Low-life RF Generic Build - Best fun you can have - a must read

Hi, all!

this is me

Spoiler

if you see me sometime, say hi :)

I've been playing on Domination league with the following build for a long time, time for me to share how I do it, since you keep asking!

if you do not know RF mechanics, and you want to understand why so few play it as low life,

i suggest you read this:

Spoiler
RF does alot of fire damage as deregenaration, if you want it as low life built, you'll need as much as you can ES, and as low as you can life. you'll need the zealot's oath node, all the life regenaration nodes that you can get (at least 4%), you need to run vitality lvl 20 with all 91% auras effect and the life regenaration nodes i took to get to 7.4% per sec (see the tree in the folowing), you'll need purity of fire lvl 23+, and you'll need the rise of the phoenix shield, for a total of 94% fire resistance. allso, you'll need life/ES ratio to be 1:4 to run RF + blood rage and 20% chaos resistance to suffer no damage while running RF + blood rage. note that when you culculate the damage that you are taking from RF, the inner force nodes effect bouth the damage you deal to enemies and the damage you do to yoursalf, and you must take it, so take it under consideration

A few things you need to know before starting:

1. You can't level as this build! After you reach at least level 88, you need to change it to this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEEswdjDH0OSA-rEH8RLREvEVARlha_Fy8ZihqPHRQdqiSLJLAn7Sj6LJwtgy9vO-E9D0ZxRwZN2FM1VdZXK1nzXIpc9F76X2ph4mTnZp5n4mh0bRltbG-ecFJwu3DVe9d8g3y7f8aApIFvgseDCYbRh9uMdo6-j0aP-pLBlKCXBpmam7Wdo548oqOmPqcIpyusqrb3uJO71rvjwBrAUcHzwzrEosT2xp7KSs362RPaYtvn37DhiOL344Tmged062Pr7vPd8-r22vfB-ej60vsJ_Kv-ug==

2. You'll need a lot of currency to get a few minor items...

And that is not including 20/20 must-have gems (RF, Purity of Fire, Wrath, Anger, Power Charge on Crit, Added Lightning, Critical Damage, Blood Rage, Life Leech, Mana Leech {for spellcaster mode}, and all 11 auras lvl 20 {quality is up to you} to try all mods, also Empower lvl 2 (preferably 3, for some weapons you might want to use), you also need 2 X CwDT, and some more gems (I'll explain later).

3. Your weapons must have +2 Fire Gems or +1 All Gems (you can use +1 Fire Gems if you have Empower lvl 3) and it must be R/R/R with Empower, Purity of Fire, Reduced Mana

I use these for all my mods:

- for ST (both COC and attacks mods)- I get to 48K DPS tooltip
see screenshot....
Spoiler

- for Wander attacks (can also be COC) - I get to 79K DPS tooltip on Wander mode (36K on Chain mode), with mana leech and life leech gem.....
see screenshot...
Spoiler

- for Flicker Strike and Cyclone (note that you'll need mana pull mode for cyclone) I get to 81K cyclone DPS tooltip and 8.5K per hit with flicker striker with life leech and 13.5 with WED, i can play with no life leech gem, but safer with :) (15.63 attacks per sec), and for Flicker Srike and Cyclone COC
see screenshots....
Spoiler

- for Spellcaster (note that for this mode the Crown of Eyes is not needed) I get to 10K tooltip with FP
i can't link pictures becouse i need to recolor my items, but you can take my word for it...

All DPS are not including Shock and Curses, and the 14K Fire DPS of RF itself (that is more effective allso by shock and curses...),

and ofc... all self buffed :)

4. This build is very cheesy and uses some cheesy snap-shotting, and starting a map will take you 8 sec to buff up with practice, more at first.

The skill tree for all mods (not spell caster) is this (note that i took +1 power charge on bendits reward):
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEEswdjDH0OSA-rEH8RLREvEVARlha_Fy8ZihqPHRQdqiSLJLAn7Sj6LJwtgy9vO-E9D0ZxRwZN2FM1VdZXK1nzXIpc9F76X2ph4mTnZp5n4mh0bRltbG-ecFJwu3vXfIN8u3_GgKSBb4LHgwmG0YfbjHaOvo9Gj_qSwZSglwaZmpu1naOePKKjpj6nCKcrrKq297iTu9a748AawFHB88M6xKLE9saeykrN-tkT2mLb59-w4Yji9-OE5oHndOtj6-7z3fPq9tr3wfno-tL7Cfyr_rpjQ7VIpzQ=

for a Spellcaster it is this:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEEswdjDH0OSA-rEH8RLREvEVARlha_Fy8ZihqPHRQdqiSLJLAn7Sj6LJwtgy9vO-E9D0ZxRwZN2FM1VdZXK1nzXIpc9F76X2ph4mTnZp5n4mh0bRltbG-ecFJwu3DVe9d8g3y7f8aApIFvgseDCYbRh9uMdo6-j0aP-pLBlKCXBpmam7Wdo548oqOmPqcIpyusqrb3uJO71rvjwBrB88M6xKLE9saeykrN-tkT2mLb59-w4Yji9-aB53TrY-vu893z6vba98H56PrS-wn8q_66XfKiLi-dFvMmPA==

So you can change mods if you like for 5 regrets only each way.

OFC you'll need the rest of the gear to make your build with max res, I use:
Spoiler

for all built but spell casting, and
in spellcaster mode (i use FP)

allso, i use this ammy for DPS

When you start, you'll need to be with your Blood Magic helmet (buff up one time all life auras before starting a map, you can use 3 60% auras and Vitatily aura that is a must).

Your build will be with high resistances (94/84/84/Chaos depends on your gear, I get to 75 without the flask) if you run spellcaster mode (clarity, grace, haste, vitality, discipline, and the 3 purities of fire, ice, lightning),

for attack built, i prefer lower ressist but high mana pull, with: clarity, haste, discipline, vitality, wrath, anger, purity of fire, i get res of 94/77/77/23 (before flasks),

allso, if i take out the clarity, i can put purity of ice and purity of lightning and have with my gear 94/84/84/56,

i prefer the high mana pull, but check it for yoursalf.... i hate using mana potions....

For Flaks you'll need:
Spoiler

Your build will have no Armour, so you'll need to use 2 CwDT gems, one that is lvl 1 with Enduring Cry, I put it with Blood Rage 20/20, for high resistance mode, elemental weekness lvl 5 q20 for all other mods, and projectail weekness sometimes lvl 5 q20 for wander mode
i put it on my

On your helmet, you'll need CwDT lvl 9 + Immortal Call lvl 9 q20, Increased Duration D 20/20, and one blue slot for aura of your choice.

This way you get to take one hit, and be invulnerable to physical damage for enough time for your life leech to get you to full life.

On your other weapon (pressing X) you need the two Redbeak swords, one of them with RF + IAoE + Increased Burning Damage, on the other you'll need another lvl 20 purity of fire

Before entering a map, the two
need to be on you
and ofc

and your regular rings + your regular helmet (with need to be what you need for the mod you are playing, mostly the Crown of Eyes) + Reduced Mana lvl 20 need to be in your helmet instead of CwDT that effects the Immortal Call, the CwDT need to be on you (you'll understand why pretty soon).

When you start a map, change the Blood Magic helmet to your regular helmet, press 2 to drink the mana potion (that gives you full mana instantly), active the 3 auras you choose to use (not Purity of Fire yet), then press X, active the Purity of Fire that is on one of your Redbeak swords, then press 1 to drink the Ruby flask, active the RF, press X again to get to your regular gear, and activate Purity of Fire again.

Now, change your CwDT with the Redused Mana gems in your helmet, change the rings, and you are ready to go, with high DPS of attacks, spells, and about 14K DPS of RF that will protect you!

here is an example video

Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNGpJ72KCxc&feature=youtu.be

---

Hope that I made myself clear on how to make this complicated built, but it is worth it!

Also, if you want to make a MF, you can make a good DPS MF, easiest with the spellcaster mode,

I get to 55/329 with my gear:

hope to get some comments....

TY for reading, and good gaming!
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Last edited by rel4us on Feb 12, 2014, 1:46:48 AM
that's... versatile... wow
What spells do you use for coc, esp for flicker and cyclone?
I'm really interested in seeing a video for this. I've been trying to figure out what it would take to run RF on low life ES without some of the standard uniques. Can't wait for an update :]
"
reaperpi wrote:
What spells do you use for coc, esp for flicker and cyclone?

fireball & Ice spear (or one of them + power charge on crit),

the normal attack in this mode is doing the most of the DPS, and the spells are the bonus,

even a 1 DPS wand, would do allmost the same DPS that my 187 DPS wand do,

the wrath and anget makes most of the DPS....

i prefer the none COC mods most of the times....
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
"
ydrinkcoke wrote:
I'm really interested in seeing a video for this. I've been trying to figure out what it would take to run RF on low life ES without some of the standard uniques. Can't wait for an update :]

i will upload videos and screenshots,

this guide is just starting..... :)

i'll get the time for it and more will come soon :)
"
reaperpi wrote:
that's... versatile... wow

that is why it's so fun :)

i can be what ever i feel like, and i don't need to start leveling all over again to be something else....

and what ever mod you play, you are powerful, even as an MF....
guide updated
So, your only form of defense versus phys dmg is that CwDT gem? And you use no Granite? How much ES do you have with this setup?
"
Mindvirus wrote:
So, your only form of defense versus phys dmg is that CwDT gem? And you use no Granite? How much ES do you have with this setup?

4400, and i can do all boss but academy and dominus 78

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info