Constipation (literal not metaphorical)

I think it has a greater impact on humanity than anyone gives it credit for.
Eat more fruit and veggies.
With me, veggies have no effect at all. High veg meals can even give me constipation.

Baked Beans don't work either.

Figs are ok, but you get sick of eating figs very quickly.

Paprika works, not because it's supposed to, but because I'm allergic to it and the attached stomach pain is equally unpleasant.
Prune juice. Or as it is now called Plum juice. I love plums. Hummmmm.

What backs me up is processed foods. Coffee helps, but eating freshly made foods keep me regular.
Just get out, get into the first buss and get stuck in traffic or something. Your constipation will instantly demand evacuation.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Did you consider meditation?

In particular breathing exercises. There is a breathing exercise where you breathe by utilizing your lower stomach in order to draw in air.

(push out you lower stomach in order to draw air in, then push it back in to force air out, do this very slowly, but very intentionally)

One of it's side effect's other then a stable air-flow and a bigger air volume , is an increase in heat/productivity within that section of your body. This promotes better digestion and could in theory solve your problem.

(sorry my english is lacking to describe this yoga-exercise, my apologies)

Edit : also how much water do you consume a day? Most people i see with problems like this lack the required water to digest properly.(drinking things like coffee and sugar based drinks don't help)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 16, 2014, 3:42:34 PM
The weird thing for me personally is that when I live alone and eat and drink what I choose, I rarely ever get constipation, but as soon as someone else starts dictating my diet I get constipation quite easily.

And my normal personal diet isn't at all what a health expert would describe as anti-constipation.

The water element is important, I don't drink coffee, but sometimes I don't drink enough, but that isn't always the cause. I can be pissing clear every couple of hours and still have constipation under the above circumstance.

This could be one of the subconcious factors making me scared of relationships - hence the phraseology of the OP. Many humans prefer a large quantity of self-control in their life, for many reasons, and when people discuss the 'get out more' angle of life, constipation is rarely brought up as potential problem to this scenario.

Ie: we might not have any realisation as to the reason we might say no instead of yes to a co-habitation with someone could be caused by something as simple but unaware as a subconcious desire not to be constipated.

The Yoga sounds fun but but a bit OTT. Prune juice sounds like a good option to try out.

LOL@johngrammaticus - totally true!

(but that's probably because exercise can help constipation, another thing many people don't even know - a short walk can often be enough to loosen up the muscles!)
do some exercise run a bit, squats, jumps shit like and drink green tea, yarrow tea etc

i very rarely get constipated, dont even remember last time, but what i find worse than constipation in that area is diarrhea, that thing literally stopped napoleon from conquering russia
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
I feel for you Cronk, being backed up doesn't sound like much fun. My diet is varied and I consume large quantities of alcohol and I've never had any issues. I do still exercise and drink plenty of water, guessing that helps.

I sometimes just sit on the can as it's virtually the only time I can get some peace in my house. Great time to do some reading or serious thinking.

Maybe that's where all your philosophical questions stem from, too much time on the can. Don't let something like that hold you back from sharing your life with others.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Hardlicker wrote:

I sometimes just sit on the can as it's virtually the only time I can get some peace in my house. Great time to do some reading or serious thinking.

Maybe that's where all your philosophical questions stem from, too much time on the can. Don't let something like that hold you back from sharing your life with others.

I'm actually delighted you brought this point up, as I'd forgotten to mention it so far.

Do you honestly think about things when you have a shit trying to edge it's way out your ass?

No, really, next time you have a log just starting to poke out, try and think of something important - try to think about anything even remotely important in your life - I guarantee you that you will not be able to concentrate on that topic in a positive way.

This was going to be another reason why constipation has a greater effect on humanity than people realise - it's actually extrmely difficult to concentrate positively on a subject while a turd is dominating your thought processes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info