Flameblaster 1.0.3 (WORK IN PROGRESS) Comments/Feedback appreciated

So this is a concept build I'm finally deciding to try out. As the title says this is still a work in progress and I might make drastic changes to the build while trying to figure out the best way to incorporate the mechanics I desire. I wouldn't try this build if I were you until I can say that I'm 100% confident that it will work.

Pros/Cons of this build (in concept):

Pros:
-Extremely Cheap
-Extremely High bursts of damage
-Good Survivability
-Hardcore Capable

Cons:
-Low Survibability on lower levels
-Must avoid reflect mobs
NOTICE:You must exercise extreme caution with reflect mobs in hardcore leagues because I can 100% guarantee that if you start casting flameblast, and a reflect Rare decides to wander near the mobs you're about to kill you YOU WILL DIE.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
Lvl 30(100% Working)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcW8xg8HNwhwyMYJjwtqC-dMZ464UGHRnFX4X_GgwmFbYjxjRyQ1pMnkzqmV7GQtAy3PrfWvSfbWedj8kX5Zfno_go=

!!!!!Untested trees will be changed! These are just concepts!!!!!!

Lvl 50 (Untested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAuMEBwelCGcW8xg8HNwfAiHDIxgmPCqNLJwtHy2oL50xnjbFNtg64T1fQYdEq0ZxSbJSU1WuV-FtGX_GghCDCYVth2WI8Y0cj6aQ1pMnkzqXhZeVl_ScLaKjplexkLQMtz631r0nwfPbWd-w52PsVfJF-WX56P4K

Lvl 70 (Untested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAuMEBwelCGcNAhHbFbgW8xg8HNwfAiHDIxgmPCj6Kk0qjSycLR8tqC-dMZ42xTbYOBs64T1fPydBh0SrRnFJskrIS0lSU1WuV-FYG20Zf8aCEILkgwmFbYdliPGKr40cj6aQEZDWkyeTOpYyl4WXlZf0mK2cLaKjplenCLGQsnW0DLc-t9a4k70nvrzAGcHzyFvVgdgk21nfsOdj6-7sVfJF-WX56P4K

Complete 1(Untested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAuMEBwVbB6UIZw0CEdsVuBXnFvMYPBzcHwIhwyMYJjwmlSj6Kk0qjSycLR8tRy2oL50xnjLRNsU22DgbOuE8BT1fPydBh0SrRUdGcUbXSbJKyEtJUEJSU1VLVa5WLVfhWBtdxmBtbRlte2-ec7N4un_GghCC5IMJhW2HZYjxiq-LjIw2jRyPppARkNaTJ5M6ljKXhZeVl_SYrZwtn3uf36KjpLGmV6cIrH-xkLJ1tAy1BLc-t9a4k70nvrzAGcHzwzrIW8pK1U_Vgdgk21ncV93z3nffsOFz5Y7nY-vu7FXtIO988GvyRfll-ej-Cg==

Complete 2(Untested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAP0C4wQHB6UIZw0CEdsUsBUgFbgV5xbzF1AYPBjbHNwfAiHDIxgmPCaVKPoqTSycLOktHy1HLagvnTGeNZI2xTgbOVI6MDrhPV8_J0GHRKtGcUmySshLSUwtTeNObVBCUlNVS1WuVi1X4VgHWBtbr20ZbXtvnnOzdPF4un_GghCCHoLkgwmFMoVtiPGKr4w2jRyPppARkNaTJ5M6ljKXlZf0mK2fe6KjpLGmV6cIrFmsf7GQsnW0DLc-t9a4k7w3vSe-vMAZwfPDOshbykrVT9WB2CTbWdxX3Q3ed9-w5Y7nY-vu8GvyRfll-ej-Cv6P

Complete 3(untested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAP0C4wUtB2MHpQhnDQIOXBB0FLAVIBW4FvMXUBg8GNsc3CFgIcMjGCY8J6kppSpNLJws6S0fLagvnTGeOBs5UjowOrM64T1fPydAoEGHRKtFfkZxSbJKyEtJTC1OKk5tUlNVrlXGVi1XK1fhWAdbPVuvXypnvW0Zb55zU3RVdPF4unzOf8aCEIIeguSDCYUyhW2I8YqvjRyPppARkNaTJ5M6ljKXlZf0m6GeuZ97oqOmV6x_rJixkLQMtz631rw3vSe-vMAZwfPDOshbykrPZdDQ2wvbWdxX3Q3fsOdj6-TyRffX-WX56P4K

Items Needed
Spoiler
**=Mandatory
*=Recommended
Nothing=Temporary

Gear
Spoiler

Gems
Spoiler

Mechanics
Spoiler
KeyStones-Offence
-Elemental Eqaulibrium
-Hex Master
-Whispers of Doom
-Cast speed(nodes)
-Spell damage(nodes)
By using the synergy created by Flammability, Elemental Weakness, Elemental Equalibrium, and an Arcing spell totem linked with faster casting and chain most common and magic mobs flame resistance will easily reach the -100% making them 1 shots by flameblast.

Keystones-Defence
-Mind Over Matter
Your primary source of defense will be mana, and skill based. By boosting up mana to the point mind over matter won't impact it significantly it will effectively negate 30% of all damage. Add cast on damage taken linked to Molten shield and enduring cry and thats another 12% damage, and elemental negation along with a large damage soak from molten shield. Arctic shield should also be linked with 1 aura of your choice along with clarity and reduced mana.
!!!Important!!!:Your primary source of healing will be life flasks, so be sure to craft a 20% quality hallowed saturated flask for use while tanking during spell build ups, and a 20% quality panicked or bubbling flask for emergencies.

Change Log
Spoiler
1.0.1: Made many major changes to passive tree to no longer incorporate power charges. Also dropped Voll's Protector due to power charge change.

1.0.2: Minor tweaks to passive tree. Decided Carcass Jack would be best body armor due to AoE, and AoE damage increase. Along with 200+ energy shield to use with elderitch battery to provide more base mana.

1.0.3: Alot of progress made in gear and passive tree selection. Very happy with survivabilty at this point in time. Many minor changes made, will update soon.
Last edited by Teh_Goonie on Jan 31, 2014, 4:16:10 PM
Reserved
Does reduced duration make the spell charge up faster? ( I have NO idea about this). But if so, I could see it being a really nice addition.
That's a good question. I'll preform an experiment and post results.

EDIT:Results

Flameblast alone: Ave. 3.70 sec cast time

Flameblast + Reduced duration(lvl1): Ave. 3.70 sec cast time

Flameblast + Faster casting(lvl1): Ave. 3.10 sec cast time

So looks like that's a no sadly.
Last edited by Teh_Goonie on Jan 26, 2014, 8:04:56 PM
alright, thats good to know :)
Bump
bump
I actually do a very similar build to this that I haven't bothered to share yet.

I'm currently level 85.

One thing I'll mention is that you actually don't need that much cast speed, I find. Yes, Flameblast will charge slowly, but if you put even some of that effort you put towards cast speed into survivability and damage, you'll find yourself in a much better place, I think.

Of course that depends on what end of flameblast you are built for. Personally I think builds focusing on the front-end of Flameblast are not using the spell's full potential. The potential for burning damage on that ability is insane. I clear most waves in level 75+ maps with a single tap of Flameblast with curses, and regularly 1-shot temple piety, and easily do Residence Dominus (twinned too), twinned torture chamber, and other things solo with little to no effort.

I haven't tested on higher-level maps yet because I don't have many available to me (my RNG sucks).

That being said, I've seen a few builds focus on Flameblast's front end, and it does work. I just don't like it too much.
Last edited by Stealthbug on Jan 28, 2014, 5:31:14 PM
Thanks for your input.

At the moment I'm still trying to figure out what will and what won't work and so on. But right now at Lvl 46 I'm facerolling everything with just the up front blast(Already using elemental equilibrium , and flammability). However I'm still looking to up my survivabilty quit alot, and find a way to 1 shot fire resist mobs. I'm looking into linking fire penetration and empower into my main setup to see if that would do some work, but no one seems to be selling 6l searing touches for the cheap.

But once I'm happy with the cast speed I do want to be able to add some type of burning damage, but that may not be possible.

EDIT: also trying to incorporate shock into my debuff arsenal, but I can't seem to find any strait answers on google for what I'm looking for. I'll either be linking spell totem like so:

(spell totem)-(spark)-(increased crit chance)-(greater multi projectiles)-(fork)-(faster casting)
If all lightning based spells shock on crit.

or like so:

(spell totem)-(arc 20Q)-(added lightning damage 20Q)-(increased crit chance)-(chain)-(faster casting)
If only Arc can shock/shock on crit.
Last edited by Teh_Goonie on Jan 28, 2014, 5:53:32 PM
"
Teh_Goonie wrote:
Thanks for your input.

At the moment I'm still trying to figure out what will and what won't work and so on. But right now at Lvl 46 I'm facerolling everything with just the up front blast(Already using elemental equilibrium , and flammability). However I'm still looking to up my survivabilty quit alot, and find a way to 1 shot fire resist mobs. I'm looking into linking fire penetration and empower into my main setup to see if that would do some work, but no one seems to be selling 6l searing touches for the cheap.

But once I'm happy with the cast speed I do want to be able to add some type of burning damage, but that may not be possible.

EDIT: also trying to incorporate shock into my debuff arsenal, but I can't seem to find any strait answers on google for what I'm looking for. I'll either be linking spell totem like so:

(spell totem)-(spark)-(increased crit chance)-(greater multi projectiles)-(fork)-(faster casting)
If all lightning based spells shock on crit.

or like so:

(spell totem)-(arc 20Q)-(added lightning damage 20Q)-(increased crit chance)-(chain)-(faster casting)
If only Arc can shock/shock on crit.

I think you're spreading yourself too thin by trying to include spark.

Since you use EE, your going to constantly be lowering your damage with your sparks until you hit with a new element. So your shock duration is going to be pretty abysmal. I'd be surprised if it didn't wear out before you managed to charge any of your flameblast at all.

Long story short - don't go for shock.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info