First Look @ Summon Raging Spirit

From what I've tested personally this is what does and doesn't affect the skill (Summon Raging Spirit):

Does:
Spoiler

*Faster Attacks (support gem)
*Added dmg (support gem)
*elemental % dmg nodes
*Increased Duration
*Minion dmg nodes + items + Gem
*+ Fire Gem Level
*Ancestral Bonds (The no Character DMG part)
*Anger and Wrath both deal INC DPS with spirits
*Hatred doesn't seem to boost DPS at all, but does add cold dmg allowing them to chill (possibly freeze?)(I only have a low level Hatred might work with a higher level 1)
*Haste (I believe Attack speed does, but Movement speed doesn't. Need a leveled Haste Gem to test further)
*+Duration Nodes (While it doesn't state it in tooltip that they last longer, that actually do)
*Remote Mine (Skill Gem)
*Trap (Skill Gem)
*Spell Totem (Will only summon Spirits if enemies are within Totems cast range)
*Flesh Offering (Attack Speed)
*Melee Physical Damage Gem
*Melee Damage on Full Life
*Melee Splash
*Cast on Damage Taken
*Multistrike
*Cast on Critical Strike
*Chance to Ignite
*Increased Burning Dmg (but it's very insignificant)
*Cast on Melee Kill
*Auras from Dominating Blow, and Allies

Doesn't (as far as I can tell):
Spoiler

*Fire % nodes and Fire % from items (Will continue to test it)
*Spell % from nodes and from items (Will continue to test it)
*Weapon elemental gem (needs further testing I think)
*Fork (Guessing dmg reduction still applies while more spirits aren't made same as LMP)
*LMP (Lesser Multiple Projectiles)(while it doesn't make more spirits the dmg reduction still applies to the skulls)
*GMP
*Chain

Special Notes:
Spoiler

*It seems that their life isn't a specific number (I.E. like they have a life total of say 100 or 2057), but instead have a life total based on number of hits they sustain from any given attack. (I.E. Like they can take 3 projectile shots before dieing regardless of monster level, or 2 Melee attacks before dieing regardless of monster level.)

*Not sure if they are Main Type DPS of Fire or just a subtype since Fire % doesn't affect them as far as I can tell... But they can ignite. Thus leading me to believe it is a subtype, not affecting their dps, but they have innate Crit Chance and if they crit they can ignite an enemy.

*Spirits movement is not impaired by height elevations (Cliffs) or Abyss (Vaal Pyramid)

*While I personally believe their main type DPS is Physical, they have a subtype DPS of Fire. Meaning they deal Physical DPS, but if checked through resistances and crit chances it counts as Fire as well. (Could be wrong. Just a personal theory)

*Skulls CAN miss attacks.

*Skulls will target nearest enemy within your sight range if your mouse isn't hoving over an enemy or targeted at an enemy upon casting. Skulls will travel to enemy targeted upon, but will stop if any enemies are in the way and attack them instead.

*Skulls can target off screen enemies if you had sight of them at one point.

*Skulls can be targeted by melee auto attacks, but happens rarely. Can be hit by projectiles, AoE, and Chaos Dmg Over time. Burning Ground seems to have no affect on them.

*Can be Cursed.

*When summoning a raging skull, the area in which they are spawned does cause enemies dmg if they are standing near the area where the skull was spawned.

*Levels on this gem don't seem to increase max skulls able to be summoned or Duration of skulls.

*As far as I can tell SRS (Summon Raging Skulls) base dmg does not scale off from weapon dmg. But the tool tip does display random stats from the weapon it is link to.
(Stun duration, Mana gain on kill, Life Gain on Hit)
(It seems to take specific Explicit Factors and any Implicit Factors from the weapon)
(Also added dmg from a weapon doesn't seem to boost Skull dps at all).

Untested (BY ME):
Spoiler

*+ Spell Gem Level
*+ Minion Gem Level
*Totems (totem % dmg nodes)
*Traps/Mines (Trap/Mine % dmg nodes)
*Spell dmg % nodes
*DMG Auras (Conversion Trap)(I'm guessing all auras should affect it in someway.)
*Increased Crit Chance/Damage (not sure if nodes would affect it as well as unsure if the summons themselves get a passive crit chance or their crit chance is linked to the gem.)
*Minion Speed Gem
*Fire Pen
*Faster/Slower Projectiles
*Projectile Nodes

*TESTING METHODS*
Spoiler

Various Builds and Characters of Varying Levels. (Marauder, Templar, Witch, Scion)(Lvls 3-83)

For Fire and Spell dmg, Searing Touch and various spell % items.

For Fire % nodes, various Fire % nodes

Various Skill Gems

Various Locations (Norm: Mud Flats, Ledge, Docks, Fetid Pools, Ship Graveyard. Cruel: Docks)

Side Note:
Spoiler

Cloak of Flame does seem to apply the 10% chance to ignite onto the Skulls from what I've seen. So my guess Searing Touch's Inc. Burning DMG should apply but still haven't verified.

Also each time they have ignited enemies... the ignite damage was so insignificant that they died to normal skull attacks before the burning dmg had a chance to do any really dmg at all.

Increased Gem levels give higher Skull dps and mana cost. Skull base dps is unlisted still, But base dps does go up.

I would like to know if we can get a base dmg on the skulls at skill lvl 1 at least @Chris_GGG and rest of GGG crew.

***More to come***
***If you see something wrong with anything I have personally tested. Please let me know and I can try again. Maybe you can help get to bottom of this <3. Let's work together ;)***
***Thank you for everyone that has helped me do some testing: AngelRayne, Buns_more_than_one_bun, Endless monsters I've tested this on, and everyone else in this thread <3***
***Skull means spirit in my thread***
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Jan 30, 2014, 5:37:12 PM
Constantly Updating.
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Jan 29, 2014, 11:36:10 PM
Why doesnt it show how much damage they do WTF?
I've already got the gem to level 11 and it seems to just cost more mana with every level, no increased dmg/spd/skulls/nothing. Is this an oversight on GGG's part? Seems best to never level it.
Last edited by crcfail on Jan 29, 2014, 10:07:55 PM
Not sure why it doesn't give a dmg scaling in the tooltip. And tbh I've found their base dmg doesn't increase at all with levels either.

Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Jan 29, 2014, 10:17:16 PM
The damage definitely increases with level. A level 2 raging spirit in normal ledge takes 3-4 shots to kill a skele. A level 7 one usually one shots the skeles there.

It's retarded that we don't get to see minions' dps though.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jan 29, 2014, 10:54:51 PM
Thanks.

Just verified it myself using Searing Touch. Thanks for the info. Been testing in normal flats since it's a low level gem.

(+2 Fire Levels to Fire Gems)
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Jan 29, 2014, 11:44:49 PM
Skeletons don't list their damage either. Nobody thinks they don't scale with level.

Minion Damage gems and passives should work, if you';re not seeing them work it's probably because you're testing poorly. As you so kindly have pointed out you were testing against enemies unlikely to notice differences against.

Skulls should not be affected by your ignite damage bonuses, including bonuses from searing touch. they aren't you.

A minion is a minion.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Ground based effects (Burning ground, tar patches) do not seem to affect Raging Spirits

I've seen mobs occasionally target and kill raging spirits. Was cute watching Brutus pull them in occasionally with his chain.

Spells and attacks that hit a Raging Spirit deal damage normally. Raging spirit hit points matter.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Jan 30, 2014, 12:06:33 AM
Brutus can hook his own allies too lol.

Another gem to be considered can be minion speed, since you always raise them next to you.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info