We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

i could really like this game
if only my pc wasnt soooo f***king old and the grafik wouldnt disturb too much.
will come back when my hardware gets better
best regards
The only piece of hardware that matters is SSD instead of HDD. Upgrading anything else won't net you much boost.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
So far I'm loving the game. Very enjoyable and seems very well thought through. The trade system is the best I have seen so far in any game. The only thing I don't like so far about the game is the fact you must go through story mode for every new character. Unless you have a ridiculous amount of respect points. (probably faster to run through story mode) I'm still learning a lot about the game and it's very exciting. Big thanks to GGG!
"
RiXiR wrote:
i could really like this game
if only my pc wasnt soooo f***king old and the grafik wouldnt disturb too much.
will come back when my hardware gets better
best regards

I played it on my motherboard alone on low settings when my video card broke :D
Abyss is pretty much fun its a bit anoying how slow the abysse's progress and the monster spawnrate in small chokeholds is pretty bad.

The elder mechanic is pretty nice pretty much like it, buton some things are also pretty bad.
Map completion if you fight a elder guardian in a map, whats pretty bad since you dont kill the actualy mapboss itself you kill a elder replaced guardian.
To get shaperorbs you have to run sometimes stupid maps you actually dont want to have at all, there should be at least a option to deactivate mapcompletion instead of dont doing the boss. (What could also allow to complete or dont complete maps that zana gives you.)
Also if shaper orbs appear in high tier shaped maps occupied by the Elder or his guardians you dont get a orb for it.
Next is to give options for quick out map trades while a map is running. Instead of giving the option party members cant enter you hideout, the option should be partymembers cant enter your map.

And the Atlas map reshuffle. the maps that will get permanently runned are pretty much the same due the strong divination cards they contain. The exalted orbs card should be played in maps like torture chamber or underground sea whats a pretty fuck up from layout side with only 2-3 sextants in range or set too t15 maps like lava lake and can only drop from the boss.

Thats just a couple of the total, but there is room to improve
Ingame: Snoxz

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/245436
"
Bowman8763 wrote:

Lol yes, stupidly OP boss fights start in Act 5 and continues on to Act 10. After that, you start mapping, and, from T1 on, bosses fold at your feet. Amazing boss balance.

But, it get's better. You'll find yourself running out of usable maps quickly until you get to the point where you don't have any more good maps to run. So, you just say F@ck it and get on the forums and troll for a while instead of playing the game.

In short, you were better off quitting when you did. Big time saver for you.

100% true
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
Lol yes, stupidly OP boss fights start in Act 5 and continues on to Act 10. After that, you start mapping, and, from T1 on, bosses fold at your feet. Amazing boss balance.

Biggest flaw with the base game at the moment, imo. Even bigger than the lack of polish.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I think this is my first post on the forums...very new to the game but it's been enjoyable. Found a build and it was fun making it come alive and taking on content. Towards the end of the campaign there were some frustrating moments of getting one shotted and not being able to see why but I imagine that's just the way it is sometimes with an ARPG.

I do have a few things that grinded a bit but all in all far more positive then negative.

The negative are only a few, that being that as you you progress your elemental resistance goes down and this is not explained. It's a big problem and feels like a punishment or something.

The other thing is more complex and I guess just the way the game has established itself and that's the currency/trade system. A HUGE part of the game is what gear and gems you have and how they all plug in and it's fun, what isn't fun is the drop rates or using the currency to make a piece of gear useful. By the time you've got a piece the way you want you've either far outleveled it or it just isn't relevant anymore.

My solution would be for it to be made more clear that resistance drops as you progress or just have a cap and not have it drop. On the currency any suggestion I make I think has already been made but maybe make it more effective when you use it? An example is trying to get a piece of gear to 6 link using orbs of fusing...I've been trying to the tune of 200+ Orbs and it still hasn't happend and when I asked in chat the general consensus was it takes thousands...THOUSANDS! Who has time for that? By the time it happened I wouldn't need the gear anymore or would have had to use something else just to survive or be effective. The far more likely outcome is endless grind, not be able to progress anymore or lose interest.

Again like the game but those two things kinda kill it for me, thanks.
You roll the dice and take your chances
"
silumit wrote:
The only piece of hardware that matters is SSD instead of HDD. Upgrading anything else won't net you much boost.

Can confirm. I upgraded from a 650 ti to a 980 with hopes of better performance in PoE and saw almost no change in average fps. D3's fps on the other hand went through the roof. Too bad it wasn't the other way around.

They are doing their best to improve performance, but I believe the underlying engine, which cannot realistically be changed at this point, is the source of most of the problem.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I dont know where to put this up now im going to try in here i have been playing poe on and of for a very long time back from act 4 was the last act.
i got Family kids work etc. a LIFE to live but i like this game.
it seems that i will never be abel to get to all my talent points and run a full build becorse i dont have the time to farm for the good items and then you die trying to get xp will you guys ever make a working class we have a live league with no xp los.
so we have a change to try the game 100% ????

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info