Please help me in PvP. Im desperate

I run a 1000+ ex setup but right now I can't PvP properly. My character is too squishy although I did get max block, it doesn't help.
Please, give my some pointers on how to be able to take some punishments. How much armor is need? What's a proper DPS for a melee because right now I have fairly high damage but low defense.
Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAecFfQW1DkgQexEvEZYWvxfYGNsZ1RrbHhohAyFgJP0oKii1KaUqOCsKLOEvbzBUMww26DpSPs9AoEcGTGBOKlFHVgRW6lb1Vvpbr1yKXvpfamCIYVJl8XBScFZwu3DVdPF5SHvXfeN-WX_GhmCH24hCjb-Oio_6kBuX0JlXmZqaE52jnrmfy6Kjpn-sZrGztMW1SLb3uT65fLt8vea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzN6tA51QDVT9h22RPbGttu29Tb590N3nfjhOdU6f7rFOtj7UHuDu9O8-r1S_lj_Kv8xf4r_5P_3g==

Right now I have about 5k5 armor. 6k ES and a hell lot of DPS but I can't put it to work because I die instantly on impact. 170k CYclone - 260k Lightning strike - 40k per hit flicker - etc... As soon as someone touches me, I'm dead.
I get max blocked yesterday but still got wrecked by sword builds. I'm willing to spec into block again but I need something different this time. Please help.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Post your flask fits as well.

Armor is not worth anything until you get about 20k of it. And then its still worthless against crit/dagger builds, as they'll just nuke for 50k per hit (like yours does, but probably more efficiently specced) and 20k armor offers less than 10% reduction against a 50k hit.

In fact, armor is terrible against most physical crit builds, as even 80k armor may not make a big difference against a crit dagger build, and that's only obtainable through grabbing almost every node and truly GG gear.

I wouldn't use Skeletotems in most PvP situations... Just saying.

Sword builds counter Shield builds.

Are they sword/board? If not, you have a good chance of killing them first if you have enough damage.

How do you fare against RF players (who have 60+% block)? It doesn't look like you have a plan for dealing with EK players either, as 23% spell block is definitely not going to save you.
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
And treat those two impostors just the same,
-Ruyard Kipling, "If"
Last edited by NewAgeOfPower on Jan 19, 2014, 5:40:25 AM
Thanks a lot for your response. Much needed!
I have a Stone of lazwar to swap vs spell caster but that's about it for them!
If armor is truly useless, do you recommend not running grace and leaving my armor at 600? I can use some more useful aura like Disc or haste
The only use of skelli totem is to break mine and trap since the totem itself is quite cheap. Do you have any effective plan against trappers? I lost against most well specced block sword + board guys. Would be nice to know if there's a strategy that will put me at least on even footing. I wouldn't even try if the disadvantage is too great.
I can beat RF players by casting some sort of ele curse or vulnerability and run. But there's some guys using RF + flicker and just hatch on to me, they're really hard to deal with. Right now with my 300k single target double strike it can be a 50-50 situation where I kill them so fast RF can't do its job, not sure how I'll fare when DPS comes down to about 140k with max block.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
Thanks a lot for your response. Much needed!
I have a Stone of lazwar to swap vs spell caster but that's about it for them!
If armor is truly useless, do you recommend not running grace and leaving my armor at 600? I can use some more useful aura like Disc or haste
The only use of skelli totem is to break mine and trap since the totem itself is quite cheap. Do you have any effective plan against trappers? I lost against most well specced block sword + board guys. Would be nice to know if there's a strategy that will put me at least on even footing. I wouldn't even try if the disadvantage is too great.
I can beat RF players by casting some sort of ele curse or vulnerability and run. But there's some guys using RF + flicker and just hatch on to me, they're really hard to deal with. Right now with my 300k single target double strike it can be a 50-50 situation where I kill them so fast RF can't do its job, not sure how I'll fare when DPS comes down to about 140k with max block.

Just took a look at your passive tree.

You're probably getting crit on tons because you took Unwavering + Iron Reflexes.

I'd suggest running Grace without IR/Unwavering, and using an Eye of Chayula if you need to prevent stunlocks. Of course, EK is going to hurt more, but that doesn't sound like your problem.

I've met RF players with over 110% Fire Res- and then theres always Warding Flasks. When at 20Q, a Ample Quicksilver of Warding can grant up to 18 seconds of curse immunity. I've been told by some of the better PvP players in my league (Domination) that the best way to overcome RF is to DPS race them, as their builds usually cap around 60k dps, but this may be a losing proposition if their block chance is high enough.

Are trappers prevalent on standard? I ran into only one so far in my Domination PvP experience and I just ran him over with Flicker.
-Ruyard Kipling, "If"
turn out 300k DPS double strike or 56k damage per hit flicker is not half as strong as some RF builds. I'm gonna give it a rest and see what GGG has in store when pvp is officially out. If nothing changes well then.
This is my current tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAecFfQW1BjkG6QkhDkgQexEvEZYWvxnVGlUa2xuXG60byB4aHoEk_SdhKCorCjBUMww26DqzPeI-z0MxRwZI7kuNTGBOKlFHVupW9Vb6W69cil4TXvpfamEhZKNwUnBWecB7133jf8aE74fbiEKNv4_6kBuX0JlXmZqaE5uDnaOfy6Kjpn-sr7GztMW1SLZBtve307k-vea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDhs3q1QDVT9fL2j3bGttu29Tb590N3nfe9uOE51TnkejW6xTrY-1B7g7u2fPq9Uv5Y_yr_MX-K_8c_5P_3g==
I know I can improve my flicker performance a bit going CI but I'm not gonna do it until GGG shows some dedication in balancing PvP
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Jan 21, 2014, 7:26:49 PM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
turn out 300k DPS double strike or 56k damage per hit flicker is not half as strong as some RF builds. I'm gonna give it a rest and see what GGG has in store when pvp is officially out. If nothing changes well then.
This is my current tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAecFfQW1BjkG6QkhDkgQexEvEZYWvxnVGlUa2xuXG60byB4aHoEk_SdhKCorCjBUMww26DqzPeI-z0MxRwZI7kuNTGBOKlFHVupW9Vb6W69cil4TXvpfamEhZKNwUnBWecB7133jf8aE74fbiEKNv4_6kBuX0JlXmZqaE5uDnaOfy6Kjpn-sr7GztMW1SLZBtve307k-vea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDhs3q1QDVT9fL2j3bGttu29Tb590N3nfe9uOE51TnkejW6xTrY-1B7g7u2fPq9Uv5Y_yr_MX-K_8c_5P_3g==
I know I can improve my flicker performance a bit going CI but I'm not gonna do it until GGG shows some dedication in balancing PvP

Critical Dagger will not be getting buffed if they do they are on drugs.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Im not looking to get buffed, mulla
Just looking for blatant issues to be addressed. Im also looking out for anyone who is successful in using crit dagger in pvp and learn from him.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Jan 22, 2014, 1:06:49 AM
Thats one ugly tree. Some of your links are a massive wtf. No offense, but you are proof of the fact having a million exalts doesn't automatically mean you are the best at the game.

Respec to this, more block and ES. A bit less dex, but thats ok, you have tons of accuracy. The str loss - make up from gear, you are rich. If you even need it for gems (Str with LS = useless, dont take iron grip)

Use Chayula or SOL where necessary

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcFfQW1BfkG6QkhDkgPxBB7ES8RUBGWFVAV8Ba_GjIa2xuXG60dFB4aHoEfAiT9J2EnqSgqKMUrCi0fMFQ2xTt8O-E94kcGSO5LjUw1TGBMs1FgVupW9VqmXvptGXBScFZwfXiue9d943_Gh9uIQo9Gj_qQG5fQmVeZmpoTmyado6Kjo4qmf6cIpyuplbGztMW1SLb3t9O4yrk-u9a-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbc3q037VANfL2CTaPdsa227b1Nvn3Mfe9uL344TnVOjW62PsGO1B877z6vVL-WP60vyr_xz_kw==

Forget ghost reaver, sin trek / bloodless >>>

Your fire and cold resists aren't even capped, let alone slightly overcapped

Your links on LS are hilarious, you are destroying the point of having a crit build with multistrike and lmp and mpd. MPD = lost on projectiles, just paper dps. You lose out on the physical and ele dmg like that, since the ele dmg is all converted, and hence shocks burn freeze etc = less chance to do so. Multistrike and lmp = bye bye damage per hit. They reduce your real damage to ~1/3, no joke. 3 projectiles are enough for pvp, and you cant shotgun with LS, its not a spell. You could keep multistrike and LMP if you want, since you do what you want after all, but FA and WED combo give much more dps anyway.

Multistrike --> WED
LMP --> FA
MPD --> Projectile physical damage

You aint running discipline? This isnt pvm, you need as much life / es as possible. I think auras priority should be disc - grace - hatred. Grace is really fantastic vs critters (lol ppl that crit ofc, sounds funny ^^). Haste is nice too, and anger and wrath scale crazy well with this build, but I dont think they would fit.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 3:34:16 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
No offense, but you are proof of the fact having a million exalts doesn't automatically mean you are the best at the game.

While mean, this is true.

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Use Chayula or SOL where necessary

SOL?

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Your fire and cold resists aren't even capped, let alone slightly overcapped

Did not notice this. Hilarious!

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
You aint running discipline? This isnt pvm, you need as much life / es as possible. I think auras priority should be disc - grace - hatred. Grace is really fantastic vs critters (lol ppl that crit ofc, sounds funny ^^). Haste is nice too, and anger and wrath scale crazy well with this build, but I dont think they would fit.

Haste is a complete waste of an aura slot in PvP

Wrath is silly good if your built around AS/Lightning

Grace keeps your squishy butt alive when another crit player jumps on you

Discipline would give him 1k at best with his current tree. He needs more damage to kill RF players faster.
-Ruyard Kipling, "If"
Last edited by NewAgeOfPower on Jan 22, 2014, 5:51:28 AM
SOL = stone of lazhwar

1k es is useless to you?

grace / discipline / hatred are the 3 must haves here

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type