The Ultimate Party Support Build

And now we all have Conduit!

Also just STOMPED Cruel Piety at level 45 and are getting ready to head to Merciless. :D
Last edited by feyith on Jan 12, 2014, 5:32:22 PM
builds very possible in softcore. Would not risk it on any of the permanent death servers. A single desync Rhoa charge in any of the maps would potentially spell death with virtually no form of damage mitigation. a dedicated party would make things a 100x safer, but at least a couple random deaths are imminent.

Another thing to point out; spell damage does not miss. If you take resolute technique out of the final tree, you can save a ton of points and add them to survivability/damage mitigation instead.

If you intend to run 5+ auras on mana, you won't be able to run your skills w/o the use of a blood magic gem. 1% life regen won't be enough to counter the costs if your base pool of life is only at 1-1.5k hp.

Try to get ahold of a prism guardian as well.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9bYTdtZlKAtqNpisZBodIMJ-ehGcW-egsdBh7QM4YjKSij6tz6TJ1v0HarDOuvu_goc3P5Jm7W4k_JFf8bxdhmKpwgMfTrhflkRlvsJ2t2PRhB_pldwu_baHRTQ0MaeTeMxntkTGo_60puhz2X-jy9vFy826ffXVcY1kmTnhtEkquNqrJgWb7XyVdYksBmFFLCpboCkAP06MHgNdFU5UlivfM68Nzbo6-RObTpSXypYBw48JwtCo3YIrFmI8edj

This tree uses the same amount of points. It gets rid of a ton of useless nodes and adds a lot of survivability. You will also be able to sustain skill costs if you run your skills on life. Plus with more life, you'll be able to run more auras making use of life. You can make use of prism guardian a bit more safely at that point, as 2 60% auras + a reduced mana gem in it would total less than 15% of your life.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Jan 12, 2014, 10:40:16 PM
"

Another thing to point out; spell damage does not miss. If you take resolute technique out of the final tree, you can save a ton of points and add them to survivability/damage mitigation instead.

Wow, thanks for the tips! I was not aware of the spells not missing btw, I appreciate that, saved me some trouble. I've still got some passive regrets to fix the problem.

"
Try to get ahold of a prism guardian as well.

As far as survivability, I do plan to get better armour but it has to be six-linked, just gotta wait until I can afford it.

Yes, that Prism Guardian is on my list, just don't have the 5 ex yet sadly :(.

"
builds very possible in softcore. Would not risk it on any of the permanent death servers. A single desync Rhoa charge in any of the maps would potentially spell death with virtually no form of damage mitigation. a dedicated party would make things a 100x safer, but at least a couple random deaths are imminent.

I agree about the deaths, no one gets out of getting killed forever so I'm sure I'll have my fair share or even more since I'm a bit squishy now. The nice thing is that the fighter in our party defends me very well so that does afford me that 100x bonus you mentioned.

"

If you intend to run 5+ auras on mana, you won't be able to run your skills w/o the use of a blood magic gem. 1% life regen won't be enough to counter the costs if your base pool of life is only at 1-1.5k hp.

I've been thinking about that mana problem and I think I have a solution. I'm going to trade my 10% quality leveled Freezing Pulse out for a 20% level 1. I get farther range and since damage is not my intent (only curses), it will cost me almost nothing.

"

This tree uses the same amount of points. It gets rid of a ton of useless nodes and adds a lot of survivability. You will also be able to sustain skill costs if you run your skills on life. Plus with more life, you'll be able to run more auras making use of life. You can make use of prism guardian a bit more safely at that point, as 2 60% auras + a reduced mana gem in it would total less than 15% of your life.

I'm not sure about the Buffs ring in my build but the rest looks like it would work well. I think I will still be going toward that bottom node of reduced mana that you have on your tree, so that should give me few more base life points too. I'm sure having the entire ring of life percent bonus would also help a bit :P. As it turns out, I think I'm just about done with the party support part of the build anyway so I can start focusing a bit on survivability.

Thanks again :D.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Jan 12, 2014, 11:10:31 PM
Yes. Polite, constructive interaction is what makes the world go round. Thanks, CommanderSauce! :)
Running a variant of this in hc actually.

Damage can get rediculous even without damage passives due to the aura buffs. With 40% increased cast/attack speeds and upwards of 1000 elemental dps per aura which is easily modified by the curses and %ele on gear.. you can easily see how it would grow out of control. Seen my dps jump from 2k to 15k just by turning my auras on. Others running similar variants have reported 20k+. It doesn't need to only be a support class when you get your auras leveled higher.

Main difference between our builds is i picked up more life and iron reflexes on mine(+10k armor by activating some auras.. couldn't say no). Also, main skills i use are frenzy and power siphon for dps instead of proccing curses.
How do y'all deal with the headbutting desync mobs in HC?
A lifepool above 4k, iron reflexes to raise armor above 15k, and unwavering stance to counter stun.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyjYTQOWlKBuPdpiYENodIMJ-ehGcW-egsdBh7QM4YjKSij6tz6TJx2qwzrr7v4KHNz-SZu1uJPyRX_G8XYZiqcIDH064RGW-wmPRhB_pldwu_baHRTQ0MaeTeMxntkTGo_60s9l_o8vbxcvNulVxjWSZOeG0eNqFm-18lXWJLBuqqlugKRKyHgNWK826AHnOlJko6cwn8sOPBpVFCAnC2EhUEdCo3YIhO9eE3TtG8h670MxYEu2QQUtTipbryml3Q38xWegh3ZKfedjiPE=

-1 curse is inconsequential if it means drastically reducing the chance of dieing in hc.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Jan 13, 2014, 1:49:12 PM
mhm to me a group supporter for end-game maps should have highly buffed auras, high iir/iiq and conduit to share all 3 kinds of charges. only need one curse (and that's enfeeble) vs strong bosses imo. your build might be useful for lvling though.
IGN: Perz | Reaver: view-thread/523959 | Wander: view-thread/742525 | Cycloner: view-thread/804489
"
Running a variant of this in hc actually.

Damage can get rediculous even without damage passives due to the aura buffs. With 40% increased cast/attack speeds and upwards of 1000 elemental dps per aura which is easily modified by the curses and %ele on gear.. you can easily see how it would grow out of control. Seen my dps jump from 2k to 15k just by turning my auras on. Others running similar variants have reported 20k+. It doesn't need to only be a support class when you get your auras leveled higher.

Main difference between our builds is i picked up more life and iron reflexes on mine(+10k armor by activating some auras.. couldn't say no). Also, main skills i use are frenzy and power siphon for dps instead of proccing curses.

Those are some high powered stats! Nice build. I might try some of that tree for my solo character.

"
Perz wrote:

only need one curse (and that's enfeeble) vs strong bosses imo

That actually is one of my curse for bosses. I love that curse. Yeah, I think it will be interesting to see how this build does on end-game. I'm almost 52nd level so I have a while before I'll see. The greatest strength of this build in the end will be the rest of the party.

I think I might be giving up one curse for one more item slot because I have a cool wand build for my boss curse. I can get it eight levels.
Why not make a joint thread with the rest of your party members, with everyone's' builds? (I'm assuming that it's a dedicated party?)

A gameplay video would also be nice.

Also, if you're a support char and happen to have two spare sockets, consider a aura totem, or even just a rej totem :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info