start farming. If it's the latter then maybe it's worth leveling

Last edited by A35hm4 on Feb 4, 2014, 3:00:38 PM
I was thinking of a adjustment that could be made to the gem that would require you to level it to get better corpses but would scale well for everything, what i came up with is

Corpse level = (gem lv required+character lv)/2 Max Area level

with this you can't just snag a level one gem and run with it but a level 80 character could get level 70 corpses with a lv 16 gem. Making level 74 corpses doable either at level 80 with a 20 gem or 88 with a 16 gem (or +1/-2 gem/character levels for any point in between)
Last edited by nath3890 on Feb 4, 2014, 3:52:08 PM
"
A35hm4 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 1.0.6b
  • Fixed a bug where corpses created by Desecrate weren't limited by the level requirement of the gem.

Oh well it was nice for as long as it lasted.

It really needs to explain in the description, I just assumed it was working as intended. Doubt I'll be using it anymore.

Back to 5 mins before I start playing running around solaris...

Edit: If someone could clarify something that would be appreciated.

If I have a level 20 desecrate gem and a raise corpses in, for example Solaris a3m, will they match the level of mobs in the area (62) or the maximum possible from the gem (68 as someone said previously).

If it's the former then all the gem achieves for summoners is saving a few minutes of prep work before you start farming. If it's the latter then maybe it's worth leveling

The corpses will be level 68. When raised using the Raise Spectre gem, they will be level 68, but will be downscaled to match the level of the map if its a lower level (level 62 in your given scenario) but will be restored in levels (up to level 68) when taken to higher level maps.
Mytharia - Summoner (Ambush)
Mythriadne - EK Scion
Myriadne - Summoner

"
mythrin wrote:
"
A35hm4 wrote:

The corpses will be level 68. When raised using the Raise Spectre gem, they will be level 68, but will be downscaled to match the level of the map if its a lower level (level 62 in your given scenario) but will be restored in levels (up to level 68) when taken to higher level maps.

Ok thanks for the reply, if that's the case then leveling a copy might not be completely pointless.

I raise spectres from Solaris so looking at the wiki I'd need to get it to level 17 before the corpses match the area. Not too time consuming and everything after that is a bonus.

Still not sure I'll bother though, maybe if I have a spare slot in my secondary weapon slot at some point.
Great, this desecrate nerf is gonna force me back to killing evangelists to raise as spectres again. I wish it was back to the way it was earlier, this 'fix' just makes summoning slightly inconvenient again when starting up.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I've got a question, if corpses are now based on gem level. Could I go to say Lunaris in normal and summon lvl 68 burning miscreations with a lvl 20 gem?

Or is it still governed by the level of the area as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info