The one major thing wrong with this game

The one major thing wrong with this game? Is it desync? Gambling instead of crafting? BIS uniques? path of life nodes? trading? No, it's none of those things.

The thing this game needs is treasure goblins. I'm sure a lot of you played d3 and really enjoyed treasure goblins. I fondly remember being partied with a few people and whenever we saw the amazing little goblin we would all scream "GOBO" and everyone would get super excited because even if they didn't get a lot of leet gear from it they still got quite a bit of currency.

The equivalent in this game is either inner treasure mod- league specific, or large chests. Large chests are terrible and actually demoralizing to see because the drops are so horrific. I understand why the drops are bad but they are not a viable substitute for treasure goblins.

This game needs real treasure goblins. They should have increased drop rates and always drop a few orbs. Doesn't have to be exalts and eternals. It could maybe drop like 4 or 5 chance orbs, a few chromatics, and a fusing or something. Make them rare enough so that they cant be abused but occur enough so that when you play the game to level 70 you at least see one or two of the fuckers... Inner treasure mod is ridiculously rare.

My suggestion would be to setup a system where goblins have a LOW set chance to spawn. This chance increases "x number of mobs are killed" AND "x dmg" is done by the player. Once a goblin is spawned no new players can join the party until it is either killed OR the party leader accepts the prompt on the screen to despawn the goblin. These things will help stop abuse cases.

People won't be able to hop from zone to zone because the chance of spawning a gobo will be very small if you are not doing dmg AND killing mobs. People wont be able to all search for gobos then invite people to their party to all kill it because of the second stipulation.
IGN: timtwins, timtwinz
Yeah, the idea behind that would be that the misterious escape portal the Goblins open is an Entrance for them from the crappy D3 to Wraeclast
D3 goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
Last edited by Moeeom123 on January 25, 2014 12:27 AM
"
Completed 1 ChallengeMoeeom123 wrote:
Yeah, the idea behind that would be that the misterious escape portal the Goblins open is an Entrance for them from the crappy D3 to Wraeclast


EXACTLY!
IGN: timtwins, timtwinz
They're called exiles.
"
Saffell wrote:
They're called exiles.


dun. dun. dun.

The best thing ever.
i'll point you poe fanboys... to the fact that d3 was up and running.. "bug free" btw.. looong b4 poe .

the drop rates are so dire.. yea a goblin.. or summin like it.. to ease the crafting farce of a mechanic, is a good idea
"
B3RTY wrote:
i'll point you poe fanboys... to the fact that d3 was up and running.. "bug free" btw.. looong b4 poe .


Really B3RTY? that's not what their bug reports say

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/?page=833
If you have problems getting disconnected please use the guide in this link https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361292

If you require Urgent action concerning your account or want to report RMT spam contact support via email here support@grindinggear.com

Hi

D3 has bugs still, and no pvp, how long they been promising that?

whatchoo-willis

cheers




Nullus Anxietas:) ''Item Tension'' I need that like a limp ''PVPenis''
"
timtwins wrote:
The one major thing wrong with this game? Is it desync? Gambling instead of crafting? BIS uniques? path of life nodes? trading? No, it's none of those things.

The thing this game needs is treasure goblins. I'm sure a lot of you played d3 and really enjoyed treasure goblins. I fondly remember being partied with a few people and whenever we saw the amazing little goblin we would all scream "GOBO" and everyone would get super excited because even if they didn't get a lot of leet gear from it they still got quite a bit of currency.

The equivalent in this game is either inner treasure mod- league specific, or large chests. Large chests are terrible and actually demoralizing to see because the drops are so horrific. I understand why the drops are bad but they are not a viable substitute for treasure goblins.

This game needs real treasure goblins. They should have increased drop rates and always drop a few orbs. Doesn't have to be exalts and eternals. It could maybe drop like 4 or 5 chance orbs, a few chromatics, and a fusing or something. Make them rare enough so that they cant be abused but occur enough so that when you play the game to level 70 you at least see one or two of the fuckers... Inner treasure mod is ridiculously rare.

My suggestion would be to setup a system where goblins have a LOW set chance to spawn. This chance increases "x number of mobs are killed" AND "x dmg" is done by the player. Once a goblin is spawned no new players can join the party until it is either killed OR the party leader accepts the prompt on the screen to despawn the goblin. These things will help stop abuse cases.

People won't be able to hop from zone to zone because the chance of spawning a gobo will be very small if you are not doing dmg AND killing mobs. People wont be able to all search for gobos then invite people to their party to all kill it because of the second stipulation.


Timtwins... do you even play this game? It's called rogue exiles, and we DO have that in Path of Exile.

In fact it's much better than in D3, because one: some of them are actually a CHALLENGE to beat, and TWO: they have 10,000% better chance of dropping worthwhile loot than in diablo.

Be thankful your level capped legendaries don't look anything like this.

http://bayimg.com/dahdPaafM
"
B3RTY wrote:
i'll point you poe fanboys... to the fact that d3 was up and running.. "bug free" btw.. looong b4 poe .

the drop rates are so dire.. yea a goblin.. or summin like it.. to ease the crafting farce of a mechanic, is a good idea

Just curious, what does bug free mean to you? Does that gloss over the ton's of AH bugs they had, and the duping bugs (long after "release"), or the trade design bugs that made it unbelievably easy to scam people out of tons of gold?

How about the AH exploit that allowed you to snipe items for the low bid cost, effectively letting you buy it now.

Diablo 3 has LITERALLY been a cluster@#(& of bugs, one after another. And that's not even beginning to talk about the failed design decisions that they've backed up on more often than they've even patched the game for freak sake.

Compared to D3 at launch, PoE is WAY less buggy.

Sure, desync is less than ideal, but it's nowhere near as "buggy" as diablo 3 was, and has been for months at a time, without even an attempt at a fix.

"
Hi

D3 has bugs still, and no pvp, how long they been promising that?

cheers


Finken, just one quote for you bro: (from the lead designer himself) "Today, we wanted to let you know that we've made the difficult decision to hold back the PvP Arena system and release it in a patch following the game's launch." (What was the Date of that quote, you say? -3/9/2012)

And their "monthly" ask the devs, stopped on 3/20/2013, with no explanation whatsoever.

At least Chris has the balls to talk to us from time to time. Bobby Kotick and Mike Morhaime can't be caught dead with us plebians, or they might catch a plague or commoner's cold or something.



More cause I can.

"While we work on making sure PvP lives up to its full potential, we hope you'll find some consolation in the fact that soon, you'll be having a blast leveling characters, finding items, learning the classes, and perfecting builds…and that when the Arenas do arrive, you’ll be all the better prepared for battle

"We know a lot of you are looking forward to PvP, and we’ll be focusing our post-launch efforts on making sure the Arenas are as brutal, bloody, fast-paced, and awesome as we know they can be"

"We'll have a lot more info to share on the PvP system in the future, and we look forward to the moment we can get the game into your hands."

Such bold faced lies. The fact that Blizzard could fall so far is really, really sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info