PvP after lvl 28

WE WANT CRUEL MODE PVP ARENAS!!
IGN: solventh
Bump
"
Solventh wrote:
WE WANT CRUEL MODE PVP ARENAS!!

would be really cool. I have heard talk about it in the past, I think a good ceiling for it would be like lvl 48 or so maybe a little higher or lower in regards to what new uniques come out and if they should fit into that range or not but that seems to have a little room to make it through act 3 without much trouble and still get all the skillpoints for the difficulty cruel.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
bump, just went into town in cruel act 2 and found out that theres no pvp :'( i was expecting pvp!
"
xiskoteon wrote:
bump, just went into town in cruel act 2 and found out that theres no pvp :'( i was expecting pvp!

Crazy that they don't have this. U28 dueling is pretty arbitrary too, sure it may be a particularly interesting niche but it makes no sense to not include other viable PvP brackets up to merciless.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Oct 28, 2013, 5:56:40 PM
I am sure GGG have a great plans for PVP in PoE , all we need to do is just to wait :)
"
Bulkathos wrote:
I am sure GGG have a great plans for PVP in PoE , all we need to do is just to wait :)

1 year after and still noticing all that everyone says in this post.

Anyone knows if this game is intended to PVP or it's a PVE game with a PVP plus? cuz it have the better versatibility that i've seen in my life but if there's no PVP (or there are horrible level gaps) to test it, at least for me its a waste of time.

How can i know if my char worth so if the only ways to test it is under lvl 28 and after lvl 80, what i need to do? don't apply points until lvl 80? haha lol
"
Ahahata wrote:
"
Bulkathos wrote:

1 year after and still noticing all that everyone says in this post.

Anyone knows if this game is intended to PVP or it's a PVE game with a PVP plus? cuz it have the better versatibility that i've seen in my life but if there's no PVP (or there are horrible level gaps) to test it, at least for me its a waste of time.

How can i know if my char worth so if the only ways to test it is under lvl 28 and after lvl 80, what i need to do? don't apply points until lvl 80? haha lol

Its received alot of attention man. They added sarn arena, fixed the queues, added challenge modes, added ctf, fixed various bugs, added spectating, handed out mtx points for tourneys, added benching making lvl 28 pvp gear acquisition much easier, fixed flask charges in arena, fixed summon guardian, and so much more its just absurd to say they ignore it. I agree more could come faster if they had the man power but its definitely playable and very fun.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
Veta321 wrote:
"
xiskoteon wrote:

Crazy that they don't have this. U28 dueling is pretty arbitrary too, sure it may be a particularly interesting niche but it makes no sense to not include other viable PvP brackets up to merciless.

I believe the level 28 came from ilvl 36 = lvl 28.

This has always been the ilvl near the end of normal difficulty so if you were to pick a level cap that represents normal difficulty, level 28 makes a lot of sense (atleast from crafting stand point). Additionally it sits under level 31 where a lot of support gems and skills become availible and add a large variety of variables that could break balance.

That was always just my guess as to why it was level 28. In the end i dont really care why, 28 turned out very good and I like it.

on topic: i think opening a mid level tier for cruel is silly right now. maybe in 1-2 years when the other two modes of pvp (three including cutthroat) are fully balanced, supported and mainstream (like racing).
IGN: @GreenDude
But there's no much attention in PVP after lvl 28, i mean if u don't explore these options it will be completely invisible..

So im at the point that when u reach a2n there's a centre NPC that give u the option to PVP Queue and when u reach the same place in a2c the same NPC says nothing about PVP...

We are in needing of a well fractioned PVP level areas, as we see 18-28, 29-38, 39-50, 50-60, 60-70, 70-85 and 85+, make it pvp QUEUES more perceptible, I think more "marketed", Something that motivate ppl to make PVP and make it dynamic, like the hype of test ur char in lvl 18 and these only reason motivate me a lot to buff my build.

I think a system that make PVP a centre pillar of this game and don't make it like a addition or a plus, so, until this i'm in needing to consider a stop, I know it's a FTP game and for these reason I can't expect too much (but to be honestly this game surprises me a lot), anyone is with me or i'm facing a PVE community that doesn't care to face PVP and are here only for kill mobs and show items and forms of kill more mobs? cuz there's a lot of difference to play a repetitive gameplay to achieve items and dynamic PVP.

TL;DR

There's will be a lot of dynamic new players if u make PVP a centre pillar of this game and make it well roomed and dynamic as under lvl 28 is, a lot of new players and other form of gameplay could be exploited and for example adding PVP points to buy gear in masters or gems could be awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info