A 1.0.6 Skill Prototype Video

GGG, hear me out!
Most skills in this (otherwise awesome) game feel incredibly clunky and slow.
Now is the time to intervene and make a change!

Starting with this skill!

Why not make it so that the orbs/skulls deal damage as they pass through enemies and make it look like a swarm of angry spirits tearing enemies apart?

As the skill is right now, it feels like just another "delayed damage" spell - although it clearly isn't!

Yea it might require a lot more coding to make it work - but feck it, take your time and delay the release of new skills for a couple of weeks and make it so they are AWESOME instead of just okay-ish.
Last edited by Woodfist on Jan 14, 2014, 7:09:53 AM
seems to be a minion, but also a projectile, and an elemental spell... intredasting
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Whiny freaking people in this thread...

I love the idea behind this new skill, GGG! I'm looking forward to making a summoner who hides behind skelly totems and pelts people with flaming skull minions!
What does this have to do with minions? It appears to be more of an enhanced fireball. When I read "new minion skill" I thought our actual minions would have another ability. Like, for example, the ability to shoot a fireball or cast a spell. Or to wear armor... etc. I don't really see this related to minions.

It is a cool idea. I just felt the topic was misleading.
Ok, this seems nice and all (giving summoners a direct attack option, but honestly, at first I thought it was something else till I realised these are minions.

It looked like a buggy "homing fireball"
Then it hit me, how awesome it would be to have a "homing" support gem?

The gem would make projectiles slower, but auto-direct itself towards enemies (should probably have some turning speed), and as it levels up the speed penalty gets reduced, and turning speed increases (so at max level, you have no speed penalty)

Then you can mess around with all sort of crazy builds.
Homing fireballs spamming.
homing arrows or various types
Ice pulses that bend their path into mobs
Spectral weapons that circle around mobs, slicing multiple times.

All sorts of fun interactions.
To me it looks like these are minions the same way animate weapon is a minion.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
I have to agree with others who have said it doesn't feel anything like a minion skill. Just because they are entities with AI instead of missiles with tracking doesn't make them feel like anything but fire and forget homing missiles that happen to hit two or three times. I don't see this appealing to many people actually interested in minions as its functionality bears no resemblance to an actual minion skill. It's a skull shaped fireball that tracks, that you spam like any other projectile skill, it just can't be buffed by the same passives or supports.
So now... Summoners can also shoot incredibly powerful delayed fireballs.... Imagine Fire Pen, Minion Damage, Cast Speed along with duration or health. Add this to the over 100% minion damage in passives and you've got a very solid spell to spam.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
Is a change coming to Cast on Death? Would like to know before I start sinking gcps into one.

Yes, a Cast on Death change is highly likely.

Is it just a trap exploit fix or a full change to the gem?
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
Necrogue wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
Is a change coming to Cast on Death? Would like to know before I start sinking gcps into one.

Yes, a Cast on Death change is highly likely.

Is it just a trap exploit fix or a full change to the gem?

By full change you mean full removal hopefully. Only point of it is to troll pvp or lower the chance of actual good gems from dropping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info