[1.0.6] ★ The Chaos-Trapper ★ (Poison Arrow-Trap / EB / IR / MoM / >10k aoe dps)

I use firetrap for additional damage during bossfights or beasty championpacks/rares. With all trap and damage over time nodes, the burning debuff from firetrap does alot of additional damage.

To change slower projectiles with chain is a good idea. I just tried it and if you´r fighting against large groups or ranged monsters, it works better. So you will loose some damage but increase your aoe radius. The problem is that I have to level a frok gem first to compare the damage :)

I think its the best way to go down from the range side and get all life nodes and trap damage nodes firts. I will add the levelprogression tress and tomorrow, I promise :)

Last edited by Norec on Feb 21, 2014, 5:21:20 PM
@Norec I am trying this build out. but i am not understand what skills your using. could you be so kind and list what skills one should use? (I am very noob with this game)
I use 3 different traps and 1 curse.

Poison Arrow + Empower + Slower projectile + Concentraded Effect + Increased Area of Effect
+ Trap
The main source of damage. In a 5l Bow you should get rid of the Slower projectile gem.

Cold Snap + Elemental proliferation + Multitrap + Reduced Duration (preferred in Deerstalker ; provides lvl 11 trap gem).
This is the best form of crowd control you can use.

Firetrap + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Increased Burning Damage (+ Fire penetration if you got a 5l Carcass).
Adds a nice amount of damage

Vurneability + increased area of effect + faster casting
best choice of curse

Last edited by Norec on Mar 3, 2014, 4:02:38 AM
May I link your thread in my Chaos Ranger build for epeps to check the real nice basics you have about Poison Arrow?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
The new Unique quiver and amethyst flask fit perfectly into this build.
I want to do a build similar to this, but I find a lot of bow builds there's not enough mitigation, even with IR and MoM. Since Evasion and those awful "trade damage reduction for RNG" dodge nodes are pretty sketchy in the challenge leagues we're not really 100% mitigating any damage, just mitigating some of damage every hit recieved, which is not such a big issue if you manually dodge AOE, and have good CC.
However, I usually exclusively play in groups of 2-4 people, and with so much stuff going on, being hit by enemy AOE spells is a bit of a concern amongst the chaos of my friend's spells, AOE, minions, etc. With some of the invasion bosses that have forking/exploding projectiles and many other scary attacks/spells it's like playing one of those top down Shoot 'em up arcade games. (I'm awful at those games)

If finding an adequate amulet, and quiver is an issue, you think taking a few extra health nodes, and then using Rearguard, Stone of Lazhwar and Rainbowstride would be viable for dealing with some spell damage? Assuming my math is correct, with the lowest block chance rolls on Rearguard we'd have 20% chance to block attacks, 12% for spells, with the lowest 'block chance applied to spells' on Rainbowstrides which is 20% + 50% from Stone of Lazhwar we'd have 70% of 20, and added to our spell block for a total of 26% spell block chance. So at lowest values on the uniques we're looking at roughly 1 out of 4 spells completely mitigated. Which would be nice for a situation where my friends decide to tank those LMP + forking Goatdemon fireballs and send like 3-9 fireballs in my direction.
At max values on all 3 uniques, we'd have 24% chance to block, with a total of 33% spell block.

The rainbow strides are probably not really necessary since 20-25% on a low block chance is not really worthwhile, but it does add a lot of ES/mana, move speed, and all res. So picking up a low roll one might be worth it? I dunno.

EDIT: Also, Rearguard has 15-20% increased projectile damage, which should add some damage to poison arrow's chaos DoT.
Last edited by Chthonian on Mar 17, 2014, 11:17:23 PM
Well poison arrow got buffed :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info