Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

No Gold in beta?

"
CainGrey wrote:
Logically, vendor items will always cost a certain amount of certain objects.

However, this might be determined by item stats and value. Such as, an item with less stats than another will most probably cost less of the same bartering items as the same item type with more stats.

... I hope that makes sense, but, to me, it's pretty logical. It may be completely different than my interpretation of it, but so far, it seems that vendors are , very much, a backup and that the economy will be completely player based, as it should be.

Yeh I understand, thanks for the reply.
Hmm, but WoW is an MMO with a massive amount of gold sinks that would just not work in an ARPG.

It's economy has also drastically changed since its release. I don't doubt that change will occour in PoE as well, but an economy based on bartering offers a greatly different experience, and it allows the game to avoid needlessly annoying systems that just cripple it, or make it incredibly frustrating. Also, such an economy is mostly player driven, with very little developer input after release.
The king will kneel and let his kingdom rise.
- emb0 is the best, thanks a lot mate! -
I think its cool... it fits the PoE world so well. Its like back in dark ages when you had no cash and had to trade to your stuff, or to animal furs or something.

Its fresh idea in RPGs where gold and other currencies have been unchangeable feat in any game.
P67 Extreme4 - Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3,40Ghz (8 core)-Sandy Bridge - SeaSonic SS-620GB 620W - G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600, 16Gbytes - R6950 MSi Twin Frozr III - Thermalright X-Silent 140 - Fractal Design Define R3, Black Pearl - Scythe SlipStream 120mm x 3
Cool system. So would the trading screen be something like what we've seen in fallout series (minus bottlecaps, of course)?

I mean, why bother to have two trading screens when you barter anyway.
Last edited by nailgunned on Sep 13, 2011, 3:39:57 PM
from the videos i have seen i like the fact that there is no gold to many games have gold. i think the bartering system is a nice and new way of doing this. on the other had the gold systems does look like it would work more towards what the people want
from the videos i have seen i like the fact that there is no gold to many games have gold. i think the bartering system is a nice and new way of doing this. on the other had the gold systems does look like it would work more towards what the people want
I think a lot of people will change their minds on the necessity of gold once the vendor selling system is in place.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
The end of chinese gold farmers? Nah, they'll just farm these other forms of currency instead
"
Fireycold188 wrote:
The end of chinese gold farmers? Nah, they'll just farm these other forms of currency instead
Yeah, but it takes a lot more effort and makes them actually play the game since currency can drop from any enemy or lootable item. It's much different than most games where almost every kill drops gold, and you just have to find a good farming spot where a monkey could point-click to farm.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info