One-week race pushed back by one day

Really, really sucks for the people on college break.

But I guess all the complaining from the EU complaining about the time got through. Oh well.

ign: aan_allein_daishan
Last edited by koticgood on Dec 26, 2013, 11:28:34 PM
"
jerg wrote:
Bleh true gamers celebrate new years by gaming anyhow, this is counter-intuitive.

This.

I'm sad about the change and will have to reevaluate whether I want to do it now.
@Aelloon
"
Aelloon wrote:
"
jerg wrote:
Bleh true gamers celebrate new years by gaming anyhow, this is counter-intuitive.

This.

I'm sad about the change and will have to reevaluate whether I want to do it now.

You're not much of a true gamer if you decide to skip it :)
Such is the vastness of his genius, that he can outwit even himself.
Wasn't it better to push one-week race one day forward so that people can celebrate New Year playing they favorite game?
Oh crap, now it's gonna be boring holydays...
This is such a bad idea. So many people are going back to school from school break right after or on the same day it starts.
IGN: Aphromatic
==> www.twitch.tv/aphromatic <==
PM me if you have any questions!
really disappointed. do you consider your players who have to go back to school anywhere from the 2nd to the 6th. i can safely say, at least 1/4 of your players are either in school or in college. I go back on the sixth (Which luckiy means I'll only miss out on 2-3 days of race time depending if i need to re-adjust my sleep schedule for 1 day and then actually do the sleep schedule for the second and the third will be spent at school.) and honestly this will put players behind so much. people who do this for a living or are unemployed/living with parents in between school years have this HUGE HUGE advantage,

1) Not tired from classes when getting home

2)4-8 Hours of extra time then us

3) a group of high ranking players said the winning players would most likely average 120+ hours out of the 168 if not more Now everyone in school can say GOODBYE to 56 hours of game play while in school (8*7) not to mention having to wake up early/go to bed early limits time outside of school/college. so lets say take off another 4 hours for each day and people who are in school are left with a grand total of 36 hours even if they would normally with no school/college play for 120 hours during a race.

Really disappointed
Last edited by Aceonfire on Dec 27, 2013, 2:14:59 AM
"
Aceonfire wrote:

Really disappointed

You can't really play for the whole 24/7 duration anyway. One day sooner or later doesn't make that much of a difference, does it?

Next you will be disappointed by the lack of reward structure. To which I would agree.

Next you will be disappointed by the fact that a group of people always win those.

Best thing about this move is that hardcore gamers that absolutely NEED to be the first in a thing called RACE, might have the chance to enjoy the new year with friends and family. And I'm not upset why GGG caters to them, is just considerate to their sanity.

I will probably join the race only to witness the top deaths after 5-6 days. Shrines + nemesis mods are heck of a challenge. Life nodes or go home.
/evil laugh

"
Snookdog wrote:
"
Aceonfire wrote:

Really disappointed

You can't really play for the whole 24/7 duration anyway. One day sooner or later doesn't make that much of a difference, does it?

Next you will be disappointed by the lack of reward structure. To which I would agree.

Next you will be disappointed by the fact that a group of people always win those.

Best thing about this move is that hardcore gamers that absolutely NEED to be the first in a thing called RACE, might have the chance to enjoy the new year with friends and family. And I'm not upset why GGG caters to them, is just considerate to their sanity.

I will probably join the race only to witness the top deaths after 5-6 days. Shrines + nemesis mods are heck of a challenge. Life nodes or go home.
/evil laugh

Sir, a day make a HELL of a difference, for anyone level 80+ thats like two levels+

and if you read, I hated it in the first place before this change, it's silly and just bad planning.
"
Aceonfire wrote:
"
Snookdog wrote:
"
Aceonfire wrote:

Really disappointed

/evil laugh

Sir, a day make a HELL of a difference, for anyone level 80+ thats like two levels+

and if you read, I hated it in the first place before this change, it's silly and just bad planning.

I think there are more that can't play on 31.-1. than on 2. ongoing. Learn that you can't please everyone. It's a good change for more of the players.

ALso this attitude to always want to get everything that gamers have these days. It's not wrong to ask politely for things you would like to have (after considering if it would be cool for many others, too). But it's certainly wrong to demand without thinking about other and mourn everytime you don't get everything you wanted. That's the attitude of ill-bred brats in front of the christmas tree crying about that 26 gifts aren't enough.
"
Aceonfire wrote:

GGG should edict a world wide decree that declares the 7 days of race, free days. No job, no school, no kids to feed. If you don't race you don't exist. Fair start for everyone. You must play as much as you can stay awake and alive.

Did the sarcasm translate well?

Some people need to check their entitlement ~_^
or 'need' vs. 'want'

Edit: Now sarcasm got the best out of me. The planning for this race can't line up with everyone schedule. And being a week long race, kinda defeats the 'race' word. Might as well consider it a mini temporary league with every mod there is in game for players to ... enjoy? maybe? see how far can you go in a build of your choice. Going against RNG odds and everything that is hell bent to kill you.

Let the rewards be for top hardcore grinding gamers.
Last edited by Snookdog on Dec 27, 2013, 6:59:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info