We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Your game rocks, after firing it up and playing for the first hour it became quite clear that i had wasted money on D3.

Already made a couple of micro transactions and will be making some more soon.

Keep up good work
Hack'n'Slash
So, I've been playing since shortly after launch.

I have to say I'm impressed with the game's mechanics - it's been a very long time since I played such a rock solid game (i.e. DotA). Those in charge of the balance are also very competent.

Thanks for all the good support the game is enjoying, the forum, your policy...
I think my searching for good MMORPG are worth it i can't wait to try it.
still downloading the client now :)))
I was very impressed when I picked up the game a few weeks ago. I though the long search for a really good game was finally over and I actually coudn't stop playing the game. It was so much fun, and there were a lot fresh ideas in it as well. In the early stages the whole skill/item system seems brilliant.

But now I reached the endgame (maps) and I already got bored to death and frustrated by it.

What kills my motivation to go on with this game the most:

1) Desync in cobination with 10% XP loss. This is just ridiculous. I don't think I have to go more in depth here.

2) A few Bosses just kick your a** and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it with certain builds. You can do them only when your XP bar is completely empty. That's just bad game design.

3) No Progress in Gear. After doing a lot of maps I found exactly nothing for my lvl. I got a lot of lvl 5-10 Legendaries but nothing to use for my main charakter. So the game seems to be over and not over. That's so demotivating.

In the current state of the game I think that's it for me. It's sad because I really liked everything in the beginning. But after playing merciless for a while the fun curve dropped into a bottomless pit. You only get penelties you never get rewarded.

I think I will come back from time to time and see if some of these things were addressed.
Hellow,

After years and years of game playing with my girlfriend, we were looking for a new one.
A free one :P, tired to pay!!

We are now playing for 1 week and we really enjoy it. I'm still learning a lot but
I think a played enough to give my impression:

The game is a mix of good ideas and it's "perfect". Diablo 2 lke at first impression,
FF7 like concerning the gem management,... It's simple, efficient. The build
tree allow you to customize your character as you wish, you're not "stuck" in a case.
It's free to play... really it's not that common nowadays. Still, I spent 50 usd for the support =P
The trade system instead of gold is a good idea.
The events are great aswell. I've tried yet but I'll do for sure with the 6th season.

I won't waste too much time talking about how good is the game =P haha

THE BAD POINTS!! (yes there are ^^)

According to me:

- the story, I know NOTHING about the story lol and I tried hehe
- the communication in-game is a bit... archaic
- the WONDERFUL error 8, I get between the area. the -gc 1 doesn't help and I've got
a good hardware ='(
- the UI should be more flexible, I don't know if it is on purpose but come on 8 bindings only! lol
I'm used to keyboard, mouse move only is a bit sad
- the story is a bit short but I'm sure content is coming time by time right? =)

I'm still a newbie I still have a lot to learn!! But here is my FIRST impression ^^

If a had to rate the game, it would be a 7/10.
It could become a 8/10 without the error 8 (!!!) If someone has a fix, TELLMEPLEASE !!

I'm convinced that GGG will improve this game staying out of the "pay to win" system.
That's why I spent some cash; to support the team. In GGG we (my girlfriend and I) trust! =)

I'm french, so I apologize for my english, hope you can understand lol

Genius system design. Extreme depth and replayability. It's the game in this genre I most want to play.

Could have better onramping. I survived the extreme complexity hurdle thanks to YouTube.

Nitpicks: Too many monsters "skate" on the ground like air hockey pucks in straight lines towards me to melee.

Just downloaded the game yesterday; thought I'd give it a try. Have been on the fence for quite some time about this game due to some negative reviews. But it stares me in the face every time I visit the Steam store, and is free to play, so I finally took the bait.
I thought, well being as it is free, I won't be out any money if it sucks.
After a few hours of playing, I have to say that I am pleased with the game so far. Graphics look good and are highly detailed. Thank you GGG for not going with cartoon graphics like the Torchlight series unfortunately did.
The game mechanics are taking some getting used to, with active skills being item based and not point based. The passive skill tree is pretty wild-looking too; never seen anything like it before. The gem system was a little off-putting as well, but I am starting to get the hang of it.
I like how even though the levels are random every new game, they do not look just thrown together. The enemies are very well done too; I especially like how they all "give up the ghost" when they die. Voice acting is decent as well. Haven't discovered much about the main plot yet, but then I'm only a few hours into the game.
Now for the things I don't like:
1. Chat system is extremely primitive. This isn't 1998 anymore guys!
2. No autosort for inventory, and inventory is way too small. It is extremely annoying to have to manually sort everything, and such a small inventory means constantly having to return to town to sell everything. I know the devs want the game to be old school, but some things from the old school need to stay dead and buried.
3. De-sync and poor loot drops. I will withhold judgment on these as I have not yet experienced this. However, if these really are a problem, then they need to be fixed ASAP.
Lots of cool loot is the bread and butter of every good ARPG, and any of these games that lack that will have a short life span. This was one of the greatest failures of D3, and I hope the GGG devs are aware of it.
4. No offline play. This is THE biggest problem with D3, and it is unfortunate to see it in PoE as well. I understand the game's target audience is online MMO players, but an offline mode would have been nice. Many players, myself included prefer to play single-player,
and have no interest in leagues, ladders or competitions.
However, as I said before, the game is good so far, and I will give it the benefit of the doubt.
Well, I'm off to play some more, and see you all later..
Hi,

I'm a fairly new player, I only managed to beat normal difficulty a few days ago. The game is fun, but I've seen some things you could do significantly better.

I've found at times that sometimes the sheer number of effects on my screen have made it hard to tell what is going on, (such as part 2 of the Dominus fight), an ability to turn on/off some of the effects like blood rain would reduce this problem and possibly cut down on lag issues.

The difficulty spikes in the game are rather bad. For example, when my witch was near the end of act 2 she could take on almost anything in act 2 solo without much trouble, but she stood no chance against the Vaal solo whatsoever. Smoothing out these difficulty spikes, though not necessarily making the game easier would definitely make the game more fun to new players.

The trading system looks like it works for in party trades or for trades among friends but not well at all for looking for or selling any particular items. Tradechat goes way too fast to actually look through the items. Some new structure, or perhaps a system on the forums would be better.

Its not always clear what combinations of gems will work together by the descriptions. Going through the descriptions and making this more clear will help newer players create better characters. This game seems friendly to players who want to create the best character possible and know the system, and for players who just want to create a character that is not abysmal but not necessarily good. It doesn't seems like it very friendly to players who fall somewhere in the middle ground of those extremes.
I've downloaded the game last week and played for about 3-4 hours a day , so here are my first impressions ( been playing RPGs and ARPGs for quite a while):
PROS
-Great game, and free!!Really free, not pay-to-win. Wow!
-Amazing passive tree, really a lot (too many?) of choiches that ask for deep planning. I'm playing my first charachter and don't follow any builds for now ; I like to think and make my own choiches and errors...
- I love the skill gem idea, never played FF so to me it's new and great!
- Events ; haven't tried them yet but definetely will.
- Great overall graphics and style!

CONS
- desync : not an issue on weekdays, really bad on the weekends !! A coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it... (playing wired from Italy, my PC and internet are ok). Died twice to this - and only to this. Will offline mode ever come by? I myself am mostly a solo player.
- Crafting : too much luck-dependent; seems like gambling.
- chat/trade with other players (and vendors) could use some improvement.
- More skill hotkeys needed - 8 are not enough.
- Loot drop : great at first, but at my lvl it's getting hard to have a useful drop. And no uniques for now...

Overall ,as a first impression, a very good game!! Won't make my top three , but it's close. Will definitely make a donation to support you guys at GGG. Keep up the good work!

"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Jan 22, 2014, 11:23:42 AM
"
naidmer wrote:
I was very impressed when I picked up the game a few weeks ago. I though the long search for a really good game was finally over and I actually coudn't stop playing the game. It was so much fun, and there were a lot fresh ideas in it as well. In the early stages the whole skill/item system seems brilliant.

But now I reached the endgame (maps) and I already got bored to death and frustrated by it.

What kills my motivation to go on with this game the most:

1) Desync in cobination with 10% XP loss. This is just ridiculous. I don't think I have to go more in depth here.

2) A few Bosses just kick your a** and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it with certain builds. You can do them only when your XP bar is completely empty. That's just bad game design.

3) No Progress in Gear. After doing a lot of maps I found exactly nothing for my lvl. I got a lot of lvl 5-10 Legendaries but nothing to use for my main charakter. So the game seems to be over and not over. That's so demotivating.

In the current state of the game I think that's it for me. It's sad because I really liked everything in the beginning. But after playing merciless for a while the fun curve dropped into a bottomless pit. You only get penelties you never get rewarded.

I think I will come back from time to time and see if some of these things were addressed.

Yeah the same here, however really good game, I liked so much playing and I still playing it, congratz guys of GGG, hope for a better game in each future upgrade!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info