The Master Blaster - Ignitebike Flameblast Ignition [1.1.0 BUILDS]

"
Kohar wrote:
Just find fun build and got nerf from ~3k (tooltip dmg) -> 1.8k (tool tip dmg) T_T

its no big of a deal its basicly the same dmg as the guide/video was made so np
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by Dafii on Mar 14, 2014, 11:51:13 AM
^ that.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Could someone tell me why not grab the dot nodes under iron reflexes and up near EB? they seem like a significant burning damage increase
Toward roughly 88+ (depending on start point, bandit choices) it'd be viable to grab entropy or the other general DoT nodes you mentioned once you've finished the core of adding the elemental/fire damage nodes, but because burning damage deals 20% of the initial hit damage per second (for four seconds) it's more viable to increase your raw fire and elemental damage.

This has the obvious twofold effect: 1) your initial hit is stronger and 2) your burning damage is stronger.

Further to the 20% of on-hit mechanic, because Flameblast scales at 110% added damage per stage, you are in fact adding a LOT more burning damage by using the fire/elemental nodes than you would be by adding DoT nodes.

This is also the logic by going the bottom route (fire damage) otw to Immolation rather than the top route (burning damage) AND the logic behind prioritizing Concentrated Effect over Increased Burning Damage in the link chain.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 15, 2014, 5:20:35 AM
I always loved Burning Arrow with big ignite damage, so I think this could be a really fun build :). I have a few questions before I start this character.

"
EB / MoM variations are possible for each class, just drop DPS or HP nodes depending on preference.

How well does this build do as an almost-fresh start on Invasion (either with or without EB/MoM)? Does going EB/MoM make it cheaper or more expensive gear-wise? Does it make it
more survivable or less survivable?

I started Invasion not long ago (only lvl 38) and don't have experience with EB/MoM characters, so I don't have the experience do know which route would suit this situation better. I want to be survivable during levelling and my gear will be very limited. (Scion appears to be the most fitting class choice for me according to the guide. But maybe in case of EB/MoM gets you to that added)
On the shadow build you didn't take elemental dominion (20% ele dmg from spells, 20 int). Does burn dmg not count as ele dmg from spells? Wouldn't the increase in initial flameblast damage make this worthwhile, even if it doesn't double dip?

Thanks, really enjoying the build.
Certainly I think Dominion or Entropy would be added at the very end of the build, but this point structure is supplied for roughly a level 90 build, whereas prior to that juncture it's more important to take the doubledip nodes as much as possible.

I'm actually doing the shadow variation myself at the moment. =)

"
How well does this build do as an almost-fresh start on Invasion (either with or without EB/MoM)? Does going EB/MoM make it cheaper or more expensive gear-wise? Does it make it
more survivable or less survivable?

I personally can't speak to it from a hardcore standpoint but to my logic it would make sense to prioritize EB/MoM right alongside Iron Reflexes, not only to provide you with extra mana to be able to support having enough leftover after reserve from running triple auras toward end game, but to help mitigate damage even further.

As a levelling tool, it would certainly be beneficial to get it as early as possible as you wouldn't yet have the aura reservation nodes required to run more than 1, maybe 2 auras at your stage of Invasion. Even if all it does is buy you time to get out of stunlock, it could be a critical pickup.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 15, 2014, 5:03:03 PM
So how does the damage feel post nerf at map 70+ levels?

I know it ends up being about the same damage as 1.0.6, but do you feel the DPS loss is too great? Or do enemies just need to stay ignited for a bit longer?

Additionally, can anyone post their shadow EB/MOM build? Curious what points people are dropping
Actually, it's still more powerful than it was before SotV was released. The overbuff got nerfed, but on the whole flameblast still got a buff compared to how it was pre 1.1.0.

The main difference I'm noticing between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 is that sometimes I actually have to use flammability more often. :P

Other than that, I haven't solo'd a 71+ map yet but I've run in 3-man parties in 72-73 maps and it's working great.

I'm considering going EB/MoM, and I've already planned out how to go do it if I can drop/buy the gear that lets me make the switch and keep my res balanced.

Current build @ lvl 77:

Without EB/MoM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcOSBGWEmkVIBccFy8ZhRmGGYoabBqPHwIkPCSqJpUnqSmlKk0qjSzpLR82xTbYNuk9Xz8nRtdJUUp9SshOKlJTUzVVS1XWWm1br13GXfJirGTnZ6BsFm0ZbWxte3C7cXl_xoCkg9uHZYd2i4yMNo-ml4WXlZu1nC2dY52qna6iLqKjpLGnCKdcrEe0OLUEtUjB88M6ykrOcdVP1p3YJN0N3nfhc-Nq5CLlGeWO6yzsVe0g9tr60vsJ-_X8S_zF

With EB/MoM (dropping five life nodes, 3 near shadow, 2 near scion
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcOSBGWEmkVIBccFy8Y2xmFGYYZihpsGo8fAiQ8JKomlSepKaUqTSqNLOktHzbFNtg26T1fPydG10lRSn1KyE4qUlNTNVVLVdZabVuvXcZd8mTnZ6BtGW1sbXtwu3F5dPF_xoCkgh6D24Uyh2WHdouMjDaPppeFl5WbtZwtnWOdrqIuoqOksacIp1ysR7Q4tQS1SMHzwzrKStVP2CTbC90N3nfhc-Nq5CLlGeWO6yzsVe0g9tr60vsJ-_X8S_zF

This choice is made simply because MoM is a damage mitigation passive, which makes it easier to drop life without sacrificing DPS. You can obviously choose the other route, or a hybrid, but this is the way that I'd do it, since mana starts to act as life.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 15, 2014, 6:04:43 PM
I'm curious what you guys think about this build:

Witch EB/MoM Blaster

This build is a witch EB/MoM Build. I want to use this in combination with the Cloak of Defiance (which you probably already guessed) and use the Clarity and Discipline.
This seems like a pretty strong build. 3k+ mana isn't very hard to achieve, even with all the off-pieces being armor, and getting mana regen at 400 a sec seems also more than possible. Even while tanking damage the regen should be enough to keep up.
The build grands 250% bonus to life, so even with the chest piece missing because you use cloak of defiance you can stil get 4k+ health, and since your health is only 60% of the damage you take, your health pool is essentially 6.6k.
The rest of the build is essentially the same. Sure, you lose some defenses compared to the suggested build, but i feel like the tradeoff is worth it.

If anyone has some opinions i'd like to hear them :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info