[Hardcore] BAKER's CI Phys Crit Split Arrow - 26K Split / 89K Frenzy Party DPS! [Video Guide Up!]

"
Brazilski wrote:
Following my earlier post I made a bit of a basic setup, trying to exploit the Conduit reroute as best as possible by picking up Shaper, Path of the Savant, and all the Energy Shield nodes. I have no idea though where to take it from here. So comments are much appreciated.

"
hoya wrote:
wouldnt wepele beat faster attacks out in DPS? i cant imagine that faster attacks is better

I wouldn't think so, as it is still a physical damage bow build. Maybe if you do take LA over Split Arrow it would be a different matter, but I'm not sure.

I'm not the OP, but I'll share my opinions on some of your insights:

If you use LA over split arrow, you WILL have mana issues (LA is far more expensive, LMP doesn't help that at all, and converting so much physical damage to elemental means you might not reach your leech cap unless you've got really insane phys to start out with).

Furthermore, if you skip out on vaal pact, you will be killing yourself against reflect (especially if you don't have ondar's or if you use lioneye's).

This build is pretty much perfection just how it is, I've tried tweaking it myself and the best I've done is come up with a ranger variant (just so it'd be easier to use at the beginning of a 4 month league, etc).
If you really want conduit, it will be much easier to keep this exact build, but sacrifice your glove slot for the unique that has conduit (Lochtonial Caress), instead of using Maligaro's. That way it's just a simple crit/crit multi loss instead of a whole ton of passive points, and you can swap your gloves back to whatever you'd like when you play solo. You could also just sacrifice a couple dps nodes (like some of the pure %phys damage in the ranger area) to pick up that other frenzy charge.

"
Morael wrote:

I wouldn't think so, as it is still a physical damage bow build. Maybe if you do take LA over Split Arrow it would be a different matter, but I'm not sure.

If you use LA over split arrow, you WILL have mana issues (LA is far more expensive, LMP doesn't help that at all, and converting so much physical damage to elemental means you might not reach your leech cap unless you've got really insane phys to start out with).

Furthermore, if you skip out on vaal pact, you will be killing yourself against reflect (especially if you don't have ondar's or if you use lioneye's).

This build is pretty much perfection just how it is, I've tried tweaking it myself and the best I've done is come up with a ranger variant (just so it'd be easier to use at the beginning of a 4 month league, etc).
If you really want conduit, it will be much easier to keep this exact build, but sacrifice your glove slot for the unique that has conduit (Lochtonial Caress), instead of using Maligaro's. That way it's just a simple crit/crit multi loss instead of a whole ton of passive points, and you can swap your gloves back to whatever you'd like when you play solo. You could also just sacrifice a couple dps nodes (like some of the pure %phys damage in the ranger area) to pick up that other frenzy charge.

The Lightning Arrow story makes sense. The Conduit story does as well, but I'd really like a build that incorporates the keystone. I guess I could drop a few Phys. or Crit. nodes for it, but I am still thinking about alternatives. My wildest idea so far includes dropping ALL Crit. nodes:

Like I said, it's a wild idea only, but you'll end up with more Int., you get Ghost Reaver to stack with Zealot's Oath, and you'd probably have more Mana and Energy Shield.

The best non-radical I could come up with can be found below, but it uses more points. To overcome that you can probably postpone taking all those bottom bow Crit. nodes. It'd mean less damages for sure, but even a bit more tankiness I'd say, plus a signifcantly increased contribution in teamplay.

Last edited by Brazilski on Jan 27, 2014, 6:45:02 AM
"
Brazilski wrote:
"
Morael wrote:

The Lightning Arrow story makes sense. The Conduit story does as well, but I'd really like a build that incorporates the keystone. I guess I could drop a few Phys. or Crit. nodes for it, but I am still thinking about alternatives. My wildest idea so far includes dropping ALL Crit. nodes:

Like I said, it's a wild idea only, but you'll end up with more Int., you get Ghost Reaver to stack with Zealot's Oath, and you'd probably have more Mana and Energy Shield.

The best non-radical I could come up with can be found below, but it uses more points. To overcome that you can probably postpone taking all those bottom bow Crit. nodes. It'd mean less damages for sure, but even a bit more tankiness I'd say, plus a signifcantly increased contribution in teamplay.

I still really think that the best way to accomplish what you're aiming to do is to stick to a build similar to the OP, and just set up your glove slots to use Maligaro's when solo and Lochtonial Caress gloves for Conduit when you're in a party.

CI/vaal pact builds only work really well when you're doing insane amounts of damage, otherwise you're not going to be able to generate enough leech to survive boss encounters. If you drop crit, your damage output is going to suffer severely, and I worry that you won't be able to survive because of it. You could very easily make 6 power charges + 6 frenzy charges work with this build and Lochtonial Caress, without sacrificing so much of your own dps/survivability.
Baker where are you?

I have a couple questions about this build. I really like the idea behind it. What bow do you use now? I was thinking about running a 6L voltaxic. Could I link blood magic into it or would that kill me instantly because of the 1 life thing?

Other than that the character I would be trying this on is a lvl 66 ranger with a free respsec. How should I start the build and how expensive would you consider this build, i'm on softcore.

I have 85 points to spend right now so this is what i'm thinking to get me started.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEFtQ5IDq0QexEvEZYUdRXXFfAY2xnVIWAhdiSdJP0nISi1KjgrCiy_MHwx-jMMOdQ74T7PQKBDnEcGUUdWY19qYlpjQ20Zb_J0QXTxdvd3138rf8aGrohrjb-VBZXInrmgn6GkoqOnK6c0p9Sv67TFtve71r3mvjrBAMHFwfPC7MSiyqnTftUA1orXhtsa3BXfmOHb4vfjhOdU707y4fVL-WP-Cf4r_sj_3g==
IGN : Futons
Last edited by Futon on Feb 14, 2014, 12:58:23 AM
Sorry guys, was a big away for University :(

So yeah about WepEle vs Faster Attacks, Wep Ele is more DPS in a Group that runs all the auras. but trust me you won't need any more DPS, I'm at ~18k Split Arrow in a Group with all DPS auras.

about Voltaxic with this build imho it's not worth it, you don't gain any benefits going CI instead of Life Based with a Voltaxic. Also you lose the leech from Blood Rage since you barely do Phys dmg.

+ I updated my gear after merge with my nemesis gear

I will make a Guide about my Build soon with Videos and so on :)
Twitch.tv/Baker
Last edited by Baker on Feb 24, 2014, 9:55:54 AM
Ohh hey you're the guy I made that logo for. Glad to see you're still using it.

Interesting build you got here, might have to try it out on my next witch, I've been wanting to try something with more range.
IGN: Sanic
"
m8_ wrote:
Ohh hey you're the guy I made that logo for. Glad to see you're still using it.

Interesting build you got here, might have to try it out on my next witch, I've been wanting to try something with more range.

oh yeah <3 love it still!

I will post a Guide this week and show some map videos! :)
Twitch.tv/Baker
Last edited by Baker on Feb 25, 2014, 8:52:36 PM
updated screenshots of DPS in Group with new Bow :) Guide nearly done!
Twitch.tv/Baker
How much mana do you have left after you run 2 x aura's? I know its 20%, but I am interested in how that goes, without charisma (which would give you 30% instead).

The reason I ask is because my current plan for next season is a split arrow CI build. I cannot decide whether it should be a witch or a ranger.

Ranger
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAdEFtQ5IDq0QexEvEZYUdRXXFfAY2xmKGdUajyFgIXYk_SepKLUqOCsKLL8tHy2DL28wfDH6Mww51DvhPs9AoEOcRwZMs1AwUUdWY19qY0NtGW_ycFJwu3RBdPF293fXfXV_K3_Ghq6Gzohrjb-VBZcGmZqdo6CfoSKhpKJAoqOnK6c0p9Sv67EwtMW297vjvea-OsBRwQDBxcHzwuzDbcSiyqnN6tN-1QDWiteG2RPbGtwV4dvi9-OE51TrFOtj7BjvTvLh8-r0-PVL9tr5Y_sJ_Kv-K_66_sj_3g==

Fyndel's setup. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/782963

The main point of discussion for me is mana. You only have around 20% of your mana left, while he has 30%, but witch has other perks compared to ranger. I mainly play solo on softcore (domination or whatever it will be called in the next season).

So my question is: Do you feel you have a tiny bit mana problems with only 20% of your mana left?
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 28, 2014, 8:57:51 AM
Video Guide is now finally up, I'll answer the Questions soon! :)
Twitch.tv/Baker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info