Stuck in loading screens - error message

Hi,

I've been disconnecting while switching areas very often in the last two days. The error message is "Exception - Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code:8 Offset:746455040 Size:9239565.

Hope this helps solve the issue!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have gotten similar error that stated this

Unable to MapviewOfFile in MapChunk.Error Code:8 Offset:1041956864
Size:8892094

Except mine was somewhere in graveyard ships area.
Last edited by Clarencezer on Jan 26, 2013, 10:52:52 PM
I still have the disconnects. This time the error message was different:
"Unable to create texture. E_OUTOFMERCY Ran out of memory"

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue? Anyone from GGG?
This happens to me like every 4-5 loading screens... It's crazy.
I'm getting this same message after getting stuck on loading screens between areas about half the time now. The loading screen never goes away, and the sounds/music keep playing but if you alt-tab to desktop you'll see the message. I've tried lowering settings and resolution but it doesn't help.
"
Slayblaze wrote:
I'm getting this same message after getting stuck on loading screens between areas about half the time now. The loading screen never goes away, and the sounds/music keep playing but if you alt-tab to desktop you'll see the message. I've tried lowering settings and resolution but it doesn't help.

that's exactly what happens to me as well. i hope there will be a fix for this soon!
haven't had the issue in a few days but today twice again.

"Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk, Error Code: 8 Offset: 1196818432 Size: 13037724"

btw: if I click OK when this pops up, it shows a Microsoft Visual Runtime C++ error
Last edited by Afghani84 on Feb 3, 2013, 4:41:43 AM
i getting simular messages to these every time in act 3 sewers into /out of loading screens
also after killing Vaal loading screen to act 3 ....all of act 1+2 never had crashes

"Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk, Error Code: 8 Offset: 1196818432 Size: 13037724"

last week had 5 fps (normaly 90fps) in sewers then got crash with :"Unable to create texture. E_OUTOFMERCY Ran out of memory"

windows XP 2gig ram
Nividia gtx460 1 gig ram ... i know, i know OLD but good driver ver:301.42 (6.14.13.0142)
Bonan..2hander,Miss Bitch..whitch, ThongBow..ranger
Same problem. It has happened once in Chambers of Sin loading screen: the bug was about a sound file not found.

I had to kill the application from task manager. I logged in again and when I tried to re-enter the balck forest it gave me the same error message.

This time it happend in Black forest screen and i have the exact message.

I report image content:
"Art/Textures/Environment/forest/roadforesttop4ns.dds": in source code file:Resource\TextureResource.ccp at line 37, Processing file:Art/Textures/Environment/forest/roadforesttop4ns.dds
Error:E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description:Ran out of memory
Last edited by Aznerot on Feb 4, 2013, 2:59:27 AM
Same issue here, so many variants. But the weirdest thing, this error only happen in Act 3 for me, never in Act 1 or 2. Also ran lowest graphics setting with -gc 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info