Flameblaster 1.0.3 (WORK IN PROGRESS) Comments/Feedback appreciated

Hm didn't know shock duration was impacted by damage. Will definitely take that into consideration.
Bump

And quick status update. Will def be running Arc with spell totem to shock debuff blue/gold mobs.Right now I'm running it linked to added lightning/lightning penetration/faster casting and it can do serious damage to, if not kill, most white mobs on its own.
bump
bump
bump
bump
I have also been running a similar build, which is at level 49, Act 3 Cruel at the moment.

Current Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwFLQhnFbgW8xg8HNwelCFgIcMkPCY8J6ko-i2oL501kkCgQYdGcVfhWm1gS2EhdO108XgNeu9_xoIegseDCYTvhTKIQojxkNaTJ5M6ljKpbqw_rFmxkLQMtfK3PrfWvSe-isHFyFvbC9tZ3Ffi6udj-WX56P4K

I'm planning on going into the Templar area mainly to grab Amplify and a few goodies near there. After that some things in the Witch area.

Right now I'm sitting at ~1800 HP and ~1000 mana, 250 reserved for Clarity. Running Discipline at the moment is a net mana loss so I don't bother with it, opting to have a larger pool with slightly less regen.

My primary defense is actually Cold Snap. I saw another Flameblast build use it to great effect for keeping mobs off him. Cold Snap + Ele Prolif + Increase AoE + Added Cold Damage (more cold damage means a longer freeze duration). Everything gets frozen for 0.5s to 2s while Flameblast builds up, and also keeps them in place for easier targeting. The 2nd line of defense are Granite pots, and HP with Mind Over Matter. Also, Cold Snap can trigger Ele Equilibrium, though it's not spammable so a follow-up flameblast won't work too well.

I use Flameblast + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + Added Chaos Damage, to try to front-load the damage. I'd like to try a burning variation, though my socket colours don't work out, unless I give up Faster Casting.

I find the build works well. I don't get hit often because of cold snap. What does hit me, barely hurts due to Granite Flasks + MoM.

Hope some of my experiences are helpful.
Last edited by InBobWeTrust on Jan 30, 2014, 4:31:44 PM
All feedback is helpful. I started things kind of the opposite of what you did and went strait for DPS nodes. Right now I'm sitting at lvl 62 with only 1300 HP. I'm trying to 5 or 6l my carcass jack so I can get elderitch battery/iron reflexes/mind over matter key stones to boost survivability. However other then that the only thing that isn't a 1 shot kill is fire resist mobs and gold mobs. But even those are 1-2 hit when cursed.

Will be updating passive trees and the rest as soon as I get a chance.
Status update

Started to die alot at level 62 do to only running clarity and having no armor in A3M.
Went back and got all passive skills books which gave me enough points to get elderitch battery/iron reflexes/ind over matter and also took a reduced mana gem from another account allowing me to run 2 auras.

Am now running clarity+discipline(for extra mana) and arctic armour. Been grinding out catacombs(lvl 67 area) with no trouble whatsoever 1 hitting all white mobs 1-2 hitting all blues.
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info