"Bad Allocation" and "Runtime" error.

The game requires a lot of RAM to run completely smoothly at full detail graphic.
I upgraded my system to 8 GB of RAM and got no errors anymore.
I had this problem a few times and then started using "run as administrator" to load it and have not had any issues since lol.
I have only ever been getting this error once I got to Act 3. I will be playing smoothly and then when I try to use a way point or click to go to a new area I get a message saying that something to do with the map is missing, then when I click ok, it says the game has encountered a runtime error and must close in an unusual way. This has happened every time I've played.
So yea, since I entered act 3 I started to get runtime errors, now I got a bit used to that by simply clearing the entire area till I found a way point. But now I got at the end, killing piety and when I have killed her, the game crashes with a runtime error:

and it keeps happening over and over and I'm clueless what to do, I want to go to the next difficulty, but I need the key that she drops or seem to drop as I read from other posts.
Any ideas how to get past this or fix it?

O and the funny thing is, I have all the quests and stuff and got the rewards from killing piety, just not that damn key =/

Regards,

-

Update:

ok... I tried reinstalling the entire game, removing everything from my comp and downloaded all again. Now I was able to destroy Piety and actually able to pick up the key, but now when I tried to teleport to the barracks I get again this Runtime error but before that I get a couple of these:

What the hell does these mean? ._.
Last edited by Mushrana on Jun 18, 2013, 6:13:36 PM
game ran like a top on highest graphics before patch no bad allocation.guess i cant play this game anymore the quest im on everytime i got to the map i get bad allocation at loading screen, even though i have 8gbs of ram. ive tried everything and no fix. screw this game im playing some guild wars 2.#suckmyballs
This is the same old memory issue cropping back up as it does from patch to patch.

If you are running 32bit windows this will make it nearly unplayable. Make sure you have a 64bit version of windows, or else having 8gbs of ram will not matter, since it cannot map that much.

If you are running a 64bit version of windows and have enough ram (try closing every possible thing and then playing if you are unsure.) and you still get this error, try grabbing the various Visual C redist files and reinstalling them. They include some SxS assembly routines that sometimes get corrupted.
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info