We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Game design mistakes in POE.
I dont want to repeat PT elaboration theses about gameplay, since gameplay is a matter of taste. Optimization and balance is also a matter of time. But game design mistakes break your business!
1. In POE almost absent collective content. 99% of the time POE is a single player game! So why POE online game? There is no reason to unite for players except guild stash! Must be valid reasons to play POE in party.
2. Each league die in its middle. All the gameplay is about rush for challenge. So after challenge POE has no good content to continue.
3. Passive skill tree is a great part of POE. But it has a bad side - no difference between classes! Each class must be unique and have its own gameplay for repeat playing. It should be possibility to play on the armor, evasion, life, energy shield, etc. But POE has a very few playable core builds especially in hardcore.
4. Trade system is a great part of POE. But after implementation сhallenge players leave league and trade stops. Also GGG does not have its own trading server. May be you need to do the offline trade, when stuff in prem tubs just change for currency. So online players will be able to buying and play whole league.
5. POE gives too much crap loot. It takes players time and making the looting not fun. You can simply turn off all crap loot and it will be much better.
6. POE PVP is pro forma, as the main importance is the price of equipment. Normal PVP in the range from ~10с to 1000ex just impossible! So if you dont want to do premade PVP you have to develop a balanced weight for each stuff and pick rivals by stuff weight. Otherwise PVP actually dead.
7. Invisible mobs on dark locations - what is it?! Is it so difficult to add a contrasting frame to mobs?
8. IMHO large translucent location map is bad thing too. When we rush content in POE style, we have no choice in dark locations and turn on bad looking map.
9. Flask system is not good to. It potentially force players to use macros and autoclickers.

All these things reduce the number of POE players, who want and dont play in party, dont play after challenge, dont play the same builds, dont trade in dead league, dont looting, dont PVP, dont see mobs, dont use autoclickers.
Last edited by Max_ak on Feb 1, 2017, 8:33:54 AM
"
Max_ak wrote:
Each league die in its middle.
Something tells me this isn't first impression post.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I have not found another feedback topic with GGG pin.
Last edited by Max_ak on Jan 30, 2017, 3:00:31 AM
I just started playing this game. Really like it, but the fact that there are no pants is just too weird. Running around as a heavy plate wearing character in briefs just breaks the immersion for me. Good game though besides that. Don't think I'll continue to play though. I know it might be petty, but it just looks odd.
"
Galg wrote:
I just started playing this game. Really like it, but the fact that there are no pants is just too weird. Running around as a heavy plate wearing character in briefs just breaks the immersion for me. Good game though besides that. Don't think I'll continue to play though. I know it might be petty, but it just looks odd.

Historically accurate, though.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
first impressions of latest patch..... total disaster for lagg totally unplayable by ppl

disconections/freezes and no connection

all pc's ppl are using are well above system requirements and the net where using is high speed broadband

yet we all have the same issue around the world server lagg....... really bad game to play
"
bd33 wrote:
first impressions of latest patch..... total disaster for lagg totally unplayable by ppl

disconections/freezes and no connection

all pc's ppl are using are well above system requirements and the net where using is high speed broadband

yet we all have the same issue around the world server lagg....... really bad game to play

As I said in your other topic, try another gateway. Since last week I've had disconnections on Paris/Frankfurt, and severe lags on Amsterdam, but Milan works just fine.

If there is no improvement you can try to use a proxy
Last edited by AsbelFar on Feb 6, 2017, 5:55:15 AM
"
bd33 wrote:
all pc's ppl are using are well above system requirements
It' just the system requirements weren't updated since OB at least, and since that game become... let's just say, much more demanding.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Hello!! I went to the site for the first time. I strongly advice
I tried races for the first time this weekend and I loved them.
I personally liked descent-like and blamt party races more than others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info