We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

"
Galen_Cathal wrote:
[...]
Before anyone starts telling me "If you don't like it go away", it is EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. I like the game, but the game is somewhat unbalanced and by the time you get to the 3rd Act, it really wears you out...
[...]

This is the same way I felt months ago playing through Act 3.
It basically made my girlfriend quit.

The difference in speeding through the content between Act 2 and Act 3 was beyond linear.
My first impressions are largely positive, despite being tripped up by some of the bugs (e.g. Piety not dropping loot and the final battle scene instance crash.) I am finding the game mechanics very interesting, and I think the game may be challenging and fun to play for quite some time. And I'm enjoying the Kiwi voice actors.

My main criticism would be that I found Act 3 to be convoluted, what with all the toing and froing. Maybe that's because I prefer the linear map of Act 1, and because of the bug I didn't know what to do after Piety.

I want to say a big "Thank you" to GGG for making it free-to-play. I did not expect a game of this calibre to be free. I have never played an online RPG before because I incorrectly assumed my internet bandwidth would be too low. It's only because it was free that I downloaded it to give it a try... and I'm glad I did! :-)

I hope the game is commercially successful. It's clear to see that a lot of time and skill has gone into its development. I like the business model of "ethical micro-transactions" and plan to support the game.
Hi, i started playing this game just a few days ago and i'm really impressed about this game!

I think it has a great, impressive, graphic impact with a very realistic setting and great character progression! The skill tree is gigantic and the idea of putting the abilities in the gems is simply an outstanding idea!

I think you did really a great job! I also appreciate your choice to don't sell important items in the store but just appereance objects.

The possibility to customize one of your equip skin with another that you like is something that i really appreciate! :D

So, thank you for all your efforts in realizing this wonderful game and continue though this direction! :D
Io so Puccio e de te proprio non me cruccio!
hey i started playing game last week and really like the mix of ffx skilltree, ff7 inspired gear/gem combo and diablo style gameplay.
the only thing i think is hard as a new user is getting to understand how the currency works... really hope for some ingame way of giving u a aprox estimate of what the exchange rates are so u dont get scammed from start. right now the only way is diffrent web sites and that kinda sucks.
Really love the athmosphere in the game and the storyline so far to. though the bandits q's in act2 confused me and think i made a wrong choise there as i didnt know what dicition gave what reward.
again i want to say i really enjoy the game. but its not actually fully free to play. the extra tabs in stash will be needed in late game i can see allready now. else u will miss out cause the way the currency works, but like the currrency system alot.

so all in all very nice game.. way better than d3 in my oppinion.
and i dont mind payin a little for the tabs just wanted to point out the fact that its not total f2p

To others.. TRY IT its really a great game
My first impression is that after trying more than 40 names (all of them not commonly known ones), they're all taken. I'd bet than at least 20 of them are taken by level 1 characters that haven't been active in months.

My suggestion: Auto-delete low level characters that haven't been active in X months to free up the names.

Why is Shadow wearing a bra? Lol.
Second impression: I had lots of fun, the way potions work is brilliant.

One thing that bothers me is this genre of games is pretty hard on the wrist, with the non-stop clicking required. The way I used in Diablo 3 to relieve my wrist was to map Move-Only to a key, so I only had to click to attack or use abilities.

I realize I can map Move-Only to an action slot in PoE, but this eats up one of 8 very precious slots.

My suggestion is: Allow us to map Move-Only to a non-slot key in the options. In D3 I used Space or Z.

Thank you!

First Impression:

Everything Diablo 3 tried to be.

While it does have its faults, I feel this game is what the Diablo 3 community wanted but didn't get. It has a skill curve that rewards those with high end gaming skill, but doesn't punish those without it.

The things that I would love to see are ways to manipulate the minimap and the background map. Increase or decrease how transparent and contrasting it is, allow us to zoom in or out so we can see the entire area, things of that nature.

Another thing I would like to see is more skill slots to be filled. There are so many useful skills, and only eight slots to stick them in. I understand why we 'only' get eight, but as I play a minion caster, three slots are filled with minion spawns, leaving me five slots to really fiddle around with.
1) Instance resetting - if you leave a zone for more than a couple of minutes it resets. This means if you portal to town and linger too long, die, or disconnect you have to start over. It's awful.
2) Camera - of all the things that keep getting preserved in diablo clones, why do they keep using the same horrible camera where half of the fight doesn't even take place on screen?
3) Documentation - there isn't much in game, you have to browse the wiki to figure out how anything works. If you mess up your passive points
4) Disconnecting and desyncing - It happens all the time. I kept getting stuck on act 2 in normal and cruel because I would disconnect frequently enough that I couldn't progress. Worse yet, I kept getting disconnected after beating the last boss, Dominus, meaning I had to repeat the fight because if you don't click the portal that spawns after you can't advance to the next difficulty. It's my least favorite fight in the game, and I eventually got so sick up it that I threw up my hands and uninstalled.

I like the passive system, the item system, and the skills, but it's just been too much of an exercise in frustration to continue with.
Last edited by frzn on Nov 1, 2013, 12:37:26 PM
First impression:

Its kinda like Diablo 2 I guess with a huge skill tree that's cool i guess.

Get to mob I don't want to fight in melee range as marauder *Remebers skill tree is to allow anyone to do anything and gets idea to use a bow i picked up to sell*

Kills mob no problem with the weak bow(which can't do in other games for "reasons") :O!!!!!! BEST GAME EVAR!
No uniques, 4Link, HCSSF Number 1! end game viable Guardian Lightning Ball knockback Herald of Agony/Purity summoner build

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2288257

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info