Crash when loading map

Hi,

I've tried to access both Dark Forest and Chamber of Sins, and at both locations the game will just freeze and I have to Alt-Tab out of the game. When I do that, I see an exception error mentioning a bad allocation error or file map check error(something like that, I forgot the full term).

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit and for most of the other games I run on my comp I don't get any problem with memory allocation.
Try adding -gc 1 to the shortcut to see if this helps. This will increase load times as well though as a side effect.
Vengeance of the Fallen
There have been some crash issues with certain zones if you had the game since closed beta.

This is due to some local content files being corrupt.

Try doing this in the following order.

1. Uninstall Path of Exile
2. Open up start menu, type %appdata% in the search box and hit enter.
3. Locate your path of exile folder, and then delete it completely.
4. Download the installation file from the homepage, run it and then attempt to start the game and enter the zone.

Good luck!
http://twitch.tv/MartinCreek
A reinstall should be a last resort considering the download speeds that people are currently getting. I'd suggest a packcheck if he is thinking it may be corruption.

You can check how to do a packcheck here;

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531
Vengeance of the Fallen
Last edited by SoulForge on Jan 27, 2013, 12:08:19 PM
Thanks for the help, I would really like not to redownload the thing because the file is huge and as mentioned, the download speeds are terrible at the moment.

I've already done a pack check, but the program did not flag any errors.

I'll try the -gc 1 command and see if it works. Can I know specifically what it does?
Well, I don't know if it was the -gc 1 command or the patch that just came out but the game can load the Dark Forest(haven't tested the Chamber of Sins but should work).

Thanks for all the help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info